1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

So... what about the sharingan?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Hatake_Sakumo, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Hatake_Sakumo New Member

I am sure you all know where that "itachi is gettint blind" came from, so my question is whether the sharingan damages its user or not? Because I never interpreted literally that "How bad has your eyesight got?" (or something like that).

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, since it has been quite a long time ago since then :p

Tags:
  2. finalstand New Member

in my opion sharingan doesnt make ur eyes go bad..... it seem so cause itachi use it alot which give too much strain on them.
    if u play game alot frequent and such ur eyes would be "blind" too

3. Hatake_Sakumo New Member

Couldn't it be that when kakashi asked that, he was really referring to itachi's understanding of his words? You know, I think that Itachi was schocked because Kakshi showed him his mange, not because he had found a supossed weakness...

4. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

the truth is Itachi is a chronic masturbator...Kakashi used the Sharingan to deduce this fact (possibly by spotting stains on his garment with the eye of insight) and subsequently asked him "how bad has your eyesight gotten?"

5. Shisui is dead

Kakashi meant what he said quite literally. Itachi is going blind from using the mangekyou.

- It's the reason why he's got his sharingan active 24/7
    - It's the reason why he couldn't give a good description of Naruto's appearance
    - It's the reason why (my guess) that he joined up with Akatsuki, to find a way to heal his eyes
    - KAKASHI DIDN'T SHOW ITACHI HIS MANGEKYOU SHARINGAN

6. *uzumaki-naruto* HGIVREKKTRETOHOWERBI

lol so he joined akatsuki to solve his blindness :p

7. finalstand New Member

y cant he just shut it off for awhile
    sasuke can even after he get his 3 tomoe
    if he does i dont think he will need to find healing techq
    but if he cant can someone tell me y XD

8. Hatake_Sakumo New Member

Are you sure about this? Remember how shocked he was, and we are talking about the person who just blinked when kakashi talked about akatsuki when nobody had to know about its existence.

9. finalstand New Member

i am pretty sure kakashi did not have the eye at the point
    otherwise he would use it when itachi use his then he wouldnt be a vegetable for couple of weeks

10. SeishiroSakura New Member

Prolly not many eye-doctors in the Narutoverse :p...

Plus I doubt that Itachi didnt give a description of Naruto's appearance because of his bad eyesight... I always thought he didn't want to let some other guy "take his job"... It does make sense though...

11. "ZOMG! My eyesight is so bad, I'll just join Akatsuki because they are opticians!"

12. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

Yes. Well, he definitely didn't show him. We would have seen it. It does not mean that Itachi didn't make an "educated guess" though.

13. Hatake_Sakumo New Member

Perhaps Kishi wanted to surprise us all using it against deidara, perhaps that was not the proper moment :p

14. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

its not that they are optometrist's, but rather that Akatsuki has an excellent benefits package including 401k and full medical, dental and optical coverage.

15. CrystalCypher Custom User Title

All provided by Kakuzu, obviously.

16. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

Kakashi implied that he had MS, by saying that he knows it detoriates eyesight (ITS NOT SHARINGAN THAT DOES THIS, ITS NOT OPENING MS, ITS USING MS). So Itachi is like, HOW DO YOU KNOW, OMG ARE YOU.. ZOMG NO WAI, GO DIE!

17. Shisui is dead

Kakashi didn't even have his sharingan open when he made the statement about his eyesight. Not to mention it follows from his previous line "On top of requiring a huge amount of chakra, use of that 'eye' carries with it some kind of massive risk, doesn't it?" Whereas "Hey! Can't you tell I got MS too?" doesn't follow from that at all. I'm cool with FrostXian's explanation too though.

I think this is one of the more obvious revelations in the manga; it's just been overanalyzed to the point of absurdity.

18. Hatake_Sakumo New Member

If I remember well, Kakashi makes the movement to show his sharingan (sorry if i dont explain better, i am spanish XD), you know what i mean. I think he shows itachi his sharingan, but "off-screen".
    It has been along time since i ve last senn it, but i'm gonna download the chapter...

19. Shishi-O Oda Is God

actually from my perspective, kakashi asks that question as a " are you frikkin' stupid? you tsukiyomied my sharingan!! of course i have ms."

you know as sarcasm, how bad has your eyesight gotten? then he reveals his sharingan, a sort of "well i'm not uchiha...but i still have a sharingan dumbass! of course i copied it"

20. Sterling Archer Formerly @MasterHiko

i dont beleive it actually DAMAGES his eye. im assuming that he means that SHARINGAN deteriorates by using it since its such hax, not the eye itself. plus im pretty sure itachi can turn his sharingan off (he did after he MS'd Sasuke and Amate-wtfever at the hotel) so its not ALWAYS on unless he chooses to. he's just always drawn with it because thats his ominous character. he doesnt speak much and has a introverted personality so it gives him the character needed to exude the power he has because he will never say or show it in his monologue or non-fighting actions. thats pretty text book in creating characters (was a writer).....either that or his doing the typical walking with your balls out w/out having to say so.

21. Zer0_UchiHa Member

well i cant wait for the day when itachi enters the manga again and can see everyone and everything perfectly, then we will get an end to itachi is blind statements.

yes im an itachi fan, but honestly, it doesnt show anywhere in the manga that he is blind. my eyes are geting worse as i get older, 5 years ago i never had to wear glasses even though my eyesight wasnt the best. 10 years ago i dont even remember having a problem with my sight at all. but here it is today in the present, and i have to wear glasses while i drive :mad: :p

i will not be going blind, but my eyes have detereorated to the point where i need glasses to drive. itachi might also be in the same boat. he uses MS and it makes his eyesight worse, if he stops using MS he might not go blind, if he keeps using MS he may go blind.

we still need kishi to explain it further, also note that kakashi was talking to a clone, so it could have also lead to kakashi's statement, maybe kakashi thoght that cause itachi clone couldnt do MS, that MS somehow has a risk that makes u go blind if u use it. who knows, only kishi at the moment does.

22. Sho Active Member

The regular Sharingan doesn't appear to have any drawbacks. That's only the MS.

Itachi said to Kakashi "you couldn't have.." because it was then that he realized that Kakashi had the MS as well.

23. Sai_What Custome title? How troublesome

Kakaski didn't show him the MS, but its confusing because Itachi says something like "Oh, Kakashi, you didn't" (OK, my wording is a bit off). He must have been signalling or something...?