1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Sony to 'block PS3 Euro imports'

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Knight of Fate, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Knight of Fate ☢CAUTION☢

I pity them ;_;

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Well, I doubt they can get them anyway, as the PS3s will sell out faster than crack at a crackwhore convention.

That said, it's pretty gay. If you can get an english speaking countrie's PS3, and you speak english, why not?

3. Payapaya ...

My, seems their standards are rather strict if this happens.

Why I never bother with consoles. :notrust

Oh well the time will pass by and the Europeans will get their ps3's. Honestly is it that big of a deal... What am I talking about of course it is to some people.

4. warcraft E-Married to Chibi_Sasuke2k5

i dont care about the PS3, Nintendo Wii will be so much better than it

5. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

They're just trying to make money.

When it comes to releasing in the EU, they'll claim they'll only have a few thousand available and hike up the price due to the initial demand like they did with the XBOX. This is how they always treat the EU market. Joke will be on them when no one will be willing to pay so fucking much for a console that only has one or two good games available for it.

I'll get one when the price comes down and more games come out.

6. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Then why do you bother with DVD players? They are the same way, they only play stuff in their own Region. And getting a Region free one is relatively easy, but hardly anyone does it.

The Wii has all of one good game I have seen so far, while it is cheaper I don't care about any of those games coming out really, except Brawl.

The PS3 has Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, this one game they haven't given a title yet, but it looks bad ass, amongst other things. Plus the Wii controller sucks, I don't care what anyone says. I like Nintendo, but they can do stupid stuff sometimes.

This isn't just to make money, they would make the same amount of money if people imported them from here, so saying that is silly. The thing is, the PS3 has several good games on it, and a Blu-Ray player, which usually runs for 1200 alone, so be glad they are offering it at half that price with a gaming system attached.

7. Shadow Slayer Poof no Jutsu

More reason to hate Sony I guess. :oh

8. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

How can you hate someone for doing something totally inside of their rights.

9. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

Because they are blocking off fans who are pissed at their tardness with release dates and prices simple as that

10. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Why should they rush for you? They were trying to make sure the damn thing wouldn't break when it came out. Not to mention that's their smallest market. They're a business. They want to sell them when they want to and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't know when the release date is there, but it can't be that much longer. And whining about it or importing it doesn't do much good, especially since when you do import it the things going to cost 800+.

And if you read my other post you would know that a blu-ray player alone costs 1000 dollars at least you're getting it at a discount, so shut up and stop bitching.

11. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

We are the last to get this console and we pay more than US and Japan. The EU market will be gard for Sony this time cause Microsoft will do somthing to be the leader there and Nintendo is popular in EU

12. Genesis Active Member

Considering the price, i don't plan on buying one for quite some time so it doesn't effect me. However, they need to make sure that the PS3 has no problems like the PS2 did when it came out.

13. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

um we have to wait untill may for the PS3 not that long? a half year?

too bad blu-ray readers are dropping in price quickly, i have heard about a 600 player somewhere

i love sony's excuse, ' we want to focuss on america and japan, european customers don't mind the delay they think its fantastic"

Haha they just cant produce enough of their product and are trying to find excuses

14. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

Do you know how much more expensive console releases are in the EU? The PS3 already has a price tag $203 dollars more in the EU than the US. If they control the numbers of consoles going into Europe they can push up prices even more by having a high demand. Having it imported early by third parties will actually lose them the advantage of being able to manipulate the market.

They've done this before to the EU and they'll do it again. There was also a similar thing with the XBOX where they claimed they only had a few console available to the EU, making the demand so incredibly high that they could get away with charging enormous amounts of money. Only, they always had enough consoles to suit original demand, they just didn't release them all at once in order to get away with the fewer consoles = high demand = high price.

And remember that half the games released in America don't get released in the EU. You may have good games, but most of the ones we get are predominately sports based - ie. boring as hell.

15. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Then go buy it, you can pay the same amount we do for the player and the system. If people didn't need to have shit first the price would come down and then they could buy it. I'm not buying any new systems until probably next Spring at the earliest, but that will be the Wii and Brawl probably.

What can I say...God Bless America.

16. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

This is old and gaming department news.

Although I guess the members that don't go there might be interested too. ^^

Well, sucks for the Sony fans that were planning to import it I guess.

17. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

I find it funny on how they are like "OMG REGION FREE" but your forbidden to buy a machine from a other region O_o

18. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

You're not forbidden, they want you to wait until they come out there most likely. And I don't want to play edited EU games, you guys took the entire maze part out of RE4 in some parts over there. I would rather get region free movies if anything.

19. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

I can believe that Sony can be the leader in Eu for the next gen console. Lot of people want to buy a Wii for christmas, i don't someone who will take a PS3 on March

20. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

region free movies aren't really important thats not the point of a console

21. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

€600 or €500 for a PS3 and €80 for a game

22. Dionysus Brandy and Death

Don't import PS3s. We have broken our technology to maximise user dissatisfaction should they try to import.

How much do these media companies pay governments to tolerate this region encoding BS?

Anyways. I recommend to anyone looking to buy a PS3 -- and I don't see why anyone would care to at this point -- to wait at least a year after its release in your region. Test the waters, make sure they flush their manufacturing system of junky parts (during the initial production blitz). Make sure there are lots of games you want...

If you have willpower, wait until they downsize the tech with smaller fabrication processes.

23. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Well that's why I am buying the blu ray console that costs more, the ablilty to play Blu-ray movies. And how do you know the point of a console? They're trying to be more compatable and multi-media, so yeah I would say that is the point of a console.

Who cares...small market anyway. The X-Box 360 might end up going the way of the Dreamcast, since they made all of the same mistakes and the Wii and the PS3 are the only contenders. In the case of lineup the PS3 wins that. I can buy Zelda on my GC and I'd rather wait for it because I don't like the Wii controller, that controller puts a lot of people off.

24. NecroAngel Member

It's all part of Sony's genius marketing plan, you see.

Charles: Hey James, you know what would get us tons more customers?
    James: No, what?
    Charles: Well, first.. let's charge people in Europe $100+ more than America for the console.
    Charles: Secondly, let's make it so the release date is infact in 2007, it's extremely important they get it after Christmas.
    James: But Charles, is it really right to treat Europeans like 2nd class customers all the time?
    Charles: lol
    James: lol

25. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Maybe this is Japan's revenge for the orient being treated like second class citizens.

26. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

27. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Key words, will become. They also said way back that the Sega Saturn would retail for 1000 dollars and that the PS3 would retail for about the same, don't believe everything you read.

28. Le Male Absolu Well-Known Member

it's already the second market in the world.

29. gotti_jason New Member

i will like my xbox 360 but i did want to buy the nintendo wii but i dont want to be playing old games on it they should just come out with new ones
    Vegitto-kun that javascript picture whatever people call it with them 2 days look gay

30. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

Too bad blu-ray is worse then HD-DVD haha + holywood is turning to hd-dvd more and more every day