1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popilarity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.
  5. The latest NF Newsletter is out (October), read it here

So apparently Kubo's doing an interview at Jump Giga May 25th

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Nathan Copeland, May 14, 2017.

1. Nathan Copeland Rank 50/Madara's Brother

this will be interesting. maybe he will shed some light on the dropped plot points he had,

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. DemonDragonJ Your witchdoctor

This is very interesting, since he has not been in public view very much since Bleach ended; among the many details that I wish for him to reveal are Ukitake and Aizen's bankai, the exact details of Unohana's bankai, the name and abilities of Iba's zanpakuto, whether or not Yoruichi even had a zanpakuto, whether or not he had further plans for numerous characters (most notably Karin, Keigo, Tatsuki, Ikumi, and Kaoru), and whether or not he had planned all along for Yachiru to be Kenpachi's zanpakuto spirit, which I still maintain was one of the most ridiculous twists ever in this series.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  3. fuff Maybe next time ;)

4. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

"Sir?! Why did your manga suck ass like you didn't care anymore?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Pocalypse Fragrant Darkness

I hope they ask him relevant questions but knowing Japanese interviewers they'll ask some dumb pointless questions like what is Ichika's favourite food or has Renji got a tattoo of Rukia yet? :trinny

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Sablés Well-Known Member

nips ask the dumbest questions in these

7. Platypus Moderator

If it's anything like Togashi x Kishimoto Jump Giga interview last year, there won't even be any Bleach/AssClass related questions. Just small talk about being a mangaka and the industry in general.

Basically questions both mangaka can answer, such as "How do you go about creating a character, storyline, etc.?" "Where do you get your inspiration from?" ...

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  8. The Strawberry Carrot Top Bow down to the king

Hopefully someone asks him what ichigo's bankai does. And they ask him some things about kazui and ichika.

9. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

It's just going to be questions like "What kind of pen do you use for this drawing"

10. Inuhanyou Lunar Destiny

^ If its not inane shit like what this guy said, its gonna be some shitty handwaving about nonsense pairing stuff that will inevitably trigger people on various forums. Of course i'd say he has no one to blame but himself for any potential blowback on that front IMO

11. Greidy Well-Known Member

Perfect time to announce Bleach Shippuden :catsalute

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. Pocalypse Fragrant Darkness

What anime is that in your sig? It looks bloody epic :bury

13. Sablés Well-Known Member

That specific scene is a teaser for something that won't be out for another year.

14. Sablés Well-Known Member

Stay Night is the sequel and is split into 3 parts. There are currently 2 different animes (one of them is dated and you'd be better off staying away) for Stay Night and a movie series coming soon.

For now, I'd say watch Fate Zero then move onto FSN: Unlimited Blade Works (2014) :wastone

15. Pocalypse Fragrant Darkness

The 2006 - 24 episodes for Stay Night is dated, you talking about that one right?

16. Sablés Well-Known Member

Yeah, its a complete mess. and from a different studio than the ones who run it now.

17. Lortastic Is Lorgasmic

Bleach related, Kubo might just talk about what he would have liked to draw/or where he fucked up and just leave it as general as that.

I bet you there will be redundant questions like

"What is Hisagi's Bankai?"
    "Go and read the latest novel" *laughs*

"So you paired Ichigo and Orihime together? Why is that?"
    "Yup" *laughs*

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Inuhanyou Lunar Destiny

As stated, its from the Fate franchise. More specifically the third route of the Fate Stay Night visual novel from 2004. FSN is the subseries from which the whole franchise was spawned from and the visual novel was the origin of FSN.

More specifically, my sig is from one of the 3 ufotable animated openings of the 2012 enhanced Vita port of the visual novel.

I would usually recommend starting with the visual novel to get all proper context, but i recognize that for many people that is a pretty steep wall.

In that circumstance, i recommend watching Ufotable's adaption of Fate Zero first and then Fate Stay Night Unlimited blade works in that order.

Technically, FSN is the original and Fate Zero was originally a prequel light novel that came afterward along with FSN's semi sequel in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia...but when Type Moon gave Ufotable the adaption rights after DEEN's mixed attempts, ufotable started with Fate Zero in adapting the Fate franchise, and so when they moved onto Fate Stay Night(specifically unlimited blade works) they treated it as a sequel.

Speaking of DEEN, if you want to watch FSN 2006 and their 2010 UBW movie adaption, they can be enjoyable and even preferable to ufotable's current FSN depending on what you like, but unfortunately DEEN's adaptions have more objective cons than pros from an adaption standpoint of the source material.

If you have any other questions just ask :hurr

19. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Well Zaraki was essentially the same as Stark.

20. DemonDragonJ Your witchdoctor

I myself would like to know if Hitsugaya and Hinamori ever officially became a couple and if Uryu, Chad, Tatsuki, Keigo, Karin, Yuzu, and the other classmates ever found love. I also would like to know the exact abilities of Isane's zanpakuto, Itegumo; given that its name means "frozen cloud," I shall presume that its abilities are ice-related.

I also would like to know what, exactly, Jinta and Ururu were; were they humans or modified souls? Where was Tessai during the final battle, and how powerful was he, anyway? Also, very few of the Vaizards ever showed the full extent of their powers, either, so it would be nice to know exactly how powerful they are.

21. Superstars Well-Known Member

My sister watched fate stay night. She showed me some fight scenes. Like some blonde haired girl named Sabre vs some demon monster. And against some long haired Samurai guy. with a long sword. It looks nice.

Concerning the Kubo interview I'm just hoping they give the Bleach anime an announcement and date.

22. Akatora Active Member

THis is indeed interesting news, though i expect it to be focused on the bleach live action movie

23. Platypus Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  24. Platypus Moderator

@Addy in case u havent seen this yet or knew about it
    only latest thing in bleach :catcry
    hopefully someone translates soon

26. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

looks like an interview with kubo from the looks of it............ i miss him :catprone

27. Lortastic Is Lorgasmic

The bold parts on each page that are Kubo relevant are basically

The way Kubo writes his story. First he makes in image of how the chapter would play out and that's what he draws. Usually it's the first thing that comes to mind.

[personal banter] So another negative way of saying that is he draws whatever comes to mind aka he makes it up as he goes along (because we can definitely see how that affected the story).

In contrast, Matsui thinks of many story plot lines and draws them out to see how they turn out and chooses accordingly. So their approach to story writing are very different.

Also he (Kubo) comments on how interesting JUMP currently is, saying it's awesome.
    When Bleach ended, he had to get one of his shoulder tendons cut after taking a MRI.

And I kinda just got bored after reading the first page. Nothing too Bleach specific.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  28. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see Kubo writing anything new any time soon, if he had to get a shoulder tendon for (presumably) his drawing and writing arm cut.

29. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Dat magaka life, sleeping 2 hours a day and surviving on a cheap ramen diet while your arm slowly explodes from the inside.

So that's where he got the Bankai Kenpachi thing :pringles

30. sarevokh Member

How the fuck can't they understand that we want to know Aizen and Divizion Zero's Bankai? Another missed opportunity to know things and stuff and shit...