1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

So Minato had the highest Academy scores in history, not Itachi?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Final Jutsu, Apr 7, 2018.

greatest academy genius iyo?

1. Itachi

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Minato

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. Final Jutsu Best of the Best

"Minato was a very keen-minded individual, having the highest scores in the history of the Academy."

Source according to naruto.wikia.com is Itachi Shinden: Book of Bright Light.

So does this confirm Minato as the greatest genius in academy history? I'm not trying to deliberately turn this into some vs thread. My reasoning was that there is a statement of an academy teacher calling Itachi the greatest genius in academy history. Though, that was later debated when Viz released their translation and it was altered to not read as "in history". So which is the best academy student? Can someone post the statement from above that's in the Itachi Shinden so we can all see? thanks

Tags:
  2. Maverick04 Well-Known Member

“All involved assert that the academy has never before witnessed such genius.
    He completed the graduation examination four months after he commenced his
    studies, and he is scheduled to graduate in the springtime of the next year.”

One of the teachers said this to Danzo

But yes Minato did have the highest score in the written exam..But Itachi did it without cheating and we don't know how Minato went about getting a full score..And Itachi also had the shortest time at completing the Forest of death and that too without a partner

"In the first exam, he had gotten a score second only to the record holder,
    Namikaze Minato, and he had completed the second exam in the shortest time
    ever on record, even though he was alone, and not in the usual three-person
    cell. In the third exam, his opponent in the first match had defaulted, leaving him
    the win, while his performance in the second bout led officials to decide there
    was no need for him to take part in the third match."

Either way I think both have the hype to be named the greatest Academy genius

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Baroxio Unlimited Strategy Works

So Itachi's first exam scores were second only to Minato, but his second exam scores were higher even than Minato's despite not having an actual team with him. He was so good, they completely waived the third exam as being pointless.

All this, at the age of what, 8? Pretty sure Minato was quite a bit older than 8 when he took the Chunin Exam.

4. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Oro?

Hiruzen?

Or was the academy opened by Minato's time?

5. TheOmega Real Nigga

6. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

Minato graduated the academy at 10 and his chunin promotion age isn't listed.

That is a problem because there's no way Minato was held back or needed to retake the academy graduation exam. So, that means Itachi only graduated earlier because they had an accelerated curriculum due to wartime. Which makes sense because the war Minato lead Kakashi's team in would be going on at the time Itachi was an academy student based on their age difference.

So, we cant compare them directly using graduation age.

7. Maverick04 Well-Known Member

Not really..War actually ended when Itachi was just 4..You can make the war emergency case for Kakashi though

8. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

:sag Also I'd draft someone whose grad age is earlier over Minato.

:oh He gained sharingan post-academy.

Ultrafragor is not the most informed guy.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  9. 1Person Well-Known Member

A team probably slowed Minato down since he's not the kind a guy to leave someone behind or turn away when someone needs help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Snake Within cells interlinked

>Consistent
    Pick one

11. Mider T VM Rapist

Minato had the highest scores until Itachi bested him.

12. Karyu Endan Smilies = Not serious

How was Itachi allowed to participate in the Chunin Exams all by himself? The manga makes it very clear that you need to be in a team of three to even be allowed entry, and if even one teammate doesn't show up on time the rest are kicked out. This is a plot point both in the original series and in Boruto. I thought that there was only a three year gap between Itachi's Graduation and his becoming Chunin in the first place because it took him that long to find two teammates who wouldn't slow him down too much.

Also, I don't buy Itachi being promoted to Chunin without fighting in the third round. I mean, the situation itself is believable (clearing the Forest of Death single-handedly while making a new record is definitely praise-worthy...), but at the same time the Sand Siblings beat Itachi's record by several hours (and Team Kurenai would have beaten his record too if they didn't happen to run into the aforementioned Sand Siblings and decided to stay back and let them move on ahead for their own safety) and none of them made Chunin in their exam despite fighting in the third round.

As for the OP, the contradiction can be solved by just having Itachi tie Minato's score. That way, Minato's grades are still the highest in Academy history, and Itachi can still be referred to as the greatest genius in Academy history because he matched Minato's grades in a shorter amount of time.

• Neutral Neutral x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  13. DaVizWiz ║╝‎‎ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•_•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ‎‎╠╣

Kakashi graduated the academy at age 5, completed the forest of death and was promoted in the chunin exams at age 6.

Itachi didn't become a chunin until age 10, four years after his academy graduation.

Minato didn't graduate the academy until age 10, his progression was the slowest.

As great as Itachi and Minato are, grades mean nothing compared to a shinobi who progressed that quickly through all initial barriers. The supervising shinobi knows more about a ninja's quality than grades could ever hope to discern, and Kakashi influenced them to promote him into notable positions of power and responsibility 4 years removed from being a toddler.

Ridiculous that a 6 year old can even mold chakra, let alone become an above average field ninja (chunin) who has combat command of other ninja (other genin/chunin) in life and death situations.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  14. Milliardo G.L.P.

Kakashi looked a lot older than 6 in the Obito flashback while taking the Chunin exams. I still believe Kishimoto retconned that shit until proven otherwise.

15. Hussain Well-Known Member

> people taken those random numbers seriously
    > :kobeha

16. pdmt243 Active Member

well, some people still think rank means something in Naruto :gabe

17. The_Conqueror Well-Known Member

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, , Germany, France, , Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, , Poland
    Minato soloed Itachi in his own novel :zaru

18. PikaCheeka Well-Known Member

I always found that hard to believe, too. Half the timeline was a retcon.

19. DeadSpark Member

wait, wasnt minato some snow flake according to kushna or some shit in the acadamy? :catthinks

21. Doc Mindstorm Walking In The Air

Novel reality...:scust

22. Sage light Well-Known Member

Itachi had hiruzens intelligence in age 7 - Hiruzen. And hiruzen is called the strongest and intelligennt most hokage.

23. JuicyG Well-Known Member

Sorry but your post reeks of bias towards Itachi..

Firstly you do admit that Minato has the highest scores in the academy history, but then water it down saying Itachi did it without cheating, implying that Minato might have cheated, despite zero reason to think so.

If you want to run the route, I can just say that we dont know how weak Itachi's competition was in the 2nd portion of the exam, catch my drift...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  24. Sage light Well-Known Member

He doesnt have power to pull it off on his own

25. JuicyG Well-Known Member

I really wonder if the NBD community actually takes you seriously...might be worth doing a poll soon lmao
    :bookerskully

26. Sage light Well-Known Member

Sorry if it offended you

27. JuicyG Well-Known Member

Lol I'll play this game with you a little longer, nothing better to do at the moment

So enlighten me, she me the scan that says Minato cheated on his exam, dont worry I'll wait

28. Buuhan Hokage of the Six Paths

29. Sage light Well-Known Member

Minato couldnt complete test in a better time than Itachi. Shinden confirm Itachi was the only one who ignored copying due to, his brainy intellect

30. Deana Well-Known Member

Omg, i knew those two were ninja nerds. Does Steve Urkel have the number three spot at the ninja academy?