1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

So many Pairing fan clubs, Yet so little love development

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Valashu, May 30, 2007.

1. Valashu Hinata and Lucy Fan

its really sad to say really, but i dont think there seriously will be any further love developments in the naruto series. At least not as far that there will really be an pair.
    I agree that there are plenty of hints towards affection or even love troughhood Naruto part 1 and part 2, the famous love from hinata towards naruto and even how faint it may be temari and shika. (Sakura towards Sasuke btw is what i call idol love, Sakura admired Sasuke by hes looks and hes cool attitude, but i dont think she still loves sasuke in part 2.)
    Anyways love has always bin a side track to the writer of naruto, u can sense that and u can see it.
    example: during the chuunin exame we could see Hinata had a crush for naruto, shes fought neji while naruto was cheering for her and naruto defeated neji, (wich she didt saw because she was unconince) but after the whole battle with Gaara there isnt any further developments. Its like the whole hina/naru thing was filler.
    In the first filler eps u could see something between them, my heart beat raised en thought FINNALY, that was untill i heard all the eps after ep 135 was filler that is :notrust
    Maybe, Hopefully now that they all are some years older there will be some more sparks, but untill what ive read so far i doubt it.

Anyone who dissagrees or even has prove that shows otherwise? welcome!

Tags:
  2. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

Naruhina sucks. I don't think you'll be seeing much romance in Naruto, at least the type that many seem to hope for. Remember this is a Shonen manga; they usually don't focus on these things, at least for a long period of time. You'll get a few mushy scenes here and there, but that's probably about it.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  3. Yu~Kun P.S.O.F.A

I agree,but you see Naruto is supposed to be a shonen manga/anime so that means that it's not supposed to concentrate on love pairings and such.However,in an interview of Kishimoto,he said that he plans on developing at least one of the hints of pairings that we've seen.:)

Oh,and your avatar ROCKS!:nuts

4. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    Pairings don't normally get resolved until the end of the series or the final few arcs. This is why the fandom is about to explode.

5. Tmb04 P-I-M-P

Kishi's plot have been steadily falling downhill in my opinion.. If a Pairing ever does happen regardless who it is, I picture it happening in the most Stupid, Corny way possible... And that could even result in the downfall of the series

6. kubik I'd like some Rukia too...

meh you propably right... or he'll let anime team do all his work

7. natwel Deux Ex Machina Lolz

That's so darn unfair, I bet kishi leaves that bit out on purpose because he knows the fans will write up the love stories for him. Well it works.

8. lollipop Active Member

Only a few romantic parts are going to happen.
    It's mostly action in it than romance........

9. Hyperactivity Member

10. Shamandalie //////////////////////////////

Naruto has many pairing possibilities because this pairing issue isn't solved. If it were, there would be half as many fanclubs around there. I don't think Kishimoto will ever declare any pairing canon, he is much to sadist for it. I think most people are happier with the occasional small hints.

And yeah, this story isn't about love. It's about damn ninjas who don't really have time for this.

Oh, and by the way, if you call Sakura's love for Sasuke 'idol love', why don't you call Hinata's love for Naruto this way, too? Your post stinks of NaruHinatardness. :amuse

11. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

Yeah, whenever I see a thread of "will x get with y", I always say the same thing. They could. They would. But they won't, because Kishi just doesn't seem to be interested in going down that road. Most shonen ends without a serious romantic development unless it was the focus most of the way (like Eureka Seven).

12. Crayons ghost

It's Shonen so the focus isn't on pairings. Yes, there's some possibility that Kishi will do fanservice to pairing tards, but about the population of FC's about pairings, it just shows how crazy the tards are over their fave pairings. Don't get me wrong; I don't hate them/the pairings. I also have some pairings that I like, and I used to be crazy about them. But now, the excitement that I have felt about those pairings are slowly fading away. Maybe because I have realized that most of the pairings will not happen after all.

13. VoodooNinja Member

well no love because this isnt a romantic manga, im sure some hints will be thrown in there but a chapter dedicated to a naruto date well i think not.

14. Coyote rainhead

The rules is that even the real pairs that love each other won't ever be shownd in real time, like Asuma and Kurenai, and like almost every pair of DBZ D:

There will be only a forward epilogue of some years in which we'll see Naruto and Hinata togheter, Sasuke and Sakura together ( I'm shouting them random, don't start bashing plz ) , etc etc and then we will see a flashback about how Sakon and Tayuya were bijuu level at smex activity DDD:

15. Kevin The Naked Poet

To the people who say no love for the rest of the manga, remember that Hinata still has to confess her feelings to Naruto, and Sakura still has to resolve her feelings with Sasuke. Both of those equal love in my book, so we will be getting some whether you guys like it or not.

On topic, I don't see much more than what I've just said. Kishi won't go out of his way to write in romance, but he will lean toward a pairing near the end of the manga and develop it toward that, so it isn't so much of a stretch if he shows a timeskip at the end where the Konoha 12 are married.

16. ViolentlyHappy is limited edition only

I'm not overly concerned about pairings anymore.

18. Shamandalie //////////////////////////////

That would be pretty bad (the characters would get together "just because"), but I found it plausible, too.

Why do they have to? I don't think this pairing issue is that important plotwise. Kishimoto doesn't show us important background information ( *cough* Hidan, Kakuzu *cough* ), and it would be... stupid if he would spend pages (instead of that) with unsolved crushes (unsolved = love or not, it's here or not, etc).

19. Kevin The Naked Poet

If Kishi wasn't planning something in the future for development of NaruHina and SasuSaku, then Hinata wouldn't blush around Naruto in Part 2 and Sakura's true feelings for Sasuke would be known already. Because Hinata still has a crush on Naruto and because NaruSaku isn't canon, there will be a time of romantic development, whether it increases NaruHina/SasuSaku or NaruSaku.

Unlike Hidan and Kakuzu, Sakura's love for Sasuke was apparent since Chapter 3, and Hinata's crush on Naruto was obvious the first time we meet her. These were pivotal points in Part 1, so it's asinine to think that he didn't have something planned for it toward the end of the manga, or else he either wouldn't have introduced the concepts at all or he would have outright stated in the beginning of Part 2 that Hinata grew out of her crush and Sakura doesn't love Sasuke any longer, neither of which is true. Kishi has already spent panels in Part 2 building up a NaruHina moment (Team 8's first reintroduction) and a SasuSaku moment (Lack of romantic interest between Naruto and Sakura as well as Sakura's lack of delving on her feelings for Sasuke.).

I'm not saying he should invest a lot of time into romance, but these two points have been there since his original concept of Naruto. It's highly unlikely that he'd just drop them like most people want.

20. Jashin-sama I AM YOUR GOD

As has been stated so many times , it's a shonen manga , and we probably won't get to see any real romance , or he might do it the Watsuki way and give us a last chapter which shows things in the future , like pairings , kids etc... or he might do a part 3 , but it doesn't seem likely

21. gabzilla Yuri Queen

Its shonen law. The less canon material the author gives, the more fanon we get.

:sag

Narusaku sucks. :sag

It even rhymes.

22. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

rhyming is good.

23. Shamandalie //////////////////////////////

I think most people doesn't want him to drop this subject, and I would like to see how these lines end up, but I don't think it holds priority. Kishimoto seems to be rushing with everything, and I don't see him dedicating pages to the (serious) development all of these pairings need. I can imagine that Sakura and Hinata may 'confess' or something (show how they feel now), but I doubt that any of the pairings would get together.
    When it comes to relationships, I think only Naruto's and Sasuke's friendship will be (truly) developed. Or solved. That's one of the main uhm "subjects" in the manga, and this has to be solved. As for the other pairings, their "unsolvement" wouldn't effect the story that much. That's what I think, at least.
    If it looked like Kishimoto plans to solve everything before the manga ends, I would say that you're right. But he has been on really weird drugs lately and he seems to be forgetting everything he has established until now. :notrust
    But whatever. If there will be anything pairingwise, I think it will be soon.

24. docterjoy :[)

I doubt there will be much love development in Naruto, since it's a shonen anime, but there is romance in the air. AsuKure is probably the most canon since she had a baby with him.

Also, there's nothing wrong with fanonizing. Mostly girls like pairings and support them. Not to mention fanfiction. Heck, my Naruto's Summer Training camp is a romantic comedy, mixed with some action and fantasy.

And Gabzilla, qft. :laugh

25. Chieri Blossom ★ SasuNaru ★ DeiTobi ★

That may sound harsh now but in all honesty:
    I could care less.

Well, because... my favorite pairing is the ultimate joker of all pairings this series has.

Sasuke and Naruto will always share and be the strongest bond in this manga, they will always have the most hints and the most emphasis, the most development, the most everything. It has always been like that and it's very unlikely that it will change in the future unless Kishi plans to include a character into the story that becomes more important to Naruto than Sasuke. Of course this can be debated, but I don't see it happening.

It doesn't matter to me if it happens openly romantically or not because it doesn't even need to happen to be satisfying. I don't and never liked it because of the "chances of happening" it has. That's a big mistake most of the western pairing fans make IMHO, they only come to like a pairing because they assume it will happen :/. I think such a way of thinking and reasoning to like a pairing is - I am sorry - pretty stupid and shallow, not to mention naive. Actually one should like a pairing because of the dynamic between two characters and the way the interact with each other, but that's another story.

So really, I don't feel like loosing a thing, even if I don't get an 8 page love confession between Sasuke and Naruto :amuse. Naruto is going to succeed in the end anyway, simply because he is the main character. A bit corny and predictable, but that's how shounen works :/.

26. Kevin The Naked Poet

Oh, I didn't mean that it would take priority, just that it would be taken note of and given some time. I also doubt any true pairings will happen until the end of the manga, but I know Kishi will show who he's leaning toward later on in the series, with a sudden (but not out of the blue) ending where pairings are revealed. I also agree that the only relationship to be 'truly' developed will be Naruto and Sasuke's. Sasuke and Sakura will get quite a bit since Sakura is a main character as well, and Hinata and Naruto will be behind that. In order of importance, I see it as SasuNaru > SasuSaku > NaruHina.

And you're right about Kishi being on some weird drugs lately. I haven't been able to predict a single thing since Naruto killed Kakuzu. :laugh

27. Birkin Banned

Simply put: Kishimoto doesn't watch these forums in hopes of ideas. It won't change at all.

28. Random Nobody Alien Fighting

Pairing FCs have nothing to do with canon.

29. RyRyMini boys don't cry

There have been hints of SasuNaru, NaruSaku and ShikaTema.

NaruHina and SasuSaku are there too, but only one member of the pairing really supports it.

30. Sky is Over Active Member