1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

So how strong is Jinbei really?

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by killfox, Oct 10, 2018.

1. killfox Reaper of Sage

Let’s face it there has been a lot of speculation about how strong Jinbei really is but let’s get to the bottom of it once and for all.

Feats: He has many feats but 2 that stand out are his feats of stopping Akainu (a fucking admiral and current fleet commander) and tanking an attack from Big Mom (a fucking emperor and one of the strongest 4 pirates in the world; although she was in a weakened state)

Then there’s him effortless tanking g2 Luffy and asking him if that’s all he learned from his training. Tho this feat is no where near the previous 2

On top of his other various feats (won’t bore u with those) he gets stronger and faster in water and can manipulate the liquid in your body with fisherman karate.

So how strong is Jinbei really?

Tags:
  2. DiscoZoro20 Ōka Shichibukai

Slightly weaker than Sanji. Oda put them together against Wadatsumi for a reason. He could have chosen to put him with Luffy, Zoro or any other strawhat below that but he chose Sanji so I will say they are about even until proven otherwise.

3. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    I always thought Oda kept Jinbei out of the strawhats because he was too strong and it would just break the monster trio dynamic. But if he doesn't get nerfed after coming back from WCI then I'll still put him above Sanji, especially if Oda is persistent in pushing Sanji into his cooking role on the ship.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. Kishido Well-Known Member

Currently stronger or as strong as Sanji at least. But sooner or later he will fall back to the monster trio.

5. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    I hope you're not implying that Jinbei needed help to beat Wadatsumi when it's been shown loud and clear he could've handled the new fishman pirates on his own dolo.

6. sanji's left eye Well-Known Member

I assumed around the same level as Sanji potentially making a monster quartet. Damn people are so quick to want to remove Sanji from the M3. Like literally for the past 11 years (and I am sure longer), OL has been trying their asses off to argue there is only a Monster duo or to try to replace Sanji with Jinbei (and at one point Usopp) in the M3. Jesus.

7. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Well there's legit arguments for all of those.

But the one I support is that the monster trio won't be the same Luffy, Zoro, Sanji anymore. Oda seems to be organizing the strawhats into a real yonko crew where there'll be a captain who's far above everyone else while having 3 major commanders. The Big Mum Pirates have the Sweet Commander, the Kaido Pirates have the Calamities and the Strawhats will have their own Commanders called the Monster Trio which will be Zoro, Sanji and Jinbei, if he isn't nerfed in some manner.

8. Kishido Well-Known Member

But you are aware that the Yonkou Luffy won't have a CREW with 100 main members like the other Yonkous have?

Not saying that there won't be a monster 4 or a new monster 3 for sure... Just do not like the argumentation of 3 sweet commanders. Whiteboard had no 3 insert something and so hasn't Blackbeard.

Shanks so far hasn's as well

Funny thing is only Kaidou and CURRENT Big Mom crew have it

And before Urouge we had 4 sweet commanders so who knows... Maybe someone will be kicked out like Snack

9. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    I would put him in the Sanji to Zoro range probably.
    He is a very legitimate fighter. Impressed me far more than Sanji so far.

10. Kishido Well-Known Member

11. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Yea but the portrayal Oda is giving Luffy compared to everyone else in the crew gives off the vibe that he's going to be in his own league compared to his crew. It also kind equals everything out when you think about it

Luffy
    Monster Trio
    Middle Trio
    Weak Trio

See :caticon

Whitebeard had multiple but who were the main ones put in the limelight? Marco, Vista and Jozu
    Shanks top dogs are Beckman, Yasopp and Lucky Ru.
    Dunno bout Blackbeard but he got em :caticon

12. Kishido Well-Known Member

Gold, Silver and Scooper

But I won't discuss too deeply this stuff cuz each one can his own skin on it with their opinion.

Some like you think this way and some the other.

I just find it story wise hard to believe that Jinbe will stay even close to Zoro EOS for example... Not for dream reasons or something but for the simple fact that Zoro is just fucking 21 and only started to wreck the NW... So his growth should be by far bigger than Jinbe's

I doubt that if let me say Katakuri would join the mugiwaras that he suddenly would have the same growth level as 20 years old rookies.

And yes I am a believer that Zoro isn't that far away from Luffy like other FMs

Sanji is the real wild card with the raid suit.

13. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

What's consensus between Smoker and Sanji? Where does Jinbei fit in with them?

14. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

I’ve always maintained that Jinbei will not keep up with in the Monster Trio in the long term because he’s clearly a static character strength wise and doesn’t have the same growth rate that the M3 does.

It was already established pre-skip that Jinbei was about equal to Ace and nothing really indicates that he’s gotten significantly stronger then he was over the timeskip while Zoro/Sanji have already caught up to him.

So the monster trio isn’t going to break or change because Jinbei’s not keeping up with the M3 in strength long term he’ll fall behind them after for good after Wano more then likely.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  15. HaxHax  Galatians 4:16

Just like Zoro needed help to beat the pacifista ya know

16. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Smoker shouldn't be brought in here. I severely doubt my ^ (use bro) can even keep up with Franky these days :(

My man :blobfist

17. Gohara Ryutoshi

Jinbe's character at pre time skip I would argue is inferior to mid to high ranking yonkou commanders however superior to basically most if not all of the other yonkou commanders. It's possible that his character has become superior during the time skip because of being a main character. It's tricky to rank his character. Jinbe's character at post time skip being > pre time skip arguably makes his character mid to high+ yonkou commander ranking. :p

18. maupp Faster than my Shadow

No way the SH will be structured like the other 2 yonkou groups with sweet commanders and calamities. It won't work narratively speaking unless Oda decides to have like 4 yonkou level fighters in the SH crew alone and I don't see it. The only crew that has managed such so far is Roger's crew with him and Rei being Yonkou level.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Zoro is reaching Yonkou level by EoS(if he's ever going to get that WSS title from Mihawk). With Luffy already guaranteed that level or beyond for obvious reasons, if Oda want to structure similarly to 3 calamities or SC then Oda will have to make Sanji and Jimbei Yonkou level too and I don't see how that would happen.

While Luffy is likely to increase the gap from Zoro by EoS due to him and BB possibly reaching that level higher than the yonkou level we've come so accustomed with, Zoro himself is likely to pull from the rest of the crew too which makes complete sense.

19. Furinji Saiga The One Shadow

no I think what he meant to say is that he put alongside Sanji in terms of portrayal, they were made made a team.
    So that there is a point of comparison between the two having similiar portrayal and level.

Im with @Kishido , Jinbe if he joins can be anywhere from weaker to Sanji or stronger then Zoro, but eventually I believe he will be overtaken.

For now I see it as Luffy > Zoro > Jinbe > Sanji

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. DiscoZoro20 Ōka Shichibukai

No of course not lol. I'm just saying that Oda likely wants us to think of Jimbei as an equal to Sanji if he puts them next to each other. I can't think of any other purpose.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  21. Gledania Yeah but no.

Flag:
    Belgium
    Currently I'd Say Luffy >Jimbei =>Zoro > Sanji

After Zoro and sanji heve their first fight in wano , they will likely equal him or slightly surpass him.
    EoS , or even after wano (If he is alive tho :kobe) Luffy > Zoro > Sanji > Jimbei

22. sanji's left eye Well-Known Member

There's a legit argument for Usopp being stronger than Sanji and being part of the M3? That's some nonsensical shit you're saying. As for the other cases I have mentioned, they have all come up at times over the years, but people (maybe you as well, I don't know your posting history) always eat a shit ton of crow when Oda just reemphasizes the M3. The three of them have not even been together in over 3 arcs, and Oda has still managed to go out of his way to mention the rivalry with Zoro and Sanji at least (Sanji is hype about having a higher bounty than Zoro, and back on Zou, someone mentions Sanji doing something like 100 times and Zoro immediately says, I could do 200).

As for the theory you are espousing here, I don't think it's a horrible one. However, BB and WB do not have their crew structured in that way, so it's not ridiculous that Luffy would not either. Zoro's goal is to take down a Yonkou level opponent. He won't be far from Luffy by EoS and Sanji is never far off from Zoro. So that dynamic may not occur unless BB becomes so much stronger than every Yonkou, so Luffy as to as well.

However, my complaint was about people removing Sanji from the M3 constantly until Oda (and common sense) proves them wrong. That is not what you are saying, so I don't see how relevant that is to my post in the first place.

23. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Jinbe age is not as critical to his development as you guys seem to think. Many Strawhats are in their 30's, Brook "died" originaly at almost 40.
    Admirals were getting their ranks in their 40's 50's as well.

If Oda has Jinbe develop like the others there is nothing outlandish about it. He doesn't have to be static.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  24. sanji's left eye Well-Known Member

I kind of think that this is exactly the reason there will still be a M3 by EoS with Jinbei falling quite a bit behind. Luffy will be Yonkou level or a bit higher, Zoro will be Yonkou level, and Sanji will have to be on a similar level to continue the M3 dynamic. Sanji might cap out at Admiral level or in between Yonkou and Admiral level. Having a 4th crew member at that level is a bit much.

25. DA hawk Well-Known Member

He's stronger than sanji, I'd put him alongside Zoro for the time being.

26. Cursemark Well-Known Member

You all give Jinbe too much credit. This is the same guy that stated that he couldn't hold off the likes of High-fat, Tablet, and Poire & couldn't do a thing against Katakuri.

Zoro isn't that far away from Luffy in strength & he is easily in the league of the sweet commanders/Calamaties and Jinbe is factally not around that level. Zoro would at least put up a decent fight against Katakuri but the same could not be said of Jinbe who was not even a thought to Katakuri.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  27. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

Not a chance in hell this happens unless Jinbei gets an absolutely major powerup he can’t even beat 3rd commanders going by current feats as every single commander has required G4 to take them down and Jinbei isn’t that strong.

Also another interesting note in regards to Jinbei vs Zoro/Sanji is that the latter two already have foreshadowed powerups in the Nidai Kitetsu/Raid Suit while Jinbei we haven’t gotten any hint of a powerup for him and Zoro/Sanji are already stronger/very close to him already.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  28. Mr. Good vibes ZZZZZ

I'd say he's at least comparable to Zoro for now though this is guaranteed to change after this arc. Still I could never really understand him being compared to Sanji when Wadatsumi was pure fodder to either of them hell the only reason he didn't shit all over the new fishmen pirates was to allow Luffy to be held as the hero of fishmen island.

29. Superstars Well-Known Member

You're out Sanji.

30. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Jinbei's power up will probably be some magic water from the All Blue