1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Siavash's tutorial '' How to delete a background''

Discussion in 'Art 101' started by Siavash, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Siavash

step 1 :Start by opening on Paint Shop Pro 8.
    Step 2 : you have to see this :

Click on the pencil with the eraser :

Click then on background eraser. go with the mouse on the lines of the picture now you have to get this :

erase the background til there's nothing left.
    Step 3 : Resize the picture to Width 60 and Height 60 by pressing : shift+S
    Step 4 : Select the picture and copy it.

Step 5 : Open a background/brush for the picture and past the picture on it ad a border and some text.

Tags:
  2. Lee-ish-cool

Also, I just have to add. If the background is solid, as in all one color, it's easier to use the magic wand. ^^

As in:
    Step 1. You know that cropping thing you hardly ever use? Click it. NOT SO FAST! The arrow on it, dude. The croppy thing is that liney-rectangle, top left.
    Step 2.When you click the arrow, it should come up with a bunch of pictures. Choose the bottom one- a wand.
    Congrats, you're using the magic wand.
    Step 3. Have something in a solid color. I suggest oppening a black or any color 100x100. Make sure you have the magic wand out.
    Step 4. Click the picture with the magic wand. In this case, the whole picture, but otherwise that color should be cropped.
    Step 5. Press delete, or cut. Whatever you has selected should now turn white. Congrats.
    In another case, it would get rid of part of the foreground and show the background.
    ^^
    Sorry, no piccies.

Oh, hey. Does it look like I use Paint Shop Pro 8 for my sig? I do. I have CS2, I don't like it, though. I only use it for cool backgrounds.

3. Shadowkan

How do u delete the background with photoshop 7

4. Heero

Outline line your picture with the polygonal lasso tool, then hit Ctrl+Shift+I, then delete and ur done

5. Azurite

............ For Gimp, you can just use the lasso or use the paths to do so.

6. johnwl

:scry IT TAKES THAT LONG TO CUT IT OUT? :scry I HATE THE LASSO! It's mean! :scry