1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

So about the death of Tobirama...

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by mikeyman75, Oct 18, 2018.

1. mikeyman75 Member

Why did it downplay his strength/make him look weak af?

The people who killed him aka the ginkaku/kinkaku force were made up of AT LEAST twenty (I think Tobirama sensed exactly twenty but yeah) highly skilled ninja. I don’t know if it’s a fact but they were made up of ALL S-rank ninja (the likes of Kakuzu, Itachi, Kisame, etc) and even if they weren’t they probably had a fair number of guys with A Rank/S Rank or elite jonin/Low Kage skills. With that disadvantage and Gin/Kin being as strong as they are, I almost can’t see Tobirama winning this fight. I know there’s the thing with Darui beating Gin and Kin but in Tobiramas fight I imagined he took out almost all the members of the force except Gin/Kin themselves but just ran out of juice or something.

Either way, what do you guys think?

Did Tobirama in fact seem weak because of that? Does the fight lose him some hype? If he lost hype because of how his death happened do you think it was fair to Tobirama?

Tags:
  2. Takaya Well-Known Member

Darui didn't face those two alone, unlike Tobirama, who didn't have treasured tools or an army at his back. And they weren't fighting with a twenty-man backup squad there. Tobirama fought those two and their backup by himself, while trying to ensure not one of them could get by him to go after his students. He was in a position where he couldn't just Flying Raijin out of there and come at it from a different angle, because the whole strategy hinged on being there as the decoy to ensure the others got away.

Darui had all the advantages, Tobirama didn't.

So no, I don't think he seems weak for that.

And we don't actually know the cause of death for Kin and Gin, I think? They would have died around the same year that Tobirama did, so it's entirely possible he at least mortally wounded them?

3. mikeyman75 Member

Also that last point is very true

4. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Idk but shoutout to Ginkaku & Kinkaku for getting rid of that racist bastard, menace to Konoha

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Coolest Guy! Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  5. 1337RedGlitchFox Well-Known Member

I dont recall them killing the guy who tried to take over the world nor the guy who wanted to rebel against konoha. :maybe

Especially not the guy who decided to become a god just cause he got friendzoned :heston

6. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Who's that?
    I think i have an idea who this character is tho.. Taking shots at Obito cuz you somehow know he's my fav character eh?

7. 1337RedGlitchFox Well-Known Member

I honestly didnt know he was your favorite character either, my legit bad there. First day ever here.

But yeah, Tobirama honestly seemed like an extremist with some well intentions and was right in the end.

Only issue is yes, he was pretty racist to me too, but within right reason after seeing the uchihas.
    He had the right idea, just the wrong reasoning.

I mean. come on now. You all are fucking mental masochists on a biological level!

You get your sharigan through trauma. get mangekyo by killing your best friend. get ems by yoinking your blood brothers eyes.

Cmon now. Id see that and id be like "Oh fucking god... Station them near whatever Kimimaros clan was from"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Sanbur New Member

It only adds hype. Only top tiers fight a group like that. Ginkaku and Kinkaku alone are broken with all tools while alive. They knew the advantages of Edo Tensei, though weakens their bodies anyway, and thus it's arguable they were lax.

9. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

I don't really think it made Tobirama look weak because its made clear that they never engaged Tobirma in a clean fight. Once they did a sneak attack on a peace summit and the other time they ganged up on him with 20 S rank ninja's. The message I got from that was that Tobirama would have easily schooled them if they didn't go for underhanded methods.

I wouldn't exactly call Tobirama's Uchiha policy a menace either. In fact he probably had the perfect middle ground between coddling them like his brother or wiping them all out like his student Danzo. Keeping a bunch of dangerous people on a lease is wise and still giving them respectable positions signals their importance to the village.

10. Silnaem Nothing for Wisdom

I think its cuz most wanna downplay Kin And Gin and Darui by extension.

Otherwise he's not weak for it.

However, FTG does allow him to blindside with the greates ease so he couldve done better

11. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I got the impression that Tobirama's group was at least low on chakra at the time. They had quite a lot of dirt on them. So by anime law they must have been very tired.
    We don't really have enough information to speculate on the strength of the Kinkaku force, or the level of exhaustion Tobirama had at the time. Or how much intel or what specific type of jutsu the bounty hunters had gathered. So I wouldn't consider it inconsistent with anything.

12. Ninja Mangaka Well-Known Member

his death wasn't very clear, first it was by 20 dudes and then later it turns out the kingin bros were two criminals who tried to kill the second raikage as well. so unless kumo allows criminal outcasts to lead their hit teams then more information is needed than what was given on panel.

13. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

1. He and the raikage were blindsided by an assassination attempt meaning he wasn't facing someone in even 1v1 combat.
    2. The force that apparently took him out consisted of Kinkaku and Ginkaku with the sage weapons as well as 20 S rank shinobi. The akatsuki are considered S rank so that should give you an indication of their strength.
    3. All in all there was nothing weak about him. I mean he flexed his fingers and had EMS Sasuke sweating.

14. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

I thought it was implied he killed Gin and Kin along with those S Class ninja by blowing himself up.

15. mikeyman75 Member

Although the fight/what happened is basically up to our imagination, the reason why I made this post in the first place was honestly just because of this video lol

16. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

I've seen that one. It was pretty biased in favor of Kisame.

18. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

19. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

20. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

21. Guntah Well-Known Member

Brazil
    I do wonder what Tobirama's word soul was. Probably "Uchiha" given how much he complains about them.

22. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

The next question is are you technically dead if you are sealed or are you in stasis?

23. Guntah Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Stasis I guess, Samui and Amui were released pretty easily at the end of the war when they found the Benihisago. I don't think that's what Tobirama died from since he was later revived as a proper Edo Tensei. Unless he died of hunger inside that thing, which is quite anticlimactic. I like to imagine he went out in a blaze of glory, being evaporated by a Bijuu Dama from either Kinkaku or Ginkaku.

24. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Nah it had to be a trade. His Gojō Kibaku Fuda killed the 20 s rank ninjas and on brother while a Tbb took him out. That would make it epic.

25. Guntah Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Kinda imagine the remaining brother that killed him dying from his wounds afterwards, but that would be epic too.

For all the flashbacks we got in this series, this is really one I wouldn't have minded much, even if it was in the form of some filler.

26. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Imagine it had the quality of animation and scenery as Hashirama vs Madara

27. Grinningfox Active Member

the translation I read makes no mention of the Kinkaku force being comprised of twenty S rank shinobi, Tobirama only said that they were skilled shinobi , which could mean anything .

It’s just a bad showing and we need more info on the force to see how strong they were

28. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

If you need more information how can you draw a conclusion that its a bad showing?

29. Grinningfox Active Member

I can only work with what I have. At least I left the door open for more info

30. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄