1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Something that bothers me...

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Procyon, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Procyon Loveless

Does anyone else find it creepy that so many people lurk in the forums? There's always alot more guests than members. I think it's sorta creepy. It feels like you're being watched. Why not just join?!

Tags:
  2. theoneandonly is back to his origin

i dunno...i joined this forums the minute i knew it existed. so i have no time to lurk..well it is kinda creepy when you think bout it... but it's fine

3. Jones ...and they served the beam.

well, what can they do as guests? not much. so what if they are watchin you, there's more members that lurk around here than guests.

4. Yak on a Forums Break

Hahaha, getting paranoid, are we? Just joking...

Well, I used to be one of the read-only "users", meaning, I was a guest for about a month or longer where I only read in the forums. I guess some people are only doing it because they found one or two topics that they are interested in and aren't sure whether they should join or not. It's always hard for n00bs to get into a community with many members, especially when most of them already know each other and their "major malfunctions" so to speak, meaning, how sensitive they can get about some things/comments or how they react in which situation, the way they write, who they are friends with and why not better piss of that or this person because it could cause you troubles with at least 50 others of his friends or something like that.

I guess many first want to check out the situation before they join, others are maybe Google-ing about some questions regarding Naruto and get referred here and then leave after they found their desired topic. Or they are all perverted stalkers. :D

5. Heldensheld Chunnin

I wanted to post when I first came to this site and I was like WTF?!?!?! have to be member?!?!?! I'll be one in a jippee! A jippee later, the member is born!

6. Procyon Loveless

That was a very thought out reply. I guess that's a good point about them having a rough time as a noob...I mean, when I first joined I got like 2 replies to my newbie posts, and everyone seemed to hate me. I just wandered the forums aimlessly until I joined some FCs and met some nice people there. XD

In regards to the stalking guests, that's what freaks me out. XD

XD! Welcome. :p

7. Yak on a Forums Break

@Giro: In my opinion it can indeed help you to wait at least a few days before joining such a big board. It seems there are some of the very new members that see the forums, decide to join and immediately start posting. And after that they wonder why they seem to be so "hated" or getting already neg-rep because they didn't read any FAQ and and rules and made an already existing topic or posted in the wrong section, etc. Those are mistakes that can happen, of course but I personally tend to wait a bit, check out all the FAQS and rules, check out some of the members and how they post and about what, watch out for the admins, and so on. I wasn't even a member when I learned that you better not piss of Vash. *ggg*

8. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

On this one .hack RPG forum, my friend and I would RP in a thread... and whenever we refreshed the page this SAME guy would be there... like he follows all our threads or something.

o_o;

9. Gooba Join us

When I joined I immediatly started a thread that got people arguing with me, so that was fun. Its funny, the people I argued with there the most were Dani :knk, Code :shakefist, and Martryn :hi5. For the record, I have seen the error of my ways in the last 5 months.

10. Yak on a Forums Break

@Haruka: Maybe he liked your RP. :p

11. DesertLily Panties! Glorious panties!

Lurking isn't creepy...perhaps it's just people who don't really want to post and stuff, but they want to check out current Naruto stuff and whatnot, or are just browsing to see if they want to join.

12. Dark_wolf247 The vision of homoexcelsior.

i think that it is a lil creepy that so many guests are online, but i think it may be because maybe its their first forum and the want to figure out everything before they join so that they dont screw up. i know that i contemplated about joining a forum for a long time because i was so insecure about whether ppl would like me or hate me. also, maybe they are scoping out ppl who seem to have alike interests with so they know who they might be able to buddy up with when they join...but even so, its still a lil weird...

13. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Sometimes people dont join because they have bad attitudes, or netiquette (sp) or however you say it. Why would you join a forum when you will blow up on someone and then get banned from it?

14. Akamaru Mask *NS125's pet Kitty*

*starts randomly cyber punching*

get away from me you stalkers!!!!!

15. Kagalli Off-duty Fanart Hunter

Hehe, I used to lurk around the forums before I joined. I liked reading all the stuff like in fanclubs and theories and whatnot. But then I was like 'what the heck? I'll just join!'

16. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

Some folks prefer to just read stuff, and some folks are shy. Others could just be getting acquainted with the place before they ultimately put down their John Hancock and throw themselves into the forum.

Creepy? Maybe slightly, but once you think about it, it isn't too bad.

17. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

There are many reasons why people lurk instead of post. I didn't start posting immediately when I first found this forum. I was just looking for information on anime and video games.

18. jungwah8 I like penguins

I never joined once I found NF. I used to just read people's posts. Sometimes I would say my response to someone's post aloud. Yeah, I'm weird. Hehe. But, I don't mind them lurking. I think it's a good idea to get comfortable with the forum first. :smile-big

19. dbcomix Rolling.. Rolling... Gone.

people lurk the forums!!?? omg!!

*jumps out window*

Spoiler: for teh lurkers
    you wish you were me,eh? eh? eh!

20. Misk Burn my Dread

Well lets just hope they arent Smexual Predators

21. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I lurked for a bit. I am not crazy or scary (or so most people think :evil).

22. Misk Burn my Dread

Jkingler you had that hasselhoff Ava you ARE creepy O_O

23. Jedi Mind Tricks <font face='Palatino Linotype, Arial'><font size='

Maybe they are just checking out the opinions of other Naruto fans on the anime or manga. (I'm an anime watcher:p)

24. I ARE 1031 Member

I used to just read the posts and stuff for Naruto releases for about a month but not everyday or often. On a few occassions I wanted to post something in a thread but later I joined and actually stuck with this forum. The last one was narutotalk and just when I was getting into it it shut down so I didn't feel like joining this one too. It isn't creepy to me because I have been on the other side. HAHA, creepy my ass!

25. Kaki Condensed hits harder

Perhapts many of these lurkers were just drawn to a particular thread or two by Google, and are too uniterested/ lazy to join....anyway I don't think it's anything big.

26. Frozen-Sponge New Member

I guess it is quite creepy.... xD I'm normally a lurker whenever I join something new since it seems a bit intimidating to go into a thread filled of members who could either ignore or completely go against what you say.

That's just my view. ^^

27. Avenger2112 Feuer Frei!

i hate guests. they always make u feel like your being watched...............

28. rimpelcut You know it, I know it.

sometimes I am a quest until I log on

29. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Guest Lurkers have small penises, and know if they sign up I will point it out and all the hawt chicks of the forum will gloat of their misfortune.

30. _Kotetsu_ *Shifty eyes*

I don't see the point in simply viewing forum threads as a guest. I mean, a forum is supposed to be a place where you can talk about things, and share your opinion... Not just watch what other people have to say... But I guess everybody's different.