1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Skeptical about Jiraiya's Power

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kenpachi_Uchiha, May 28, 2007.

1. Kenpachi_Uchiha

For those who are familiar with the series bleach, my favorite character is Zaraki Kenpachi. I respect that man philosophy. He is the exact opposite of a character i am not too fond of, Jiraiya. For someone one with the reputation that he has, the man sure relies on the power of his summons alot.

Yeah i know that he is known as the toad hermit and all, but how great are you if you rely on someone else's power to get the job done while showing no individual brilliance.

This is what Zaraki Kenpachi say's to someone who use's other people's powers to accomplish anything.

"Fighting together with your soul slayer" is a line for a sickly loser bitch who can't fight with his own damn skills!

So applying that line to the narutoverse, basically Jiraiya is a sickly loser bitch since he uses his frogs power to win fights.

Im just saying and that is what Zaraki say's and you know that man speaks truth.:wink

Ok the last two lines are jokes but anyway im skeptical about Jiraiya since he has not really fought with his own skill but rely's on his frogs.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
    Tags:
  2. thegame2009

Didin't ichigo beat Zarazki with help from his zanpaktou and afterwards Zaraki wanted to know the name of his?

4. Kenpachi_Uchiha

Last man standing rule, zaraki won in my view

5. Crimson2Phoenix7

6. Canute87

Even when Zaraki admitted that ichigo won?

7. InfIchi

Jairaya works with his toads likes ichigo works with his Zanpakto.

but Naruto is not bleach.

8. jhin22

i think jiraiya summons a lot bcoz he's too bored to use his own techniques and just lets the pets do the work. LOL

9. Kenpachi_Uchiha

It's about the philosophy that is what i want to get across. Jiraiya has shown no individual brilliance wihout his summons. Zaraki is a very nice and giving guy so that is why he said ichigo won that fight. Remember he actually allows people to cut him without doing much and he also lowers his power to fight weaker people.

But on topic i have still yet to see Jiraiya's individual brilliance for him to have his reputation.

10. Yellow

Orochimaru is the genius sannin not Jiraiya.:oh

Jiraiya just uses summons because it gets the job done faster so he can get back to spying on wo--I mean "research":ninja

11. Naruto_Rasengan

You can't compare those two... We haven't even seen Jiraiya in a all out fight yet, we don't know enough about him or his abilities to pass judgment.

All we have seen are his summoning abilities, rasengan and his hair jutsu (can't remember the name). So really comparing Jiraiya to someone who is of a different series, and that we have yet to see in a real fight, isn't fair at all.

12. Divinstrosity

Don't over-rate Jiraiya. He's the equivalent of a 25 year-old academy student.

13. Kenpachi_Uchiha

I'm not comparing their power's, im just saying that i have yet to see him do anything besides his summons that would give reason for his reputation and supposed fear he puts in people. I am not comparing series but using one man's philosophy to point out that we have not seen jiraiya do anything individually for people on this board to call him a god.

I am not saying he is shit or anything like that, but that im skeptical about his supposed godhood.

14. ardilla

Jiriya would curb-stomp Kenpachi based on the prevailing logic in both Bleach and Naruto, in which men who only rely on their own power end up defeated in the end.

Yar, Thread Fail.

15. <insertnamehere>

Jiraiya is diverse. yes he uses summons quite a bit, but he does other things too. he has rasengan, he can use the needle guardian, he's good at seals. basically he has moves for many different situations.

16. Kenpachi_Uchiha

This is not a thread debating Jiraiya vs Kenpachi. I said using his philosophy i starting to get skeptical about Jiraiya being so strong when a majority of his style is all about his summon's nothing, showing that he can win a big fight alone.

I really wonder how he survived his encounter with KN4, maybe he used *gasp* his summons to do that job.

17. Divinstrosity

We know Itachi is holding back, because the databooks tell us we've only seen a glimpse of his abilities - and it's obvious that even against powerful opponents - he took them down with ease. Kishi has hyped Itachi up, giving us specific reasons from his past for us to expect something much greater from him.

We do not get that from Jiraiya. We know he's powerful ... but he's not important to the plot. We know he's a Sannin, and we know he's a summoner - but if he doesn't get this major battle, and show this great arsenal of jutsu's ... it wouldn't be a shocker. He's not a major character, and he has never been renown for his individual brilliance. The databooks even stated that the Sannin were at their best when they worked as a team. He's obviously powerful ... as are all the rest of the Sannin .... and I imagine great teamwork with three powerful shinobi would give you a great reputation.

18. ardilla

No instead of directly trying to say Kenpachi>Jiriya you resorted to a child like state, and began insulting a fictional charachter.

You also fail to recognize that Kenpachis logic was completely flawed. In the end he admitted defeat and even cried while he asked his sword what its name was.

If you choose to ignore the overall logic of both Naruto and Bleach I will choose to ignore you. Please take your trolling somewhere else.

Ohh and btw, Kenpachi is my favorite character in the Bleach series as well, but I don't choose to ignore the fact he was changed in the end by the candy and flowers that is shounen manga.

19. Kenpachi_Uchiha

Lol i never really meant to start this thread and be known as a troll, i just simply wish to know why jiraiya is this supposed god when he has relied so much on his summons.
    Alot of people thought we would see his great variety of jutsu in a gigantic battle with Oro but obviously that is highly unlikely.

They also thought that through naruto's progress we would get an idea of how powerful he is and his variety of jutsu but obviously that is not happening right now.

So how strong are you really if other's do your work. What if he goes into a battle were he can't summon against another high level nin. He better have more if he hopes to survive.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  20. Spencer_Gator

I always thought tht Jiraiya wasn't much without his summons from what we have seen.

21. Kusogitsune

kenpachi (and many other shinigami in Bleach) are based on samurai. Ero sennin is a ninja. different philosophies. Samurai+ fight 1 on 1 in open while Ninjas=fight in shadows and often mob (that's where idea for KB comes from)

22. Naruto Sensei

The way that I see it, all of the times that Jiraiya summoned it fit the situation that he was in. In the hallway, Kisame was about to cut Naruto's arms off. Jiraiya summoned a toad that blocked Samehada and when Kisame was chasing Naruto and he knew he wouldn't reach them in time so he summon the toad stomach. In the sannin fight he needed to summon.

That is his ability and fighting style. So I guess you can say that is his strength.

23. Yakushi Kabuto

Well, the only real fight we saw was him going again Orochimaru, and we know he was drugged up by Tsunade. If I were him, hell yeah I would rely on my summons instead of trying to work with my defunct jutsu. As for going against Kisame and Itachi, using the frog's stomach thing was practical. Why go against them head-on when he could trap them and prevent them from going after Naruto.

24. jaredknight

i think jirya is a lot like naruto and if he is ever really tried in battle his true colors will show

25. Shinigami Perv

Wanna see Jiraiya with no frogs against a good opponent. Oro uses snakes but thats because he is a snake... and didnt summon any against KN4.

26. <insertnamehere>

i really really wish jiraiya gets into an all out fight and whoops some ass before the series is over. that would be my fanboy wish, lol.

27. Ashiya

Jiraiya, in my opinion, is a shrewd fighter. Although it is seen that he relies on his summons, these method of fighting has been effective for his own use. It is not to say that he knows nothing. We all know that he has good abilities , however Kishi has not proven that in the manga yet

We'll hope to see Jiraiya ia action, a sannin that haven't had his big showdown ain't fitting. We have seen Orochimaru and Tsunade's big fights, but not Jiraiya's

28. jhin22

i'm waiting for jiraiya to get a major fight so we can finally see his stuff. he can summon frogs and if he likes to use it then i dont think there's a problem with that. if you have it use it.

29. AbnormallyNormal

i think jiriaya is just somewhat lazy much like shikamaru and only uses the bare minimum of power necessary for that situation. we still havent seen him face a truly strong enemy for any length of time when he was at 100%.

30. jhin22

yes i also think he's not giving it he's best shot yet.