1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

*spoiler* Manga,Chap 233. (my view on it) *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by PoeX, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoeX New Member

(may be some bad spelling) :)
    (everything is in my own opinion)
    I just wanted to give you guys my view on this chapter.

Now,
    First of all this chapter was probebly the most beautiful chapters i ever read.
    second, the meaning of the chapter.

Picture 8, symbolizes that whatever path they may take during their lives, they will always view echother as brothers.
    or -- the brotherhood they once had is now over.

Picture 12, the headband, its a symbol that sasuke is now a missing nin and naruto is now an equal against sasuke.

Picture 14, I think this is like when the 3rd hokage died, (the heavens are crying). Maybe Sasuke thinks he killed naruto because of this.?

Picture 16, I belive when Sasuke is leaning over naruto and looking in to his eyes he has regrets and sorrow for killing naruto,(this my sound a little twisted) - he feels like hes lost the brother he never had. (I know he has a brother)

Right/Wrong? :/
    *flame away*

Tags:
  2. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Bingo, my same thoughs exactly, im glad to see someone shares my exact views :D.

3. Shrimpie 小 な 海老-Chiisa na Ebi

Yes, I wa thinking the same, sasuke looked like he had a hard time with the killing

4. PoeX New Member

Im glad somebody else thought the same way, Kishimoto (or whats his name) really knows how to build a story. *love it*

5. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

yeah, i never understood why ppl hated the sasuke flashback and the narutovs sasuke fight. I mean those were very important fot the fight! goes to show if theres alot of story and talking ppl dont like it, and if theres alot of fighting they dont like it! talk about ungratefulness. Kishimoto is a master tory teller and I can what to see how everything unflods

6. PoeX New Member

Agree, It will be interesting to see the next chapter, it must be some intense emotions coming up from naruto's side.

7. Sitex Banned

Totally agree with your post PoeX. :)

8. ZeeBMaN Death and Glory waits for no1

I agree with most, but I don't think he's dead, or that sasuke even thinks he's dead, looks more like he's passed out, and Sasuke can't bring himself to finish it.

9. Kylara

I disagree in a few ways, which will be fun since no one has yet. I think that the symbolism is much more ambiguous than you made it out to be. Don?t get me wrong; it all certainly could be interpreted your way. But I think there?s more to it than that, and there are other possible interpretations that should (and need to) be accounted for.

It was certainly a beautiful chapter, filled with a lot of imagery: thought-provoking and heart-wrenching.

The Forehead Protector
    Sasuke put his forehead protector on a few chapters back as a sign that he acknowledged Naruto?s strength. In this chapter, Naruto put a long scratch in that forehead protector, which is eerily reminiscent of a certain older brother of Sasukes. The scratched forehead protector is a symbol of cut ties to the home village (in Sasuke?s case, his cut ties to Konoha), like that of a missing-nin.

But the scratched forehead protector came off. So, it?s like-- Sasuke?s not holding onto his cut ties with Konoha, which is a double negative, meaning (emotionally, if not literally) he?s not abandoning his home. He at least still acknowledges his ties to Konoha, such as his feelings for/friendship with Naruto.

This is mainly why I say the imagery is ambiguous. Yes, his forehead protector was scratched, which is a symbol of a missing-nin, but Sasuke doesn?t continue to wear the disfigured forehead protector. It just seems odd to me that the symbolism isn?t completed by Sasuke holding on to the scratched forehead protector, so I think it really needs to be noted.

The Rain
    Rain has always been a symbol of purification, cleansing, repenting, renewing for the better, etc. The rain washes over Sasuke, and he looks up into, acceptingly (IMO). Then his arm hurts and he spits up blood: ridding himself of his inner evil? It looks that way to me.

This is another reason why the imagery is ambiguous, because Sasuke still left, apparently. Very contradictory, I know, but then again, not entirely contradictory if he left Naruto alive. Which leads into my next part...

Sasuke Looking into Naruto?s Sleeping/Dead Face
    First of all, I don?t think Naruto?s dead. Sasuke looking into Naruto?s face could be considered the moment of decision. If Naruto?s unconscious (and not dead) at this point, Sasuke still needs to decide if he?s going to kill him or not. Sasuke?s facing his life, everything he?s worked for, everything he?s ever held dear: literally looking it all in the face, and the decision is now.

If Naruto was killed (I still think he can?t die yet, being the main character and all), it was after Sasuke faced him in the rain and before Kakashi showed up. That?s where the decision was made. Sasuke had everything he wanted, literally right there within his reach; all he?s need to do was slit Naruto?s throat. But (IMO) he decides not to, and just leaves anyway, leaving Naruto alive.

Oh, and I agree whole-heartedly with the flashback moment: Sasuke and Naruto are brothers, and are friends, and despite everything that?s happened or will happen there?s still a connection. I nearly cried at page 8. :(

Figuratively, this chapter can be looked at many ways, several ways opposing the normal or literal interpretation. With this contradicting symbolism, it makes the story even more emotional and much more questionable.

10. Kreen_Warrior New Member

I hated the flashbacks because they were 3 or so issues of stuff I already knew, with unnecessary detail added.

11. Kurow New Member

Sasuke flashback was totally unecessary because kishimoto just repeat the same story again to reach the same point so volume 25 was very bored. This fight was great and maybe the best fight since Naruto vs Gaara. I agree with the point of view of Poex and i sure that Naruto now will train hard in order to rescue fight Sasuke again.

12. PoeX New Member

Kylara, very good reply, i enjoyed reading it, I havent thought about what you wrote, it could very well be likes you said, only time will tell :)

13. alx New Member

I'd like to point a few things out (my first post. hi everybody ^_^)

I think the point of the head band falling off was to point out that Naruto, at some point, is going to give it back to Sasuke. Possibly Orochimaru gonna posesse Sasuke and Naruto somehow ends up fighting him. Naruto whips the headband out, making sasuke rise above Orochimaru's will....anyhow i digress...

I agree the rain symbolises the sorrow of sasuke losing Naruto's companionship.

Also did anyone pick up on the Uchiha symbol in the coughed up blood? It's very screwed but there. I think it's reminding us where Sasuke is and where his ambitions lie.

Alx

14. Strider M The Pretermitted

Or it could've meant......

Sasuke - ....That bastard knicked my forehead protector..... ::looks down at him::
    ..... good...he's dead....I should take his forehead protector but....I don't want his soul haunting me..... wha? ....Rain?! at a time like this!?!? ugh....::cough:: I was in stage 2 for too long.....::runs off::

Nah I'm just kidding..... But I'm 80% sure of one thing.... NARUTO IS DEAD!!!

Yuuup... He died alright....It's just that Kyuubi will resurrect him after a couple of days......a week at the most...

80% people.....80%

15. fudrabbit Peace for the world, Sasuke.

I don't think Naruto is dead...he's is very very very important to the story..but if he's dead...*tears!*

This chapter is one of the best chapters ever...very beautifully done.. :) And i cried during the middle..hihi

Anyway, i'm new here!

16. Shinobi Nin of Darkness

If Naruto is dead, the WHOLE series will be done
    so, he isn't dead

17. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

I betcha anything that Naruto's holding on to Sasuke's scratched forehead protector...cuz I believe there will be a time jump....and that Naruto's still alive.

Time jump or not,That forehead protector's with Naruto....reminding him of his lost brother...

18. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

This is my 2 cents:

1. First of all: naruto IS NOT DEAD, two reasons for this ... first one sasuke did not get a direct heart hit, as you can see on pg 10 lower box on the right there's a hole in naruto's CLOTHES in the RIGHT side of the chest and since is did not get thru i was not a direct chidori hit...also seems logical that naruto would faint after relying too much on kyuubi's power and after being hit by sasuke...

2. kakashi being late.. well he's always late...but many think he said that 'cuz naruto seems to be late... remember he wanted to stop the fight not to come when it concluded..

19. ChickenPotPie HAH.

1. That hole was caused by Sasuke's second chidori, not the third one.
    2. What?

20. Violence Fight LARIAAAAATOOOOO~~~~!!!

Eh, 1. No, the hole from the second Chidori was completely healed by Kyuubi, Try another theory kiddo.

21. Baka-san on a Forums Break

Well put, I'm tearing up just thinking of it. Heh...

22. Spin New Member

yeah, but I don't think the kyuubi power healed his clothing

23. victormor Member

24. Ennoea Red Light

I thought the same thing this is old!! P.s Narutos not dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.