1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Shusui

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Rasendori, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Rasendori

Kind of upset that Zoro let go of it so easily.

Also a bit nonsensical that Wano country's most prized sword which was already black with haki was just "heavy."

Tags:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Corax

But in fact Enma just uses excessive amount of users CoA. So strong users can use Shusui to wound Kaido and replicate Oden's feat. Likely Shusui was one of 50 before Ryuuma turned it into black blade.

3. MasterBeast

4. Corax

On the contrary I think. Unless Ryuuma was from nobility I doubt that he had one of 21. Likely one of 50 or even worse,and turned it into one of 21. I think this is a feat in fact.

5. InfernalKing

The way I see it is that Shusui and Enma are similar yet different. Ryuma created a legacy with Shusui that it will forever be known as Ryuma's sword (hence, why it was blackened). Whereas, Enma's only legacy is that it was used by Oden Kozuki but it hasn't been blackened, and was never used by anyone else, which means that only the highest of swordsmen would be deemed worthy of using it. In that regard, Zoro holds the potential to be remembered for using Enma in the same way that Ryuma was remembered for using Shusui.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  6. MasterBeast

I was talking about Zoro giving away the sword Ryuuma had entrusted with him.
    He doesn’t deserve the WSS title.
    For Zoro it seems like its the sword that makes the man and not the other way round.

Idk which is worse Sanji bending over and taking his family’s tools or Zoro throwing Mihawks teachings after the first sign of trouble. :smh

7. Sanguíne Symphony

Shusui was probably the most prized sword because Ryuma turned it black and became the Sword God with it.

8. Cursemark

You do realise that Ryuma himself didn't actually give Zoro anything, right? It was Brook's shadow.

Zoro isn't that attached to any sword aside from the Wado ichi monji for obvious reasons.

9. Kasai Kingu

Ye but Zoro don't rly know a damn about Ryuma xD

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Louis-954

It wasn't "just heavy". When used in tandem with other swords it absorbs those swords flying slashes makes them a lot bigger, thus causing more damage. It was also far more durable than most other swords. Zoro redirected a punch from Oars with it.

11. Rasendori

The reason why shusui could do all those things as because it was heavy. It was more One Piece physics than actually having a crazy ability like haki redistribution.

I hope there's more to Shusui than we've seen.

12. MasterBeast

I’m sure he was comfortable with someone strong taking his sword and using instead of letting it rust on an island.

13. Zhen Chan

The man makes Shinsui

14. Vengarl

Brooks shadow=Brooks fighting spirit and personality

Ryuuma likely still retained memories of his past life.

15. Amatérasu’s Son

Flag:
    United States

What are you talking about? Why wouldn't he be worthy?

The sword doesn't make the swordsman, but clearly the sword is important. Mihawk doesn't fight with a bokken, he carries around the world's number one blade. BUT, he can still crush someone with his dinner knife. Remember that magistrate that tried to convict Zoro of his crimes? The one who got damn near bifurcated by Zoro flying slashing him with a seppuku tanto?

And what did Mihawk teach him that he threw away here? He gave away Shusui, a black blade, to pick up Enma, a blade that hasn't been made black yet. If anything this is an opportunity for Zoro to put Mihawk's teachings to good use and upgrade his own blade.

As for Sanji, I'm just waiting for him to make that Stealth Black Suit his own through Franky and Usopp customizing it.

No. It wasn't. It was Brook filtered through a hazy fog of Ryuma's memories.

Brook's shadow said that he thinks the samurai (Ryuma) would be satisfied with passing the sword to Brook.

16. charles101

Flag:
    Poland
    For me it's just little lame that "National treasure" looks worse than one of 2 swords of one of 5-6 (?) Daimo. I mean, both are classified as 21 great swords, but it's peak of Shusui, when Enma could be even better. Wouldn't it make more sense if the most precious sword in Wano was the best one?

Isn't Ryuuma from Shimotsuki clan?

17. Rasendori

18. TheOmega

Maybe Shusui was "heavy" because Ryuuma's Haki made it black. Kinda like how in Bleach the user's Reiatsu is what allows for the ease of use for their own weapons, perhaps Shusui was "heavy" because it was literally "filled" with somesom else's haki.

Now Zoro has a clean slate and can imprint his own ambitions into his sword.

19. Amatérasu’s Son

Flag:
    United States

Have you consider that it may have been a top grade sword hundreds of years ago, and was surpassed in the intervening time. But no matter how many newer better swords are made, they aren't actually Ryuma's sword.

You could make a titanium alloy blade today for Prince William...but it wouldn't be Excalibur.

Yes he is. His proper name is Shimotsuki Ryuuma.

20. Cursemark

He still wasn't Ryuma & he was blatantly speaking as if Ryuma was a different person.

There wasn't any Zombie that retained the past memories of the corpses they were inhabiting.

21. Bohemian Knight

Zoro leaves Wano with Shusui. I've said it before and I stand by it. Wado Ichimonji and Enma will stay for obvious reasons. Shusui or Sandai Kitetsu? The creator of the latter brushed it off in conversation in favor of the other two currently in Zoro's possession.

Once the Scabbards and co. witness Zoro's contributions in their victory over the Beast Pirates, they will look at it as an honor to entrust Zoro with Shusui and thus Ryuuma's will.

Zoro walks out of Wano as the rightful, undisputed owner of two renowned blades. A nice parallel to Loguetown. Make it happen Oda

22. Kishido

Enma is cool as hell but damn Shusui will be missed... Alone for his top level design

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  23. Kamina.

Thats what I was thinking but with the reveal that turning blades black push it up a tier its probably being left behind. Shusui is as strong as it can ever be because its already in that state. Its Nidai or whatever sword king has (if its top 21)

24. MasterBeast

Mihawk taught him that any blade can be on the same level as Yoru as long as you’re BH is top notch, what Zoro needed to do was upgrade his Haki and not his sword.

Shusui was already a good sword that was already blackened and on the same grade as Enma, there was no need to pick up another sword, at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave away his treasured sword that Kuina and his old teacher gave him just to get one of the 12 top grade swords to beat Mihawk, and to me that’s just not good enough for someone trying to achieve the title of WSS.

If the sword doesn’t make the man than he should have just kept Shusui, he won that sword fair and square, doesn’t matter what the samurais want, and if they can’t even keep they’re country safe, how are they going to keep a simple sword safe.

I can’t really remember how the whole shadow thing worked but either way, Brooks shadow inside Ryuumas body wasn’t totally just Brook but had Some Ryuuma in it.

25. Tenma

Memes aside while he obviously likes Enma he clearly isn't giving up Shusui because he likes Enma better, he's just being (perhaps overly :trinny) considerate to the folks of Wano

Whether its Wado or Enma, Zoro's going to blacken his blade himself anyway, not rely on Ryuma. You can't be WSS because of someone else's haki empowering your blade

26. MasterBeast

I’m just disappointed in Zoro, I expected better from him memes aside.

Wano folk are turning out to be the worst type of people. They ask for too much.

He should erase Ryuumas Haki with his own by flooding the sword with his own Haki but he wants the easy road.

27. Tenma

I feel destroying Ryuma's legacy like that would be immensely disrespectful, this guy had the skill to make his haki eternal and you gon' wash it out like that when you could just blacken another sword:dead

It'd be like scrubbing out the Mona Lisa and painting over it just use a blank canvas damnnit

28. MasterBeast

Or or just keep the Mona Lisa painting, maybe you didn’t draw it but it’s still in your hands.

29. Tenma

In the end its still someone else's painting tho

Gotta carve your own legacy

30. Edward Teach

I think it's pretty obvious by now.