1. cafecontest
    Voting is live in the Cafe Banner Contest!
    Poll closes on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:37 AM ET.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

SK = Gutts

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of January 08' started by Sasori, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Sasori

Skull knight was in the same position as Gutts.

Gutts will walk SK's path but will succeed where he failed.

Discuss.

Tags:
  2. Zaru Retired Staff

It's a possible way of a SOMEWHAT happy ending to the manga that gutts will succeed.

But even if, gutts will have to go through a lot of crazy shit to achieve that.

3. Yamato-takeru

That's about it.

4. Sasori

No one said that Gutts having success in his goal would be a happy ending.

Your thinking too linear and clich?.

5. AbnormallyNormal

yeah i think this is pretty obvious.... except skull knight's history needs to be explained better of course, we all assume we was that emperor. but how can he still be alive? and it seems like void was the first part of god hand, and maybe void as a human was the best friend of skull knight or something?

6. Goodfellow

No, that can't be right, as the legend mentions 4-5 angels (the princess and Jedeau disagreed about the number of angels) who destroyed the old city of will-be-Midland.

If Skull Knight was the emperor, and void was his friend, then Void can't have been the first God hand. I think:nod

7. AbnormallyNormal

yeah i thought about that later after i made the post. hmm i really like the idea though of learning who void was as a human and what made him into the first member of god hand.

8. Adachi

SK has always been my favorite character. :iria

9. Sasori

He is fucking GAR. I wanna know where he got his horse from :lmao

I mean how did he bring another being into the whole skull-ness??

10. Zaru Retired Staff

More like, how did he do it to himself, and where the FUCK is the voice coming from? :pek

11. Sasori

It's called the Sasori dilemma.

The person can speak without having the means to. (lungs/vocal chords/diaphragm etc)

12. Sess

I wonder if we know how old Skull Knight is. I get the feeling he's been around for at least a few hundred years.

13. Dream Brother

We know barely anything about SK aside from very basic/superficial snippets of information, so we can't really speculate about Gutts walking on 'his path', because what exactly is that path?

14. AbnormallyNormal

SK's path is clearly to protect humanity from God Hand

15. Sasori

SK basically stated on the beach that he had been in Gutt's position a long time ago.

16. Kikyo

SK= Gosrick, emperor of before-Midland, 1000 years ago. The angels came down to destroy him for his sin of gluttony.

SK hates Void, but Void is mostly likely the 4th member of the God Hand. He's not the first, we don't know who the first one was. But the resurrection ceremony is held every 1000 years, so the other 3 were there before him.

So, yes, there's a very good possibility that Gosrick and Void has/had a similar relationship to Gutts and Griffith.

Does that mean Gutts will walk the same path? Ask Miura, hell if I know.

17. AbnormallyNormal

why wouldnt void be the first god hand member? he seems like it with his huge ass brain, he's like their leader, usually the first demon king would have the most knowledge/experience/etc. ubik conrad and slann are just there for lulz it seems like

18. Sasori

^ Wrong. Slaan is there for fanservice :hehee

19. Delta Shell

Conrad is there for lulz though I agree.

Yeah, SK wore the Berserker armour too right? Gatts is basically SK mark 2 and I wouldn't necessarily say that Gatts will succeed where SK failed, i'd say they would both succeed. Gatts killing Griffith and maybe SK taking down Void.

20. Kikyo

It has been strongly suggested in the manga that the God Hand adds its members in reverse order of importance and strength. Femto is their leader, he was the last to ascend (descend?) to the God Hand. If Void was the previous leader, then he was ascended 4th, 1000 years ago and the other 3 were already there as lesser members.

If Void and SK have a similar relationship as Femto and Gutts, then Void and SK should have had a relationship while they were humans. I believe Void mentioned being a High Priest of some sort when he was alive, that would be consistent with him being a close advisor to Gosrick/SK. If they were alive at the same time, then Void couldn't have been in the God Hand for more than 1000 years.

One of these days, Miura's gonna reveal that SK has a brand too, or at least I hope he does.

21. AbnormallyNormal

we need to get cool backstories on ubik conrad and slann too. i guess slann was around during the pagan days? but ubik and conrad are just out of left field i mean seriously there's no way to guess when/where they came from, one of them even has sunglasses like wtf, those didnt exist back then :pek

but ^^^ how do you know femto is their leader? i dont see that

22. Sasori

^ The one with sunglasses is obviously from the future :pek

23. Sasori

I'm pretty sure SK has a brand or it wouldn't make sense in why or how he would have lived Gutt's past before ie. Using the Berserker armour or help from Flora.

I think he has done something to his brand, I don't know but it may be related to his skull like appearance.

24. Kikyo

Ab, I could have sworn there was a page somewhere where they actually say so, but I can't find it. You could go by the Lost Chapter, and the convo Griffith has with God, but that's not strictly canon. I think Miura's tried to keep it deliberately debatable, but it seems to me that the other members of the God Hand have deferred to Femto. Void talks alot, but someone has to. :zaru

Look at it from this pov too. If Gosrick's Empire was destroyed because of his sins, then it would actually make sense that it was destroyed as part of Void's sacrifice during and right after his ceremony, as a way to take revenge on Gosrick. There are conflicting numbers of angels right? So, they were attacked by some of the God Hand, before Void ascended, then he joined in afterwards.

Gosrick had armor with a skull helmet when he was human too, but I think you may be right Sasori. Hopefully, we'll get to see it.

25. Perverted_Jiraiya

Maybe SK got help with the brand from the fairies or the witches on elfhelm, sense Puck thought he sensed something fairy about him.

this women?

26. Sasori

^ Nice spot.

I think the "fairy" he sensed was the fact that SK was somewhat etheral like Puck is.

Actually this makes me theorize that Gutts will somehow become half etheral, just as Griffith is becoming half etheral half material (merging of the 2 worlds).

In this way, could they fight on those terms?

I still don't see Gutts vs Griffith finalé in the form of a sword fight though...I duno.

27. Perverted_Jiraiya

thats a good idea, the witches/wizards might be able to help Gutts in doing that, seeing as one witch was more fearful that a 10,000 army.

28. AbnormallyNormal

maybe the elf king will assist gutts in unlocking his inner beast safely or something. his wolf beast sounded very confident about taking on femto

29. Sasori

Gutt's is already merging with the etheral world, I mean look at the Dragon Slayer.

30. Perverted_Jiraiya

:nod

The brand makes Gutts live on the edge too so instead of suppressing it they should increase it :awesome