1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Shukaku was sealed into other 2 people before Gaara?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Deleted member 73050, Jun 1, 2007.

1. In episode 16, Chiyou said that Shukaku Ichibi was sealed in two other people before Gaara, and they extracted him from them.

Why did they have to extract Shukaku and kill those two people? They weren't enough for Shukaku and went crazy or something like that?

Was that part a filler because I don't remember that part in the manga. :huh

Tags:
  2. Gamble Combination Style

I haven't read that chapter in for-fucking-ever, but it's highly possible it was canon.

Whether it is or not, it doesn't affect the storyline at all.

As far as why they extracted it twice I'd say is because the other two weren't suited to be the Sand's "weapon."

The council mentions something that Gaara can possibly go "out of control" because of the Shukaku, so it's possible they're speaking from experience of the previous two who may have lost their sanity with it.

3. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

It means the experiment failed somehow, and they just passed to the next subject. Gaara would be one of those too, but he was able to survive the assasinations.

4. orange-kun yes, your majesty

ya that's what i think, the others were just not "good" enough

5. Taxman Rail Tracer Supporting Staff

that sounds about right

and it wasn't filler

6. TurboCod Member

It wasn't filler. I assume they took it how because the owner went crazy or because they couldn't fight anymore.

7. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

Why does it have to be a failure? Maybe those people just got old, and it's something that's passed down with the generations?

8. Thanks for answering my question :amuse

9. Catterix is a super awesome

They already explained in a way, no one could control the Shukaku. Very few people are able to control the beasts. It seems only babies can do it, and Gaara just happened to be the baby chosen.

But even that was listed as a failure because they couldn't control him lol

10. Hidd3N_NiN The Hidden Ninja

I think the most plausible reason is old age. You have to remember that if Jinchuuriki die, the bijuu die along with them. So if the Jinchuuriki are getting old, I think they would play it safe and extract Shukaku out in case the jinchuuriki dies of a heart attack or something.

11. Vicious-chan Banned

it is canon. When the eyes open in the manga there are already 2 before :p

12. Hidd3N_NiN The Hidden Ninja

Erm, what? :amazed Those 2 eyes on the statue are 2 other bijuu that were previously caught by Akatsuki.... Not the previous owners of Shukaku...

13. graphitesmoothie likes kitties

You all forget the teakettle from episode 59 or so. :p

14. aprilrenee New Member

Yes there were two others before Gaara, this is also stated in the manga. I think they were extracted probably the other two hosts where having difficulties controlling it. Look at Gaara and how troubled he use to be, I imagine the other two had the same problems. No one accepting them in the villiage, trying to control such powers, also people with Shukaku don't seem to sleep hardly any if at all for fear of him taking over slowly.
    It might be old age, but I really see other reasons for it being extracted before their even considered 'old'. I think the tea kettle or pot, what ever he was sealed in before being placed in a host was just a containment for him till they find another proper host.
    As for why not keep him there, remember villiages capture these power beasts to use as weapons.

15. R_Lee86 Asshole

Im actually kinda glad the anime left the explaining in. Its been almost two years since Ive read these chapters so its nice to have a little refresher.

16. Tyrannos Living a Life

The Akatsuki Statue Eyes has nothing to do with the Shukaku's previous hosts. :notrust

But as for the two previous Shukaku's hosts, I agree with everyone. Either they were unstable like young Gaara was, or that they moved them out before they died of old age. And someone mentioned the tea kettle, that was used to put the Shukaku in storage between hosts. :p

17. Even [Taka] Translator

When Gara being a Jinchuuriki was introduced, didnt they mention something about shukaku being sealed withim some sand priest before Gara?