1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

So Akatuski fails at time management, huh?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kimi Sama, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Kimi Sama

The AL sends Hidan and Kakuzu off to the Fire Country to find a Jin'.... and then calls them back to seal the Sanbi?

Surely he could allow them time to actualy fufill the mission he sent them out on?

Or just not double book the 'Tsukians in the first place?

I suppose it's possible it's only because Kakuzu wasted time killing Chikiru and bountying him, but even so, it's pretty stupid.

Tags:
  2. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Kakuzu made them late because he stopped to cash in the bounty. Hidan told him that 283434 times but he just wouldn't listen =/.

Oh and Kishimoto wanted to show the AL.

3. Futagokage

They did not count with the money hungry of Kakuzu and the Power of Tobi, team 1 was slower and team 2 was faster :D

4. Grrblt

They're not called back in the sense that they have to go all the way back to Akatsuki Hideout; only in the sense that their attention is needed and they should remove themselves from any threat. They're just going back to where they can seal the Sanbi up without being interrupted. Then they're back to jinchuuriki hunting.

5. Vodrake

I presume it's as you said. The AL didn't know that the pair had stopped off to make some cash on the side and so was expecting them to be done in the Fire Country.

Another idea is that he just doesn't give a shit about what they're doing at the moment and expects them to just get back to searching the same area when he was done with them. If they'd said to him that they were currently fighting their Jin or at least knew where it was he would probably have given them some leeway, but as they didn't, the Sanbi's extraction is more important.

6. Spanish Hoffkage

And the Nibi, they already have to seal the Nibi. :headscrat

7. Dionysus

I think they have the teams out free ranging. There's no schedule. If there's a big find they call people back. It's likely random. Much to Asuma's benefit.

8. The Pink Ninja

With the rings they can can unseal it anywhere... but they can't fight at the same time.

9. Kimi Sama

I don't really buy that though, considering the AL sent them all the way to Fire Country, which even with ninja tree hopping must have been a long journey (it's 3 days to Sunakagure after all)... so a delay of just a couple of hours shouldn't matter much.

Good point lol. And also provide a reason for Hidan and Kakuzu not to walk up and down Team Asuma's arses.

Good point, they do just need to find somewhere secluded and have a sit down. But, it's a needless interuption, especialy when they're in a hostile country where it's quite likely they'd encounter trouble.

Again, it can't have taken more than a few hours to kill Chikiru and hand him in, which on a timescale of days isn't very long at all. Unless we're to assume Hidan and Kakuzu just happened to be in Fire Country anyway, which isn't likely.

Yeah I pressume he wouldnt outright ruin the chances of capturing the Jin', had they been fighting it at the time.

I dunno. I still don't quite buy the scenerio, it's too much of a blatant plot device for Team Asuma not to get slaughtered

10. tictactoc

Kishi didn't want to make Asuma's death in these conditions. It will be more emotional in an hospital bed, with Kurenai beside his lover :amuse

11. caius

I think we stumbled onto the main importance of this arc. Kurenai is really a man.

12. tictactoc

Lmao yeah I typed too fast, doesn't matter, people will understand what I tried to say. :laugh

13. FrostXian

Kakuzu goes to drop bounty prices.

14. geG

So this obviously means Yugito is still alive/unextracted, as Hidan and Kakuzu haven't been called back to do that yet (they haven't had time to do it anyway).

15. Marsala

They could have done that off-panel on the long trip from the Lightning Country to the Fire Country.

16. FrostXian

Yes, they went back, did the 3 day ceremony, and rushed back to where they left, and did all these in a day.

17. Marsala

They could stop and perform the ceremony along the way, in between Zetsu's departure with Yugito and their arrival at the Fire Temple.

Or it's a plot hole. At any rate, I doubt that it took Zetsu longer to take Yugito to the nearest Akatsuki extraction station than it took Deidara and Tobi to drag the huge Sanbi wherever they needed it to go, especially since Zetsu had a huge head start.

18. Syntaxis

They pack huge amounts of weapons in the scroll of a novice ninja named "Tenten", surely they can wrap up a bigass turtle monster inside a scroll being uber leet super ninja's. Deidara just dragged it to the nearest shore to actually seal it up inside a scroll.

But that's offtopic.

I think the Akatsuki memers are pretty much on a deadline, "catch this before then, but when I call you better get ready, or else..!"

So Hidan and Kakuzu may still have WEEKS left to get Naruto from Konoha. They were searching while Kakuzu ran into bags of money disguised as ninja's.

19. caius

Has it ever been said that they are looking for naruto? I kow they're looking for antoher jin, but I thought it to be one of the others remaing free and not Naruto. Otherwise wouldn't they have been ordered to head straight to Konoha?

20. Kimi Sama

As I said, a delay of a mere 30 minutes for the ritual is nothing, and Kakuzu's bountyhunting can't have taken more than a couple of hours at most.
    Considering it seems to take days to get from one country to another, this isn't much of a delay over all.
    And since Yugito is from Kumokagure, it's likely they encountered her somewhere near by there. And from maps I've seen, that's freaking miles away from Konoha.

Aside from which, considering that the two were venturing into a very large country to search for a Jin' that they really had no idea where to find, it's pretty stupid to assume they had any kind of strict time scale to work with. All the more reason for the AL to be alot more lenient and give them more time.

21. Suigetsu

I tought that Ztesu had ate her already.

22. Grrblt

Can't eat her before the bijuu is extracted from her.

23. Ofkinheimer

I think it is pretty obvious that we won't see a sealing of all the Bijuu so I don't concern myself much with if they mentioned Nibi or not. Regardless though, AL just had two deliveries of Bijuu and wants to ahead in the plan rather then let Hidan/Kakuzu fight a silly battle.

Fighting Asuma and co is insignficant in their ultimate goals or AL eyes, which makes it perfectly plausible that his impatience interrupted their little skirmage.

24. Fenix

How does the AL know they were fighting? =\

Maybe he didnt....but the way Hidan responded, it sounded like he did....

WEIRD

Maybe AL planted a chip in all the Akatsuki members' brains...

25. blazingshadow

maybe the nibi hasn't been sealed yet because she has a purpose in the story? like escape and give the location of the real akatsuki hideout then give some pointers to naruto on how to control his bijuu power. heck she could be a potential love interest for sai.

meh i just wish the nibi and her jinchuuriki had more character development...

26. G-Man

What astounds me is that quite a few of you have seemingly forgotten that Akatsuki members don't have to actually be present for the extraction/sealing ritual. They can use that weird astral projection technique to aid in performing the ritual while their real bodies are miles and miles away. None of them were actually present in the cave when Shukaku was extracted except for Sasori and Deidara. The others were using the same astral projection jutsu the leader uses.

We even saw the real Itachi and Kisame sitting Indian style on some hill somewhere while their clones fought Team Gai and Team Kakashi, not in the cave where Gaara was having his demon ripped out.

Clearly, members of Akatsuki can multi-task.