1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry Jazz fans. 107.5 The Oasis is gone.

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Dejablue, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Dejablue

(I realised I should have put this in the music section of the forum. But I forgot this place exsisted. )

I'm 18 years old. But I like Jazz just like my mother does. There used to be a radio station called KOAI 107.5 The Oais. It was around for years. Then all of the sudden (On Monday, October 2, 2006 at 5pm) it gets replaced by something different called 'Movin' 107.5 which features artists like Prince, Shakira, Mariah Carey and Usher. To appeal to women of the ages 25-40

But what about the Jazz fans? Don't they matter? 107.5 played good music. The perfect kind to bring down stress from a hard day's work. It was relaxing and good to listen to. Now I'm stuck with ANOTHER pop/rap radio station like the other dozens of those in the flock. This is not fair! They didn't even give Oasis fans a heads up. It just HAPPENED.

Apparently the head of directors of the stations said that the Oasis was not reaching a far enough demographic of listeners. As if the demographic of jazz listeners dosen't exsist. I'm not sure of how many people like this genre of music here. Or if anybody here even knows about The Oasis station. But I miss it already.

Tags:
  2. delirium

Svcks for yov dvde. I vsvally jvst listen to NPR since it's a Jazz station at night vntil abovt 3 A.M. or something. Yov'll definitely find some Jazz fans in here thovgh. Here's a Jazz thread if yov wanna talk some knowledgable Jazz with other fans. smile-big

3. Brother Wayne Kramer

4. Efraim Longstocking

Well radio is doomed, the only radio I listen to is the last.fm but sadly I can't use it atm. Nice meeting some cool jazz fans. I'm certainly interested in the jazz, although, I don't have much knowledge into the genre.

5. Shogun

and Jazz FM is gone! well, it has been for a while, now what does london have to listen to?

6. delirium

7. Efraim Longstocking