1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dragon Ball Drawing Contest pt2
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] So a mod's recent history doesn't matter now?

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by Imakarum Mirabilis, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imakarum Mirabilis Leader of the Thunderbolts

Since 'outsiders' like myself were not allowed for some reason to comment on a mod being allowed to post outside of his section, I felt I should take the advice of one of the mods there and take it here.
    As you can see, this thread is made as per the request of Soca.
    Several people have voiced their disapproval of this newly appointed mod. These people were promptly silenced and told to go make a complaint thread because they were not regulars of where the aforementioned mod has been appointed. This is complete and utter rubbish as a mod has an influence everywhere he posts, regardless of the section he is appointed to. So we will, in this complaint thread, say why we think that xmysticgohanx is not fit to be a mod. The Staff, especially with the recent events, need to be held to higher standards and he most certainly does not meet those standards.

@NostalgiaFan @Juub @God Movement @Crimson King @The Immortal WatchDog @Fang @Crimson Dragoon @Seraphoenix @Shrike @Avalon @jayjay³² @xmysticgohanx discuss this to your heart's content

Tags:
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Masterblack06 Man of Atom

I dont know the dude, but if the shit I heard is legit. Then god damn son, just god damn

3. NostalgiaFan Well-Known Member

The staff really are just making shit worse when they pull shit like this and than block people from voicing their opinions. Mystic has no business being a mod and nothing they have said has disproved this when anyone who really knows him understands he is far from the right choice for the job.

4. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

Look, I just...given his history, his past affiliations and the sheer danger said affiliations have placed not only the site but the userbase in...I have to seriously question @Soca judgment...because it honestly sounds like he wants to harm the forum.

5. jayjay³² Drug Addict

As for the new mod appointment, I don't have any thoughts about it.

6. Masterblack06 Man of Atom

inb4 this thread gets moved to SCR or whatever its called

7. Etherborn Cosmic Impulse

Sokovia
    As I responded in the To the OL thread, I'll simply quote my post here.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Avalon

Okay I'm not going to comment on mysticgohan himself as a person since I've never even read a single post of his, and slandering a nibba who I know nothing about is a no no.

:camby

So I'll just say this:

Marcelle/Soca, you had a giant complaint thread about you which can basically be summed up as you not listening to what the OL regulars want. You then proceed to make a thread in the OL apologizing about that and how you will improve and make changes (step in the right direction). You then proceed to get OL members to recommend who they want as their new OL mod (two steps in the right direction). You then ignore every suggestion and pick someone that nobody nominated (500 steps in the wrong direction). When asked why you picked him, you initially refused to answer and started thread banning anyone who questioned you who wasn't an OL regular (a thousand steps in the wrong direction).

You should have just looked at the most popular recommendations and pick the one who you thought would be the best fit for the staff. How was that so difficult?

:tupac

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Seraphoenix Withering away

A complaint thread was made about Marcelle. This thread had over 16 pages and over 10 000 views. The net result was that no higher authority gave a credible response and Marcelle, who the thread was about, closed the thread.

Now we have a thread where again he shuts down dissent by threadbanning people.

What a fucking joke. Khris wasn't lying when he said admins can't do anything. Marc actively shuts down criticism of himself and gets away with it regularly.

10. Juub Well-Known Member

So that's why the OL thread suddenly went quiet? I thought something was off lol. @Soca threadbanned the OBD. I'll just have you know that @xmysticgohanx Gohan is a very active member of both the OBD and DB section so the opinions of the regulars of these sections are every bit as valuable as the opinions of the OL's regulars. You can't silence them because they're not from the OL. What they were addressing went beyond the OL.

11. Masterblack06 Man of Atom

So far past experiences have told me not to expect much from anyone involving complaints

12. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

It’s bigger than xmysticgohanx. It’s the staff thinking they know so much better than their community. There’s a degree of arrogance in making a thread for the section to vote for new moderators and ignoring all of their suggestions and going for someone who you personally wanted from the very start.

Why even ask us who we want? He was probably banking on at least one person voting for his top choice (gohan). But nobody did, so he said fuck it and modded him anyway.

13. Avalon

I mean, just look at the DB section. A lot of people picked Majin Lu. They seemed happy and calm when they got what they wanted and she became the new DB mod.

Why couldn't you just do the exact same thing? You had proof that letting the section members pick who they want actually works right infront of you.:tupac

14. Juub Well-Known Member

We were straight up told we were too incompetent to pick our own mods. This is coming from people that modded fucking Pandamonium LMAO. Thankfully, we now got two competent mods that were ironically chosen based on community input.

@xmysticgohanx was never even mentioned so why he was modded puzzles me to this day and the feedback has been so far largely negative.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Avalon

Avalon: Wonder what new shitstorm the staff will cause today? :hm

Marcelle: Just watch what I got up my sleeve. :tupac

16. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

For the people who know the background to what Juub is saying. This is all the proof you need that the community knows what’s best for them. We adore Santi and Lu in the DB section.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Avalon

Huh? A staff member called their section regulars incompetent?

18. Darth Nihilus Super Saiyan Black

19. Juub Well-Known Member

Nope. not one. Two.

• List
  20. Avalon

Share with the rest of the class. :kannasip

21. Brian           

We actually had this issue in the art section because a mod who never post there got modded for it and this was the response

so section activity don't matter in general to the staff :tiredpepe

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  22. Juub Well-Known Member

tl;dr, DB section was considered shit. Panda and Xiammes tried to work with us to make things better. A popular suggestion was having section-appointed mods. They both told us they would never trust the people of the DB section to mod someone and that we could recommend whoever we wanted, they didn't have to listen.

Funny because the OL mod who this thread is discussing is viewed as somewhat of a troll by the DB and OBD but don't tell anyone I told you that.

23. Lina Shields It could be better, could be worse, but at least it is not the worst

Wasn't there quite a bit of a shitstorm when Santi got modded for the DB section instead of Blade? I was there during that day when Santi got newly modded and there was some....controversy to say the least.

But since most of the people on that DB section seem to be okay with Santi's presence he's probably doing a good job as mod for that section anyways.

24. Avalon

But...wasn't it the DB members who choose Majin Lu in the first place?

:confusedjr

25. Avalon

Which proves that the DB section can pick someone good? :confusedjr

26. Juub Well-Known Member

That was AFTER. After the several staff debacles. All debacles we kinda predicted. Then it was decided they'd give us a chance and look at that, it's working great. It's almost as if working with the community benefits the community.

• List
  27. Santi Musanti Niggamoto Moderator

United States
    I was, at best, a semi-quarter-quarter regular in the section who dropped by once a week. That was the controversy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • List
  28. Imakarum Mirabilis Leader of the Thunderbolts

Here's my personal issue with xmysticgohanx.

While we haven't had a lot of confrontations (I would even dare say most of them were friendly), we have a much bigger problem on our hands. This goes beyond problems with the Staff modding unsuitable members that the regulars do not like.

We are talking about a poster who was a later member of the Phenom Brigade. Brief summary of the Phenom Brigade, they were an insane bunch of DBZ fanboys that were recruited from as many sites Phenomenol visited. He would then use his recruits and send them to as many sites as possible which would sometimes result in entire sites being shut down.

Phenomenol attacked this site and a particular user by the name of Sentry managed to get special access into the comic book section. He then sent reports to Marvel and DC Comics about copyright infringement which resulted in many users being taken to court. Needless to say, that was almost the end of NF. Yet when that failed, Sentry did not stop as he kept on creating sockpuppet accounts to try and take this site down for roughly a decade.

Keep in mind, xmysticgohanx is a member of the Phenom Brigade. He throws his lot in with people like Phenomenol and Sentry that have caused many sites to go under and almost caused this site that we are all posting on to nearly cease. I shouldn't have to tell you the impact that xmysticgohanx could potentially have on this site since he likely is still in contact with Phenomenol and that should scare everyone here. I know I certainly am.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  29. Avalon

The other OL mod was just picked now so you guys can discuss him as well. :popcorn

30. Juub Well-Known Member

He’s cool. He was actually voted several times and is respected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.