1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Something about Sasuke, best friends and the mangekyou

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Therahedwig, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Therahedwig Parodie Nin

Last night this thought popped up into my head, and it doesn't have a lot of relevance, nor really explains a lot, but is nice to ponder about.

When Sasuke recalled what Itachi told him about the mangekyou and Shisui, he said that Shisui helped him to gain the mangekyou, he also explicitly states that you had to kill your best friend to gain the mangekyou.

He never talked about it afterwards, when meeting Sasuke again.
    Now this could be because kishimoto made it up in the last minute, or Itachi just didn't think of/didn't feel like reminding his brother about it.

But I was thinking, Sasuke is pretty fucked up, and must've thought about that moment a LOT of times, so...

... what if he made up the best friend part?

Naruto considers Sasuke like his brother, and Sasuke probably feels the same way. And what if Sasuke hates his own brother so much, that everyone that could have been a sort of replacement would receive that same hatred unconsiously(or that Sasuke would feel parano?a and think that person would do the same think like Itachi) and that Sasuke would want to kill that person because he might feel that it makes him accomplish his goals.
    And the mangekyou is one of Sasuke's goals, that he wishes to accomplish, and it would be a great way to justify his hatred against Naruto he's not supossed to have, and the very fact he wants to kill his best friend, as a representation of his brother.

It's a pretty much hypothetical situation with no hints to it at all, but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here, and give it a little thought before returning to the world of Tobi being the third's grandmother in law and the AL being about everyone aside from the fly whose live I just ended.

Tags:
  2. Sho Active Member

I think it wasn't mentioned before because it then lends drama to the scene when Sasuke actually attempts to gain the Mangekyou in the VotE, since we just find out then that there's such a requirement for it. It also gives credibility to the scene since otherwise, Sasuke would have no reason to try to kill Naruto in the first place, so of course Kishimoto needs to make a situation where Sasuke has to kill him for something (thereby giving a sense of danger to the battle).

I don't think Sasuke made it up, since there are mysteries with the Shisui murder, where it does seem like Itachi was the one who did it (especially since Shisui was sent to look after him), and also Sasuke's disgust at gaining the Mangekyou Sharingan the way that Itachi (or at least the Itachi in his mind) layed out for him. Sasuke doesn't want the MS if it means achieving it "Itachi's way", and his flashback post-timeskip (in chapter 307) to Itachi telling him how to achieve the MS still seems to give him anger/revulsion, so I don't think it's something that he would make up in his own mind. Plus, Sasuke seemed to not really have a problem with having a best friend/bond with others before Itachi did his Tsukuyomi on him in the hotel hallway.

3. Therahedwig Parodie Nin

Ah, I forgot about that.

Oh well, it's just an idea I wanted to share, thank you for taking a look at it :)

And you could say that most of this was unconsiously thought, so he wasn't bothered by it for a long time, till he got in his little period of madness between the encounter with Itachi and the end of VotE.