1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

So she still *likes* him...[282]

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Sho, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sho

Wondering why no one's even talked about this yet. :huh

We found out in this chapter that Hinata still likes Naruto considering her reaction and what she said to herself:

(Thanks to Nihongaeri)

My trans:
    Hinata: W-What should I do? I'm not even ready...I haven't seen him for nearly three years...(should I) go talk to him?...um...um...

So, according to some people, because the databook said that Hinata has only "admiration" for Naruto, there's no hint of actual romantic feelings involved on her part. Yet this chapter, from what I've seen, contradicts that completely. Why would she need to "be ready"? Not to mention faint when she sees him?

There's also potential for interaction progression between Naruto and Hinata (as well as Team 8, Sai, Naruto, and Sakura). This would be the first time they work together. Team 8's may have a role in arc. Will anything happen?

Or maybe nothing will happen because the databook will somehow turn out to be right and this will only be a case of extreme "admiration".

What do you think?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Rattan

Almost looks like her chest got bigger to.

3. FitzChivalry

Her infatuation for him hasn't ceased, it seems. Too bad it's shy ones like her that get completely heart broken in the end. Unless she confesses to the obliviousness that is Naruto.

If she won't confess, she'll get her broken, that's a given, IMO. If that happens then she'll have Neji to pick up the pieces.:oh

4. KuwabaraTheMan

Yeah, of course she still likes him. I'm looking forward to some good NaruHina stuff during this arc.

5. Nico

Hinata will always seem to have feelings for Naruto.

6. Chillin

This is one of those things she has to overcome. As light-hearted as their interaction is it's a pretty deep feeling she has to get across which is probably why she is so hesitant.

7. dylec

Geez, I hope you aren't persuaded the many many others who have mentioned this for countless times since the raw appeared yesterday. :D

Anyway, I before the time skip, I always thought Hinata had a big crush on Naruto, with little romance involved. But now, 2.5 years later, I guess that crush grows into something more. Heh, she faints upon seeing him. How cute! :amuse

8. Artuir

I *really* want to see those two hook up. I'd be so happy :D

9. BushidoPunk

Simple: she's probably in love with him, but is just pussy-footing around the word or thought about loving him. That's as simple as it gets. Its the same as those fangirls who like the those boy bands who scream and faint when they come into sight. Except, Hinata's admiration and love for Naruto has lasted longer than any of those boy bands.

10. Fox_Retainer

11. Razgriez

Im thinking yeah team 8 is going to help team 7 and theres going to to be probably some contradiction between Sakura and Hinata concerning Naruto. If Naruto ultimately chooses Hinata its probably going to be coming up soon.

12. BushidoPunk

Like Chlillin, and what I sort of said, Hinata is struggling with these feelings because she probably has never felt like this before. I know I was a little like this when I fell in love for the first time. Trying to tell someone how you really feel is a hard thing to do and if not done properly, it can mess up a possible relationship.

13. FitzChivalry

If you desire it badly enough, you should be willing to take the risk. Obviously Hinata still has strong feelings for Naruto, and it also seems that Sakura's developed some feelings for him, too. Only Sakura has, had, and will have the advantage because Naruto more-than likes her.

14. Fox_Retainer

It won't be instant love, but it will take a gradual path to there. I doubt there is any contradiction between Sakura and Hinata, 'cause Sakura still likes and possibly even loves Sasuke.

Well put BP!

15. Rattan

It'd be nice if they took a step forward on the subject. The oncoming arc would probably be a good setting for Hinata to get some guts to let Naruto know he likes her. Or step closer to her doing that at the very least.

Ahh shipping. So fun to speculate.

16. FFLN

Well, one can obviously say now that the Naruto x Hinata shippers will certainly be getting a whole lot more canon material pointing towards it rather than having the NaruSaku bullies slap it out of our hands just to make us cry.:crying :p

If Naruto does end up going on the mission and Sai tags along too... hehe, that'll be quite the number of awkward situations for them.:p On the one hand Naruto x Sakura, on the other Naruto x Hinata, and Naruto x Sai from behind. Wow.:smile-big It'll be interesting if a Sai x Sakura connection starts though.:p Competition and jealousy then.:xp Naruto will become jealous of Sai because of the attention Sakura gives him and Hinata would become jealous of Sakura because she holds a bit more of Naruto's attention than Hinata does.

Woohoo! Let the romance begin!!!

17. rageinfectedmonkey

I doubt Naruto will notice until either she confesses or Kiba finally cracks and yells :" YOU DUMB SHIT! She acts like that because she LIKES you! God!"
    But Naruto 'likes' Sakura and is too busy lust-Er, looking for Sasuke. So I doubt it with go anyehere.

18. NarutoUzumaki

I thought it was obvious that she loved him just that he hadn't acknowleged her yet (not to say he doesn't like her)

19. Marsala

Poor Hinata. Three years and she hasn't made any progress in dealing with Naruto at all. In fact, she's gotten worse. Last time she only fainted because she saw him in bandages. Right now her crush on Naruto is more of a hindrance than a help to her, much like Sakura's on Sasuke.

20. shinda

Now that you guys mention it, this situation reminds of what was written in the databook, "Hinata, always feeling the same towards Naruto. Will the day come when she can face him directly?" I've always wondered what that sentence meant (if it had deeper meaning), and it may be connected to this.

Like you've said though, the databook states she "admires" Naruto. It could go either way. I personally think she has developed romantic feelings for him, but he still doesn't see her has anything more than a friend. If they're both featured in the next arc, we'll have a more definite answer, I think.

21. NarutoUzumaki

I think she fainted because she hadn't seen hime in 2.5 years and her feelings

22. Razgriez

I know it wont be instant love. I highly doubt it will just pop up straight into Sakura's head and she will be clinging ontoNaruto trying to kick Hinata's butt. I think it would take more of a inner notice. Afterall, it has shown Sakura doesnt know that Hinata is head over heels for Naruto yet.
    I doubt it will get violent, just something that will give Sakura a realization trying to understand what Hinata sees in Naruto. Its all rather confusing which I like. This arch will just add to the confusion.

Heres one thing I wanna point out between the pairs. In all honesty the way Sakura treated Naruto she simply does not deserve him no matter how much Naruto would protest. Hinata actually deserves to be with Naruto even more at the moment. The thing is Naru/Hina doesn't make such a great story compared to Naru/Saku.

Naru/Hina also kind of ruins half of whats about to unfold. Theres going to be the next time Naruto and Sakura run into Sasuke. If Naruto is hooked up with Hinata it won't make the confration as interesting. If something has been developing between Naruto and Sakura things will become even more tense.

Another thing I want to pint something out is since when as anything been easily obtainable for Naruto. If he hooks up with Hinata there will be very little conflicting scenes other then involving Hinata and her clan. Frankly we could have that easily done along with the Naru/Saku if Hinata hooks up with Kiba. Anyways, things will be easier along the way if he finally made the desicion. Again this goes back to dealing with Sasuke. It won't be quite as hard to deal with knowing that he doesn't have as strong affections for Sakura. Sakura in turn wouldn't be having a mental break down over Naruto or Sasuke either.

Naru/Saku has far more to offer in making the story more spicey in interesting compared to Naru/Hina. That pairing I believe would dull the experience of the series a bit and really make the important stuff not as important. It would be good however to have conflicting interest between the 2. Having Sakura find out Hinata liking Naruto would really open some doors. Hinata would also may get a bit jealous with the way Naruto keeps on acting around Sakura.

I think thats enough rambling for now. You get the point I think or I hope. I kind of confused myself in the process as well so if you are like WTF I wont hold it against you.

23. NarutoUzumaki

Basically everyone knows that she likes him and she is jealous that he always hangs with sakura

24. HolyHands

You make some good points, but I personally don't think that NaruHina will detract from the series or take away any interest. Even if Naruto and Hinata did get together, it doesn't change the fact that the most important relationship at this time is the one between Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke. From what I can see, your concern is that Hinata would upstage Sakura in someway, or take away from the Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke conflict by shoving herself into the equation, which I don't think will happen. Hinata has always, and will always be a side character. Whatever happens with her will take backseat to the central conflicts of the series overall. I guarantee you that when Sasuke comes back, any and all importance with the side characters will immediately be put on the sideline, even if those characters are together with one of the mains.

Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be mean or insulting, just posting my personal opinion of the points you brought up. :amuse

25. Lord Of Reapers

Naruto is just too hard to let go so shell always like him

26. Razgriez

Uhh.. Not exactly. Kiba seems pretty oblivous to it. Shino probably knows since hes good at reading people.

Sakura doesn't exactly know since well, she never really noticed these things, and was too focused on Sasuke.

Theres really no indication that everyone knows shes head over heels for Naruto cept for some people who are around her, but never really confront her about it. I havent seen her jealous of Sakura either really.

I have noticed this too. Personally I wouldnt lose interest in the series but it would ruin a bit for me. Id continue to watch. I doubt Kishimoto would shove Hinata into the equation at this time. I just dont see how it could work unless Sasuke kidnaps her for whatever reason(it would be rather stupid).
    I have also believed that Naru/Hina is just nothing more then a massive popular thing for whatever reason and thats the only real credit the pairing gets. Why would Kishimoto after putting so much work into Naruto and Sakura simply trash all that what has been happening lately and have Hinata who we don't know as much about and simply is just a side character and throw her into something and kind of make the story a bit bland?

27. TenshiOni

Bring on teh NaruHina! :dance :dance :dance :wOOt

28. shinda

Sakura did acknowledge that Hinata had some interest in Naruto, whether it be romantic or not. It's pretty obvious she feels something for him, but we still need to find out -for certain- what that feeling is. =D

29. HolyHands

One of the reasons why NaruHina is so popular is not just because it's "cute", but also because it's one of the few pairings that have got any real hints(however small they are). Not to mention it has some potential.

The interaction between Naruto and Sakura wouldn't be wasted if Naruto went to Hinata. Naruto and Sakura could end up loving each other, but they could also be like brother and sister. Or if Sakura went to Sasuke, the interaction between her and Naruto wouldn't be wasted, she and Naruto can still "love" each other in their own way. Remember that Naruto and Sakura are pretty much siblings now. No matter who it is they love in the end, they will always be the closest of friends.

30. NarutoUzumaki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.