1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Spider man 3 villain confirmed sort of(spoilers obviously)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Theatre' started by Necroziel, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Necroziel Is gone

Check it out straight from the horses mouth.

After months of lips sealed tighter than the outfit on your friendly neighborhood webslinger, casting news on one of Hollywood's most anticipated sequels has slipped out.

Actress Kirsten Dunst, while recently speaking to a group of reporters,revealed the identities of the villains in the soon-to-shoot blockbuster "Spider-Man 3."

We have really great people, though, as the villains in this film; Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace ? Venom and Sandman," Dunst divulged before being further interrogated over Church's obvious physical similarities to the brawny Sandman.

"It's the other way around," she corrected herself, listing Grace as Venom and Church as the Sandman. "You're right."

Although the casting of "In Good Company" star Grace and "Sideways" Oscar nominee Church was announced several months ago (see "Topher Grace Joins Cast Of 'Spider-Man 3' ... But As Who?"), those overseeing the "Spider-Man" film franchise have gone to great lengths to maintain the secret identities of their characters. Spidey-senses tingling, MTV News approached Dunst for more information and received another juicy tidbit.

"I think we have ... I'm going to say two and a half bad guys," the "Elizabethtown" star said. "Because I think one of them is resurrected. But yeah, two and a half bad guys, I think, about in this movie."

Dunst, who will once again return as Mary Jane Watson, the object of Peter Parker's (Tobey Maguire)'s affection, would seem to have opened up the possibility of a previous Spider-Man nemesis ? Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin or Alfred Molina as Dr. Octopus ? returning to the silver screen. Both Marvel Comics and Spidey's studio responded with a "no comment" to Dunst's web of revelations, but her statements are nevertheless certain to inspire the rabid speculation of movie lovers, comic book geeks and chat-room enthusiasts everywhere.

For those unfamiliar with the villains, Venom is the name for an alien spacesuit that attaches itself to human bodies while attempting to take down the similar-looking webcrawler with its equally effective superpowers. The Sandman, meanwhile, is actually William Baker, a career criminal who survived a nuclear-reactor meltdown while lying on a beach. With his body mimicking the properties of sand, he can transform his malleable body into various shapes and sizes.

In one final (albeit smaller) revelation, the 23-year-old actress told MTV News that she expects Mary Jane to develop into more of an adult in the third film and less of a rag doll. "Obviously we've all grown up again," she said. "I'm sure the relationship with Tobey Maguire and I will again [be] a complicated love affair. So it's always in there. Hopefully I won't be swinging from ropes or anything or screaming in this one."

"Spider-Man 3" is scheduled to begin filming early next year and is expected to swing into theaters on May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Topher Grace as Venom? WTF? W T F? I hope he gets a body double for Venom at least.... -_-

3. Wing-Zero Whoa!!!

i cant wait to see what venom will look like lol >.>

4. StarCraft PantySniffer

5. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

Hmm...interesting. Glad that Venom will be in it, I'm not sure about Sandman though...then again, I didn't think Doc Ock would make a good villain for Movie 2 but he was GREAT, so I hope they surprise me again

And I agree, Topher Grace as Venom is quite the "WTF"...guess we'll have to wait and see

6. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

I'll wait until we get official confirmation from Marvel or Sony.

I remember before Spider-man 2 Dunst said THE LIZARD and DOC OCK. Lizard never made it into the movie.

Dunst has even't read a script yet. SO I mean...whatever.

Topher Grace is Eric Foreman from That 70's Show.

7. Spidey Does whatever a spider can

yeh, I'm waiting for the official say from sony. But it is going to be veryyyy interesting to see how Grace can pull off venom. Maybe they'll go the Ultimate route and make the symbiote what bulks him up and what not.

But I really think this should just be a set up for Venom. Just to introduce Eddie Brock and his relationship with peter. He really deserves his own film. But anyway, seeing sandman is going to be freaking awsome, and I think Church is perfect for the role.

But what about harry? I have no Idea how they are going to fit everything into one, or even two films. And what about the lizard? I though he was pretty high on the list too. Whatever, guess we just have to wait, But I have faith it will be awsome :)

8. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

How do we even know Grace is playing Eddie Brock?

9. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

ahhh haaa, I predicted Venom all along :D

10. StarCraft PantySniffer

topher grace would make a better carnage i think....

11. Kayo ?

12. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

We'll see this is all based off of hearsay from a person who hasn't even read a script yet.

The movie doesn't come out until 2007.

13. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

the only thing im worried about is how the cgi effects for venom will be i just hope it doesnt look stupid cos venom is a really important character.

secondly i was hoping it was gonna be harry osbourne coming back as the green goblin but i guess it would make the movie a little redundant.

14. TDM Toast

It's like looking at the same thing.

15. Id The Demon of Elru

Eric Foreman as Venom........................that will be the a..
    vary,
    vary,
    vary

Pussy version of Venom

16. O-ushi Upcoming Jounin

What Im wondering is how Venom is going to be depicted in Spiderman3. Is it gonna be the classic route - An alien from outer space - Or maybe the Ultimate Spiderman route - An experiment to make a special suit gone wrong.
    Maybe a bit of both or something else?:p
    The symbiote is gonna hafta to attach himself to Spidy first, its gonna awsome seeing a Dark Spiderman, thats if they do it.:amuse

17. blind51de Banned

Eric Foreman as Eddie Brock? I don't know how this will work, but I'm interested.

18. Mousowi Member

Interesting, but what about the ending of spiderman 2, where Harry finds the green goblin costume his father wears. I'd hate to have a dangling plot like that. Unless they can some how continue it without actually having him be the villian just yet.

But seeing venom would be pretty cool. Although they already showed my favorite spidey villian doc oc. I would also love to see shock or elctro, any of them really think would be great. Except Kraven I've never really liked him much, awful of me but I just don't like him.

19. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Sorry, I'm not jumping on the rumor bandwagon at the moment.

Not long ago everyone was sure that the villain was CHAMELEON.

20. -Ransom- Love

Well i think venom would be interesting, however i hope they get a different director for this one. I was not into spiderman two at all, i mean aunt may hanging off the building with a cane? come on... but yeah, i hope that sam raimi can redeem himself if hes doing this movie as well. Spiderman 1 was the best, spiderman 3 is hopefully more on par with that one than number 2.

21. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

If you can't see that Spider-man 2 was a superior movie on every level...whatever.

Raimi truly made it his own with the sequel after he was noticeably nervous and scared of the fanboys for the first movie. The first movie was a huge success so he was a lot more confident about his own style and made the movies more what they should be.

22. TUNGSTEN New Member

I think for Venom there going to use the Ultimate Spider-man route personnally where instead Venom is just a suit made up of millions of nanobots created by Peter Parker's and Eddie Brock's fathers. My main reason for this is because they sort-of used the Ultimate Dr. Doom version for the Fantastic Four movie (where doom ended up being with them in the "cosmic rays")

23. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Fantastic Four blew goats and they shouldn't be using that as a template.

They could just go the animated series route in that Venom was brought back from the moon when John Jameson went there.

24. Chouzu_Tao The Yellow Lightning Bolt

If this is indeed true, like I said on another forum, it would make the most sense, if indeed topher grace was Venom to go with the Ultimate Venom storyline and tweek it ever so slightly, because obviously Peter is no longer in high school. But it works the best because it's compact, Topher doesn't have to gain a gazillion pounds of body muscle, and we have room for other villians.

25. ironman0786 New Member

26. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Who is to say for sure that Venom will even absolutely make an appearance in Spider-man 3?

This is still just rumors based on hearsay.

27. StarCraft PantySniffer

it makes more sence that they brought venom back from spac cuz... mary jane married the astronaught...... right... which means... he goes on space missions, meaning he is gonna bring back some weird shite like venom....

and.... spiderman one.. was no where near as good as spiderman 2, SM 2 is one of the better comic book movies out there...

SM1 was like watching power-rangers or somthing...

28. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Mary Jane never married any astronaut. She left him at the alter so she could be with Peter.

Spider-man is great to be sure. Spider-man 2 is just better on every level. They truly perfected it.

29. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I'm more interested to see who's going to be in X-men 3 (character wise)... but I'm still in shock about the Topher Grace thing.

Sure it's just something Kirsten said, but, what if it's true? WHAT IF IT'S TRUE?!??!?!

30. Vegeta Cunt Sammy

Holy Crap, Eric Foremen... Venom... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And as for the 2 and a half villians, it is obviously pointing to Harry. He is going to don his crazy arse fathers suit, inhale some happy smoke and go as nutters as Papa.