1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

- Sora's Resolve_WIP -

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by skillustrate, Sep 30, 2005.

1. skillustrate

Spoiler: 50% of the original size

/me copies and pastes description from DA

I accepted a drawing battle with a group of people on a forum. I'm thankful for it because it provoked me to make something and I need all the practice I can get.

This is my entry. I love Kingdom Hearts and all the main characters. Of them, this is Sora. He's almost always smiling/happy/cheery, so from the start, I knew I wanted to draw him in a more serious/focused way. I like the focused, one-track-mind expression on his face and I think the title "Sora's Resolve" matches it perfectly. I have alot planned for this drawing; this is just the start.

50% of the original size.

I'm not even finished adding the details yet but this is what I could get done in 2 days [the deadline] with my offline schedule. And in case you're wondering about the smudging on the pencil work, my pencil and paper are low quality, since I don't draw as much as I used to. I need better supplies, but I keep forgetting to buy some. That, and I'm not as good as I used to be since I quit drawing for half a decade. So just be patient with me; I'll get my skills back with repetition. ^^

</end description>

Anyway, the competition is fierce for this battle; it's being held at NarutoMania, in case you wanna check it out.

Critique?

Tags:
  2. Crowe

Very nice, cool idea never thought of doing something like that. Not that i would be able to but anyway, i luv the second one just make all the lines as 'dark' as the lines on the coat. The third is way to clean, its cool if you're going to color it but i have never been a fan of uber clean drawings

3. skillustrate

Thanks.

The 2nd shot just shows halfway progress. ^^
    But I guess if it appeals to you, it'll appeal to others as well. The whole grunge look, that is.

Yea, I have a serious large canvas concept in mind for this drawing. It will be colored and put on a kool BG when it's all done.

Thanks for the comments.

4. Outenkun

Very clean line art, nicely done. I fell as though his feet should be showing a bit though.

5. nt90

looks good. we definently need somemore kh in here. nomura-san would be proud :amuse

6. skillustrate

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Now I have to draw Riku and Mickey...and Donald.

...And Goofy. =\

Might have to draw Kairi too. /=

7. EndlessRain

<3 sora. no draw cloud rather than goofy =p
    luv the lineart =]

8. skillustrate

Haha, I don't feel like drawing Goofy or Donald either. Thanks for the feedback.

Sora's the man.

9. OniTasku

Very nice man. :thumbs

I really like the second one as well. Although, I do enjoy the third one also. Great work and keep it up.

+Rep

10. canza

Hi sexy!!!!!!!!!! wow....did you draw that????????? Sora looks great!!!