1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Slow load times are pissing me off!

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by martryn, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martryn Dick in hand

I'm sorry for the rest of this post being less than articulate. I sorta loss myself in a righteous fury. And yes, I've made this same complaint before.

And its always on Thursday afternoon... when the fucking guests bombard us looking for manga downloads! Can we not make the Konoha Library and the Naruto Translation threads member only threads? Is it too much to ask for them to wait until its posted on the Main Site (NF and not the NF Forums)? I mean, why do we members have to suffer once a week because some people in the world are too lazy to subscribe and participate. Make them suffer! Our forum is doing great as it is, we don't need to entice any more new members by making the forums viewable to everyone.

I went to DL the latest chapter today, and the damn thing has only been up for three hours and its already been DLed 400 times! There are less than 400 active members online! And I know that some of them are anime only! There are almost 1000 guests online now! Thats almost a 3 to 1 ratio of members to guests! Can nothing be done?

Tags:
  2. Procyon Loveless

If we did that, they'd just join, so we'd have a ton of members causing the same problem.

I would agree that it's sort of creepy how many guests we constantly have. :oh But that's waaay too much to ask of them. Besides, even if we post and contribute to the forums, it doesn't mean that we should be the only people to get Naruto information and downloads here. It's their loss by not coming here and making friends.

The guest:member ratio sort of freaks me out. More. :oh

3. martryn Dick in hand

I'd rather have members than guests. At least you can interact with members and they contribute to making the forum huge. Plus, if they were members, they might actually post. And aren't we happy with more posts?

Let them get their info from NarutoFan and leave NarutoFanForums to the members. There is no reason they can't find info on techniques and characters from sites around the web. And they can get their DLs off links at the main page. Before I became a member of the forums thats where I got mine. If they are going to visit the forums and look in on our conversations, the least they can do is join us. Its like they're eavesdropping or something. And I wouldn't mind if it didn't slow the forums down. Notice that the only time I have a complaint is on Thursdays or Fridays or whenever the newest chapter is up.

4. Procyon Loveless

I'm sure if that was possible it might have been done already. XD

But don't you think that's sort of greedy? I would be like having our own personal translators to do translations for us and stuff like that. =/

5. martryn Dick in hand

If by us you mean members, I don't see why that is greedy at all. We're the ones that really care about Naruto and the show's well-being, don't you think? I mean, we're actually the ones that are members of a Naruto forum. Tazmo posts the scanlations on the first page when they become available. What's wrong with the guests just waiting to get manga from there. If it was that important to them, they should sign up and become fucking members.

6. ninamori Well-Known Member

...Take a vacation from NF on Thursdays?

;D

Oh wait, you want to download the manga. And you're complaining about that taking too long.... <_____<

Download the day after?

7. Jackal Iscariot Ero-sennin

^ the manga is too good.....if I dont get my fix on thursdays....my hands begins to shake :S :nuts :blink

and Im beginnin to hate the guests....I want them as members! Then i can flame them and neg rep them :evil :kukuku
    no i dont, i love ya guys...so join the forum >_>;;;​

8. martryn Dick in hand

But that would mean that I let the guests beat me! No way am I doing that! If the forum goes down or something I'm okay with that, but slow times due to people who don't give enough of a shit to sign up... They want free fucking hand-outs. That's what gets me. Why don't they wait until the day after its released to get the newest chapters? I just want to join the chapter discussion threads for once while they're still hot. I can't do that if the guests are clogging up the forums, making me wait a minute or two between the pages loading. I think its getting better again now. I think.

9. ninamori Well-Known Member

I do not read the manga, so I would not know. :O

(Hahahaha I wrote stuff out. x])

Mart; I guess you're right. But then again, I don't care about the guest problems, because I don't read Naruto anymore. XD

10. Shunsui Think. Supporting Staff Advisor

The last chapter made me like Kishi again. :oh

Also, slow load times aren't something we can control. Sometimes it's due to hackers, sometimes it's due to guest attacks, and sometimes it's just dumb server-ness.

Sorry we can't help. :\

11. martryn Dick in hand

Argh! I hate all of you people now! Can't you ferret out hackers, kill guests, and get servers that aren't lame? [/generic whining]

12. TheChoji Banned

Your not the only one martryn. Everyone hates slow load times.

13. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

i AGREE.

The slow times, makes my hair fall and gray.

I might be suing this forum some time soon.

14. Procyon Loveless

This goes for suing too.

15. Shiron BOING!!!

It would reduce the numbers, though. Some of those users are leechers and they're just to plain lazy to create an account. So, once they find out they can't get it anymore, they'd go somewhere else. It might only take out 5-10% out of the guests, but that's better than none of them leaving.

16. Dyroness x

Someone registered will definitely leak the raw, even if when I release I do get a good time advantage. If they really want the raw the minute it first surfaces, I guess they should register. I agree - the 281 release was so damn guest-cloggy, I couldn't post the last page, having to wait 10 minutes. Never again I'm posting individual-page raws. :nuts

News Stand for members only! :bees

17. Neenah Crazy face Ichijou.

I 2nd that suggestion!
    Then the guests wont bother us in that section >o

18. martryn Dick in hand

Yay, go smart people! But if nothing can be done about it, nothing can be done. Makes me want to further my studies in programming so that I could... make something be done... or something.

19. Leen Peacemaker

Exactly, I agree completely. Everywhere else, they can go except for this place. Better still, Konoha Avenue for members only. At least, that will get some of these guests to go search for manga in other places.

Can u believe it, in the time of 1 hour or less, the guests number shoots up from 800+ to 1000+ and drop to 800+ again. Also, the translation area has the most viewers. 500+ people are viewing that place at the same time while only 380+ members are online.

What is going on????????:omg

20. Mibu Clan Chibi Mibu

Maybe make it, that you need 200 post count to get there first??

Just a suggestion...

21. Leen Peacemaker

Well that can be a solution, but what about those who dont posts that much but really care about manga. Also, it might encourage people to spam up to 200 posts just to go there. I think using mangahelpers nowadays is probably the wisest thing to do for now.

22. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

sorry if this is too big [/IMG]

23. Procyon Loveless

Wrong thread? :huh

24. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

That would encourage spam. I've experienced a similar "compromise" on another board... needless to say it didn't work out so well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.