1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

SkotW Rules

Discussion in 'SkotF' started by StoneWalker, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneWalker

...let me type them first!!! jeeze, you persistent people..

XD

[EDIT] OMG MissGOAT and Pek you people will be the death of me!! :mad *takes old granny pills*

RULE BOOK

1.) No old sketches!! Each topic is designed (heheheh, I sound professional) to challenge a persons innovation and to help with drawing skills too .n___n. So don't post yer old dusty stuff. New sketch a week.

2.) The medium of your choice is up to you! Pencil, pen, computer-generated, coloured, B&W, whatever turns you on.

New!
    3.) The week is from Monday to Saturday. Voting is on Sunday. The winners get listed in the Hall of Fame.

4.) When voting, it would be nice if gave a little CnC and why you chose that sketch. And don't pick your own sketch, you bastard XD

5.) You are free to interpret the topic as you wish, but your sketch has to be related to it in some form.

6.) You can make multiple sketches, but you can only choose ONE as your entry, and do not edit your posts with newer versions (hard to keep track and I may not have seen it before I put it in the Vote thread). And please make your entry-pick BEFORE any of your extra sketches.

7.) No copying pictures from other sources. (I swear if I see an OC that has the exact same pose like Naruto in another pic, I shall chew your bones with great delight .n___n.)

8.) And of course if you rip/ plagiarize you will be tied to the stake and put through the meat processor.

Point system for each SOTW

Your 1st pick gets 5 points
    your second gets 4
    your third gets 3
    your fourth gets 2
    your fifth gets 1

When everyone has voted, your points are added up and the top 5 with the highest get put into the Hall of Fame.

The top 5 in each SOTW ranks like this in the Hall of Fame (from whoever got the most points to the least):

RockLee: 5
    Gaara: 4
    Naruto: 3
    Shikamaru: 2
    Pakkun: 1

The points keep getting added to your name in the Hall of Fame depending on where you are placed in the Week's top 5.

As the SOTW's progress, you get more points beside your name which ranks you with the others in the Hall of fame. Example;

Rock Lee: 8
    Gaara: 5
    Naruto: 4
    Itachi: 2
    Sakura: 2
    Shikamaru: 2
    Pakkun: 1

Have fun :leepose RoCK TEH LoTuS

Tags:
  2. mow

Some updates:-

a. Even after I close the entree thread, I will still accept your entree as long as no votes were cast. I understand the little delays some of you might face and I think it's only fair to give you this chance if you worked hard on making a piece for SkOTW

b. You can change your entree even after you posted, but you can change your entree ONCE. Just another way to make things a tad bit more convient fo you all =]

Still working on a clear guideline to what defines a SkOTW entree. Till then, please bare with me and dont post any vectors as entrees.

3. mow

In Regards To New SkOTW Timing

Seeing how school is throwing everyone of balance and due to the limited number of entrees and the delays that have riddled the previous SkOTWs *:ninja*; a nw timing is in order to help regain some balance

The new timings:

1) Entrees accepted till mid day Monday.
    2) Votes start as soon as thread is closed and till mid day Tuesday.
    3) (Taking into account delays and such) The new thread begins on Wednesday, You have till Monday to post your last entree.

On the weekdays you can start pening some basic ideas and you can work on them comfortably during the weekend till the deadline on Monday.

SkOTW 26 will run according to the new timing, so you all have till Monday to submit your entrees.

4. Feathers!

In addition:
    1) NO Animations, Photomanipulations, Graphic Sigs, Graphics for SKOTW.
    2) Single Entry per contestant. (As stated before, you may only change, fix entry once.)
    3) *Ties will be resolved by an additional vote by a Mod, Advisor, or member chosen by SKOTW keeper.
    4) Single Topic per SKOTW. (To be chosen by the winner of previous SKOTW.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.