1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

So Troublesome - ShikaTem *Chapter 1 Up!*

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by Xan-Nella, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Xan-Nella

So Troublesome - ShikaTem - PG-13 :p *Chapter 1 Up!*

So Troublesome by Alixen/Xan-Nella

Summary- An AU world were Akatsuki were defeated quickly, Sasuke returned to Konoha and quickly rose to Jounin, and Gaara is alive.

Shikamaru is an ordinary Jounin Genius, living in an ordinary apartment, living an ordinary ninja life, in an ordinary peace time environment - Enter one extra-ordinary woman on a mission to catch him - Temari of the Sand.

----
    ----

"How Troublesome.??

Shikamaru groaned the last word in an almost pained voice, with much more energy than he could usually muster at the worst of times.

Then again it wasn?t every day that you awoke from your first time making love with your arms still tied to the headboard of your bed, still completely naked, and your partner gone, with a sticky note attached to your most inappropriate of places.

Shika-Kun

Be back later, sorry I couldn?t stay but Hokage-Sama wanted to see me.
    I couldn?t bear to disturb you, you look so adorable asleep and at my mercy.
    Don?t go anywhere before I get back.

Temari of the Sand

He sighed at his predicament, she hadn?t even left the duvet on the bed, it was currently on the floor beyond the reach of his only free limbs, his feet.

Unluckily for him he had slept through the class in the academy that would have helped him in his current situation, Iruka had taken them through the effective ways of escaping when tied up.
    It was fairly humiliating that he was unable to escape, no matter how much he struggled, from hastily tied bonds that were forged in the heat of passion.

?Or,? Shikamaru thought grumpily ?Temari is too good at tying people up for my own good.?

Sighing once again, and muttering his trademark fraze, Shikamaru settled back and got himself as comfy as possible, he wasn?t going anywhere unless these ropes suddenly decided to evaporate.

It was a good job he had nothing to do that day, since he had no team and there were very few jobs for a lone Jounin to take by themselves, plus it was a good excuse to be even more lazy than usual.

Closing his eyes, Shikamaru lazily started to reflect on the wonderful night before and how it had come to be.

----
    Previously?
    ----

Shikamaru lay back on the sweet smelling grass with his eyes closed, dozing in the midday sun, idly listening to Naruto and Kiba loudly bragging about their latest missions.

It wasn?t unusual for the latest generation of Konoha Nin?s to meet up and spend time together, they had all been through so much together that they were all connected to each other through different times and ways.

Things changed with time though, most of the group had a significant other, Naruto and Hinata were together, Sakura had finally caught her Sasuke, Tenten had claimed Neji, even Lee and Ino were in relationships, though he had never met their partners.

Chouji also had a girlfriend Shikamaru had found out a few hours ago, a pretty brunette girl by the name of Asuna.
    Apparently she was a cook at her fathers restaurant, after Chouji had eaten there he had insisted on thanking the chef of such wonderful food, they had met and quickly hit it off.

But nothing had changed for Shikamaru, and that was the way he liked it.
    Yup.
    Definatly.
    Well, okay, so maybe he ?had? noticed his life was getting a little monotonous, going to work, coming home, sleeping, rinse and repeat with the odd sprinkling of cloud watching.

Before long the sun had started setting and Shikamaru decided that he had best swap the grass for his bed, the genius that he was, and snuck away while everyone was chatting, slowing long enough to throw a quick wave at Chouji.

After leaving the park he slowly shuffled towards his home, down the darkened street of the Hidden Leaf village, there were very few people around.
    To get back to his own place, Shikamaru had to pass his parents house, he gave it his usual bored look, but it held a hint of sadness, that time of his life was over, his days as a carefree child were over, at only twelve he had graduated the ninja academy and had become a full adult in the eyes of the village.
    Now at seventeen he had his own place and life, and should have been starting the family that was part of his ideal view of his life.

It was weird how things turned out, life had been so exiting only a few short years before, and Shikamaru had wished it would calm and go back to how it used to be.
    But now it had, he missed the meaning he had felt in life, lazy but dependable Shikamaru and his battle winning strategies had been replaced with Lazy Shikamaru the average Jounin.

That was what he had wanted, an ordinary life, wasn?t it?
    Of course it was! He had enough money to retire when he felt like it, he had his own home, he had friends.
    It just wasn?t as nice a life as he had been expecting, he felt as if he were simply existing, not truly living at all.

?Troublesome?? he sighed under his breath.

By now night had fully fallen, and at his slow pace he still had half the village to walk, looking up with his hands in his pockets he let his eyes take in the sky.
    The clear star filled sky twinkled down at him, its beauty breathtaking, it looked almost like if he jumped he would sink into the sky like it was water.
    It had always been his refuge, whenever he had wanted to escape the clouds and stars had always answered.
    But tonight, despite the beauty, he was acutely aware of just how alone he was in the dark town.

Gradually he slowed down to a stop, looking down the street to were his home waited for him.
    Alone. Empty. Just like he was feeling.
    Slowly a scowl worked its way onto his face, and he came to a decision.
    Turning around he set off for the only destination that he felt could give him peace of mind that night.
    The local Sake bar.

--

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Xan-Nella

Shikamaru giggled, not laughed, not chuckled, he did the one most unmanly and unnatural thing anyone who knew him could say he would never do.
    Shikamaru Nara giggled.
    He had lost count of how much Sake he had drank, he knew his money pouch was quite a bit lighter than it had been when he arrived, but he had lost count of the many little dishes he had emptied.
    But he knew the world was suddenly incredibly funny.

The funniest part were his drinking partners who had sat down just a few minutes ago, not only was Tsunade sat next to him, the Hokage, but a few minutes later Jiraiya had sat next to her, the last two living Sannin of the original three were both trying to get just as drunk as he already was.
    Though both of them were looking at him fairly strangely since he had giggled.

?So? Shikamaru? what?s the occasion?? Tsunade looked at him with a raised eyebrow, she wasn?t used to seeing her best strategist, who had quickly and calmly concocted a plan to repel the Sounds attack a few years ago and defeat their leader Orochimaru, sitting at a bar, let alone as drop down drunk as Shikamaru was now.

The teen looked at her with hazy eyes ?Well, not like I?m going to intrude anyone when I get home, so thought I might have a little fun for once.?

Jiraiya grunted slightly as he lowered his now empty cup of sake ?little young for that sort of regret aren?t you? that?s our job, we?ve had a nice long time to make plenty of regretful mistakes.?

?Ah come on,? Now, you have to remember Shikamaru was roughly several cups of sake past the time he was still able to think clearly and be careful of what he said ?Everyone in Konoha knows you two want each other, just get it over with already.?

Less than a second later he idly realised that no one was replying to him, he gazed from his fresh cup to his two drinking partners.
    Tsunade looked half way between a blush and a snarl, and Jiraiya had an almost Naruto-esque look of thoughtfulness on his face.

?WHY YOU LITTLE?!? Tsunade had stood up and seemed to be about to pounce, Jiraiya reached for her shoulder to try and calm her.

?Now, Now Tsunade, the boy is very Dru-*Oomph*!? Before Jiraiya?s hand had touched her she had wobbly spun around to face him, wrapped her hands round his head, and fastened her lips to his in a deep kiss.

Shikamaru snickered as he released the shadow bind, it was like a live comedy act!
    After a few minutes it occurred to him that he may not have made the best move for his health, because even though they were certainly enjoying their tongue battle, when it was over Tsunade in her embarrassment may decide to take it out on Shika himself.

So wobbly he climbed to his feet, idly noticing the ground had turned to jelly since he had arrived, so while the two Nin?s were ?busy? he started stumbling his way home.

--

The next morning Shikamaru opened his eyes and slowly assessed how he felt physically, but aside from his mouth feeling dry he felt none of the pain he had heard a hangover caused.
    That was, until someone knocked on his door, causing him to leap up in surprise and slam his head on a shelf in the clothes cabinet he must have fallen into the night before.

Gingerly rubbing the top of his head with a scowl, he made his way to his front door, still in his scrunched up Jounin outfit from the night before.

Through the frosted glass that served as a window for his door Shikamaru saw what seemed to be a mass of blonde pressing against the glass.
    Smirking he walked to the door, opening it and stepping aside at the same time.

As he expected, Naruto fell through the doorway now that his weight had no support, Shikamaru felt he had got at least some revenge for his head at the sight of Naruto sprawled on his floor.

?Shikamaru!? the blond energy ball jumped up quickly, his usual grin stretched across his face ?the Old Lady wants to see, you, I think she has a mission for you.?

Suddenly the night before flashed through Shikamaru head, his smirk suddenly dropping from his face ?Uh, did she seem, I don?t know, happy??

?Yea, actually she looked like she usually does when she thinks she can win a bet? Naruto scratched his neck lightly as he thought ?She was smirking really creepily.?

Gut tightening Shikamaru knew he was about to die. ?Oh.?

?Later Shikamaru! I gotta date with Hinata!? with a lazy wave to the blonde that was already half way down the street Shikamaru groaned lightly under his breath, he really was going to die.

Turning to his bedroom again to get dressed in a fresh outfit, might as well look decent when he died, he muttered one last thing under his breath.

?Troublesome??

--

Scowling darkly as he walked, Shikamaru slowly made his way down the hall towards the Hokage?s office.

He tried making the journey as slow as possible, walking all the way, praying that he would see someone especially troublesome that would try and talk to him, hen he could excuse lateness.

Everyone looked so cheerful, he was walking to his death and everyone looked cheerful?
    Sure, they had no idea what was about to happen to him, but did they all have to be so damn chipper?

As he approached her office he gulped lightly, the door was closed but horrible images of the Hokage and Jiraiya waiting for him with Kunai and other sharp objects kept flashing through his head.

As he reached the hardwood door it suddenly felt waaaay too thin, a thin trickle of sweat ran down his neck as he raised a trembling hand to the door.
    After hesitation for a little while, gaining a few sympathetic looks from passing Nin?s who knew what it was like to be on Tsunade?s bad books, he rapped three times on the door.

?Come in Shikamaru.? Came the Hokage?s voice filtering through the door, it was so overly sweet Shikamaru winced.
    He had no choice but to enter anyway.

As he stepping into the room he looked wearily at Tsunade, who looked ?too? pleasant, she was planning something, he was sure of it.

?Shikamaru! Have a seat, I have a mission for you, we cant be long, it starts in a few minutes.? the Hokage was grinning like the cat that caught the mouse, and it was worrying Shikamaru.

As he sat down he made sure to check the chair for traps, and quickly gave the Hokage his undivided attention again, he didn?t want to be distracted by a chair.

?Well, as you know, relations with the Sand are going extremely well, and mostly because of the favourable terms the Kazekage and his siblings are on with Naruto Uzumaki, yourself and some of our other Ninja.? Tsunade?s grin grew even more.

Shikamaru suddenly had a very bad feeling.

?So well in fact, that Kazekage-San is coming to take a vacation in our village, some rest and relaxation among his friends.? If the grin grew anymore, Tsunade?s face would have probably split ?So, you see, while he is here we are going to have to keep his siblings who are also coming along happy.?

No, she wouldn?t, the Hokage couldn?t be that cruel to him. She couldn?t.

?Sooo, your mission is to keep Temari of the Sand entertained, as long as they all leave happy relations should stay as friendly as they are now.? Shikamaru seemed to be having trouble breathing ?You and her seem to get along rather well, that is why I chose you for this mission?

Shikamaru eyes widened in terror, every time she visited she made it her goal in life to make him confused, worried, annoyed, and rushed all at once, she was constantly in his mind until he thought he would go crazy.
    It wasn?t that he didn?t like the woman, but she was so troublesome!
    When she was around he never had a moments peace, he could also never place his feeling for her, or rather he could but refused to accept them for what they were, because accepting that you had feelings for Temari of the Sand would be nothing but troublesome.

?H-hai Hokage-sama? Shikamaru slowly pulled himself out of his chair, gathering himself again, and quickly walked out of the office.

?You meet them at the main gate in five minutes!? he heard her yell gleefully, Shikamaru cursed under his breath, he would have to go fast.

--

Leaping from rooftop to rooftop Shikamaru cursed the Hokage for a hundredth time, this was definitely her revenge for the night before.

He was so lost in his thoughts he misjudged a rooftop, almost twisting his ankle, nothing that would slow him down but it still caused him to wince.

This was overkill, all he had done was get them to kiss, was that worth who knows how long stuck with Temari teasing and mentally torturing him?

It was hard enough to be around her when he wasn?t acutely lonely and desperate for companionship.
    This was going to kill him, or she would.

Before long the gate came into view, but he couldn?t make anyone out waiting, so it seemed he was on time.

Opting to walk the rest of the way he shoved his hands in his pockets and slumped down into his usual stance.

Were where they? The only people in sight were the gate guards.

Then Shikamaru felt a hand land on his shoulder, making him jump.

?Well, Shikamaru, my usual guide here to greet me a little late?? Temari of the hand grinned at him as he turned around ?Gaara and Kankuro have already gone with Naruto, so it?s just you and me.?

---
    End of Chapter 1
    ---

Heh, just like the rest of my fics, don?t be expecting a new chapter quickly ^_~

The rest of my, mostly incomplete, stuff can be found on Fanfiction.net under Alixen :smile-big

3. Cornuthaum

Quite funny, and borderline NC-17 - but the start was priceless, Shikamaru being all tied up and "notified" of Temari's absence ... *giggles madly*

4. morjonse

Shikamaru/Temari are my favorite couple :)
    i hope you update really soon :)

5. Lackey_H

morjonse: I look at your sig there, and i have such a hard time resisting the urge to post all sorts of links to every pairing involving Temari which isn't ShikaTem.

XD

Anyway, now... the fic. Hum hum. I won't properly review until i see a bit more, but initial response is 'okay' ~ and here's the breakdown of that 'okay'.

Current Status:
    Gaining points for: good grammar and spelling, as well a pacign that seems nice and stable.

Loosing points for: tired plot device (Character X has to look after Character Y whilst they're in town).

Bonus points for: Leaving Shikamaru Tied up like that at the start XD

6. Xan-Nella

Thanks guys

Loosing points for: tired plot device (Character X has to look after Character Y whilst they're in town).

Thats just Tsunade's Revenge ;)

The plot will progress past that very quickly, simply a reason for them to be in close quaters for a lil while.

7. komrade_smith

A good start, but i'd have to see a little more before making a total judgement. I liked what I saw though. I would agree that the 'sand coming to visit' premise is a little cliche'd (I doubt that the Kazakage would be allowed to just take a holiday out of the blue) but I don't think that anyones gonna mind, because the rest of it was really quite good. The section in the sake bar is classic XD.
    Pacing was good, although i'm not a great fan of the sort of 'flashback' start, but thats just me.
    Nice work :thumbs

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  8. Xan-Nella

Heh, if Garra wanted a break... Who is gunna say 'No, your not allowed?' :p

9. G. Hawke

Considering the serious lack of TemaShika fics this is heaven sent.
    An a very witty one at that.

*Giggles madly* :sweat

Cheers. :beer

10. Remy LeBeau

Update soon ..

11. Shen

Shikaxtema are one of my fav couple,
    Hope ya update soon.

12. NaraShikamaru

Dude i need to see a new chapter of that fanfic! It was awesome! First time i was intersted in reading a fanfic in awhile

13. K'

14. Maverick

I loved it. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. ^^

15. Sogeking

16. Temari#1 Fan

Awesome story.Looking forward to next chapter!

17. Velvet

18. guro

19. Grimmjow

20. FoxSpirit

Umm... this is definitely in the wrong section, but it's a pretty nice story.

21. Red Sands

22. Vangelis