1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Come join the KCC Haiku Contest -- Summer!
    Entries due by August 17th at 2:30 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Something else (about Team 10 flashbacks)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Faye Valentine, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Faye Valentine

Now that the chapter is here at last, I'll add a bit too.
    It's a good chapter, full of emotional stuff. Asuma is dead. Shika knows who the king is (aren't we curious?).
    I wanted to write about one other thing. This is the first talk about characters other than team 7 (post-skip). We see team asuma's flashbacks, including a mention of the chuunin exams held after the ones we've seen in part one. This is the first time Kishi has mentioned anything about what was going on during the time-skip.
    I am very glad that we could see more of team 10 (even though I'm not their rabid fan). All this gives me hope that Kishi will indeed show us some more about other people in the manga beside naruto himself. The sagnificant thing is that we haven't seen naruto for several chapters already, which is absolutely unique.

Well, just wanted to share my thoughts.

Tags:
  2. Suu

I'm glad too. This chapter was pretty touching.

And, I think Kishi has shown us something during the timeskip before - Sakura's training with Tsunade.

3. Svenjamin

Did anyone else notice that Ino had her time-skip hair during the flashbacks? Is that an artistic mistake?

Also it's not actually the first time anything from DURING the timeskip was shown.

Sakura had a flashback during the Sasori fight, about being taught that evasion is the most important role of a medic nin when in battle.

And Naruto had a flashback after regaining consiousness from the 4-tailed form that showed how Jiraiya got that wound on his chest.

4. QuoNina

Yeah, it's pretty cool that they are gonna work as a BIG team now against Akatsuki. (God, even the faraway Sasuke!)

And this chapter gives Shikamaru more weight in the future plot no doubt. He holds not only the need to revenge, but also a secret of who is the king. ...and really good character development. The panel that showed him smoking and crying was the best panel of this chapter imo.

5. Faye Valentine

Haha, I forgot about sakura's training, thanks for that xD

Though I wouldn't put jiraiya's one in the same box. That was rather about how dangerous kyuubi is, and.. you get what I mean. Not about the character/their development.

Uh, and shika makes me emo :(

6. lynxie

I hope we see more flashbacks from all the teams. Well... in a way that it stay's interesting, of course.
    I really liked it!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  7. Castitas Lilium

I liked the flashback when he bought flowers from Kurenai and Ino knew it instantly. :3

8. DeepThought

Asuma was allowed to buy flowers during the timeskip.

For all we know, Ino "developed" the day after Naruto left.

9. Raptor

Yeah the flashback was good for a change. It leaves me wonder what will happen when the news reach Konoha. I see Kurenai trying to be strong and failing miserably at it.

She and Anko are best friends right? :headscrat I remember I read that somewhere.

During the 3 years yes. Give her 2 or 3 more years and she will be :drool

As much as a drawn character can be anyway.

10. ChipsAndSnacks

Man, so Asuma was th one that taught or well got Shikamaru started on the whole Shogi thing. Damn, he sure had a big influence on one of Shikamaru's main characteristics. Who'da thunk.

11. momolade

flashback was nice. looking at it now this is the first time asumas interaction with his team was stressed.
    i dont seem to remember them having an especially astounding relationship.
    having a flashback of how good a teacher he really was the moment he dies seems lazy. maybe he was just saving it to make the death scene emotionally laden. Im so depressed he died ;_;

12. Raptor

Well I ask because Kurenai used Anko to lie about why she was with Asuma in a sweet store :amuse

Well if no one died in a world full of ninjas it would suck too. Part 2 is supposed to be darker in every way and a few kills here and there will break apart the "unbeatable" image the good guys had before.

13. Faye Valentine

Lame as it sounds, but we also know they were doing missions and all, and as the chuunin leaders too, basing on what asuma said. I do realize it was pretty obvious, but now it's sure and proven, no one can say "they probably were going on missions" ;)
    Somehow, that chapter makes me look at all the rookie nine (and team gai) differently. In a good way of course xD

14. Raptor

The rookie 9 and team gai are Konoha future. They need to get strong the hard way so it can happen.

15. ChipsAndSnacks

Well, I always thought the Shogi thing was something he picked up from his father or just his own thing that he does on his free time.

16. Sariachan

I'm a big fan of Shikamaru, so the part I liked more was him learning shougi in 10 minutes and then already winning the first time he played it. I bet Asuma was really, really surprised that first time!
    But Ino's and Chouji's parts were nice too. And I like how Ino is like Sakura, but in her own way. The parallels between them are cool.

And the very first flashback, when Asuma met them the first time... damn, I'm getting teary again! ;__;

17. I Я Reckless!

After this chapter, I think its a sure-fire thing that Hidan is gonna get a GRUESOME death

But I wonder who will be the one to bring him down??

18. Naruto674

I think that shika, will help with killing Hidan, would be a good motivater for shika andi think would make the story better (maybe Naruto will help kill him or the rest of team 10).

I wonder how the story is gonig to go tho after this...

o and best part was when Shika started to smoke...really nice panel