1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

So...what happens after Wano?

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by MYJC, Sep 16, 2018 at 1:33 PM.

1. MYJC Cunning Linguist

Wano will probably be a long arc, so maybe this is premature, but where does the story go after that?

Oda (whether you believe him or not) said the series is 80% done so I'm guessing he's only planning a couple more arcs after Wano. Here are all the lingering plot points I can think of -

• Elbaf? Usopp's been talking about going there forever, would be disappointing if it didn't happen. Will there be a whole arc there? Dunno.
    • Big Mom? She's still after Luffy. Though this might be resolved in Wano.
    • The Final Road Poneglyph? Location unknown.
    • Luffy destroying Fishman Island? Seems prophesied to happen sooner or later.
    • Vegapunk? We've been waiting forever for him to show up, it has to happen sooner or later. Would also be nice if he explained Kuma's backstory and why he let the govt turn him into a robot.
    • Fallout from the Reverie?
    • Whatever is at the end of the Grandline? Apparently it's not Raftel, but something else.
    • And then of course there's the EOS stuff, ie. Void Century, Will of D, Raftel, what One Piece is, etc.

So after Wano I'm thinking -

Elbaf: I'm thinking Elbaf will be in some kind of conflict with the WG (who is exploiting them somehow to get more giant Marines). Vegapunk will be involved and we'll finally meet him.

End of the Grandline: Straw Hats find whatever Neko/Inu said was at the end of the Grand Line. At that point they may have to backtrack (if they still don't have the final Road Ponelyph) and may also go back to Fishman Island.

Raftel: Once they get the Final Road Poneglyph and chart a course there. Most likely the Blackbeard Pirates get involved and we have a full-on Luffy vs. Blackbeard fight.

Final War: The final war Whitebeard said was coming. Most likely it'll be Revolutionaries on one side, and the World Govt on the other side, with pirates doing what they want.

Tags:
  2. Yin Yin Within Yin God, Maka Albarn / Soul Eater

Germany, Japan, Mexico
    I'd love to see a return of either Blackbeard using both of his devil fruits or at least see Shanks being a badass once more. I quite enjoyed Teach's fight afainst Ace.
    :kannawoah

3. Zeta42 Hentai

We are currenty in the "vs. four Emperors" saga, so I guess Straw Hats will go after Shanks next. I think that's also when they'll start accomplishing their dreams one after another. Zoro will defeat Mihawk, Chopper will invent his panacea etc.

4. Edward Teach Well-Known Member

After Wano, the real enemy is going to start making its move, the marines. they will start invading pirates one by one, leaving the world with, Luffy/shanks/teach on one side, the rest of the pirates of the world on the other side vs the marines getting manhandled on a crusade led by Akainu.

some time after, everyone falls under Luffy and they engage the marines. trying to save "freedom". Teach surprises everyone. Shanks tries to stop him, he dies.

then it's Luffy vs Teach vs the marines somehow.

5. Kishido MVP

I wonder what's in elbaf if kaidou's fall needs to happen before then.

7. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

After Wano? 15 years after Wano, One Piece finally ends... Its next to last arc.

9. Gunners .

I'm guessing Dragon will hit the WG hard but they will brush it off as irrelevant and start making moves towards their actual targets. Shanks will likely go after Blackbeard and I'm guessing the marines will be instructed to hit Luffy with everything that they have.

Might result in all of the places he has visited getting steamrolled.

10. Furinji Saiga The One Shadow

I do think that after Wano finishes the structure of the story will shift dramatically.

Its because after the arc Kaido( and potentially Big Mom get defeated) the WG will make enact their plans and policies aka the great cleansing, I dont think we will have massive arcs like Dressrosa and Wano again.

Basically the actions of Reverie( Fuji's goal, Revos's goal, Shanks conflict with that "pirate" and Cobra's questioning of the WG) will trigger them into making their moves quicker then they anticipated.

If there is an Elbalf arc after it wont be the usual that we get where SH's land/beat bad guy up/ and leave.

Since after Wano, the story shifts in pace and starts the buildup of the final war.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. yuLeopard Pink Haired Pirates

Russia
    I am going to say that since Whole Cake was the year of Sanji and the year of Zoro is going to be Wano... Elbaf is going to be the year of Ussop and Captain Koby.

I feel like Koby's encounter with the Straw Hats or whomever is in Elbaf is going to either cost him his life or give him another huge career jump.

Koby is either going to be youngest Vice Admiral, get a DF or die and it sets off final arcs ... I feel like Go D Ussop is untouchable (unless Oda is setting up a swerve), while Koby is going to be this young marine with his life cut short.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. Figo Active Member

Really doubt they'll go after Shanks anytime soon.

13. Etherborn Cosmic Impulse

Sokovia
    When was it hinted that Raftel isn't what's at the end? It's been pretty firmly established that it's the last island.

14. MYJC Cunning Linguist

What I mean is that they (Neko and Inu) said it wasn't physically the last island on the land line, and if if you just sail to the end there'll be something else there.

You have to get the Road Poneglypsh to actually locate Raftel.

15. Etherborn Cosmic Impulse

Sokovia
    Oh, yeah, ok.

16. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina
    Hoping for an arc involving Rox Pirates.

17. HaxHax

So.. Kaido isn't defeated, but joins forces with Big Mom (et al).. Making the biggest alliance in the world known as KaidoCorp the Rox Pirates.

I mean sure. That way Kaido isn't the first Yonko to go down (or at least he won't have to go down alone), and the Rox thing won't be a red herring. Also Kaido might get his big war.

Although there is still the chance that Big Mom shows up in Wano.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 2:25 AM
  18. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

Luffy punches Big Mom so hard she regurgitates her orphan family like Cell did Android 18