1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

SPOILERS Ichigo 100% Vol. 19 Discussion only

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Lingz, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Lingz

We're receiving too many complaints by fellow posters over at the original Ichigo 100% thread that there are too many spoilers on the thread scaring of our members that have not finished the manga and are faithful to the great scanlation team Yanime. Yanime have released 16 volumes altogeather, and they are up to Chapter 143. Ichigo has a total of 167 chapters, so we do not wish anyone else gets spoiled by members that do not use spoilers tags in the Ichigo thread. This thread is made for posters that want to post about chapters of Ichigo 143+, so PLEASE, do not ever post in the original thread again with spoilers or anything related to any chapters above 143. I repeat,

Do Not Post Any Spoilers In the Original Ichigo Thread that Yanime have not scanlated.

@Moderators: This thread will be updated as Yanime release there chapters, so when the manga is finished scanlated, the two threads can be merged, so It would help all Ichigo fans that this thread is created. That would be very much appreciated by all members that wish to discuss Ichigo 100%! Thanks

Anyway, back on track, no spoiler tags needed, 'cos the title says it all, it's a tough luck for people that don't read title, but we are not to blame.

Happy discussing :tem

Lingz

Edit: Volume 17 was scanlated, hence I have changed the title.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
    Tags:
  2. rokkudaime

im actually planning on drawing an alternate ending for ichigo 100% lol. i still wanted manaka to end up with toujou

3. Lingz

haha, that would be cool. Be sure to update us with your manga rokkudaime mangaka :p

4. Crowe

Is chapter 143+ the raws? If its not the raws you should discuss it in the 100% Ichigo thread.

5. rokkudaime

right now, its just a dream...[manaka said that lol] when i get free time and i actually have the initial sketches, ill give it to you guys.

6. Lingz

Chapter 143+ are all not scanlated by Yanime, and not released in English text (except a really, really poor fan scalation that's not worth to look at). There contains many spoilers that we do not wish to spoil people that have not finished, and spoilers tags are easily forgotten to made, so It would be easier for members to post spoilers in a totally different thread to avoid wrecking people that have not finished it.

7. Lingz

So to start things of, what are your thoughts about the ending? Were you satisfied?

Meh, I thought it was rushed, but at least he ended up with the one and only, Nishino :)

8. bksianzz

i wanted him to end with toujou

9. darksage78

It seemed to me that in the end it would be between either Toujo or Nishino. And in all likelyhood, I thought that Manaka would be with Toujo in the end. Cause well you know sharing the dream and stuff, the basics for a happy ending. But I guess he ended up with Nishino, which I'm not complaining. She was my favourite out of them all.

10. Lingz

Well he did go through most stuff with Nishino, but Toujo was probably the person most people wanted him to end up with, regardless who they like most out of the girls.

11. Hero kun

Of course everyone want Toujou and Manaka as a couple.

Do you guys seems fair about the ending? I mean, we all know that the ending was rushed, but is it fair that Toujou didn't recieve a single thing from Manaka, for example the movie, a post card etc.?

12. Lingz

Yeah. I agree, but I'd much rather Manaka make things clear then still have glitches with Toujo that might send her wrong signals. I think Toujo and Satsuki deserved more from Manaka, but you can't really make a perfect ending where all three girls are in favour. Well inless Manaka didnt chose anyone out of the three girls, which would suck more.

13. darksage78

I'm ok with him ending up with Nishino, but I think the mangaka rushed the ending. They could've fleshed it out a little more to explain what happened. Plus I kinda feel bad for Manaka getting a job he didn't exactly want rather than becoming a director already. Instead he's working and saving up money to travel the world. Not bad, but I'd like to think that Manaka achieved his dream of becoming a director. I hope the mangaka does better on his next project if he plans to continue.

14. Lingz

you mean her, the mangaka is a female :)

15. rokkudaime

it broke my heart when toujou had made her final conversation with manaka during the snow, and when she had mailed manaka the novel. i was just so sad and i was really hoping that it wont be the end for manaka and toujou.

16. Hero kun

However, we see that in the whole serie, Manaka has most of his feelings for Toujou. They were ment to be together. I really feel depressed by seeing that those two aren't a couple. I understand that Toujou have to let Manaka go to let her feeling calm down. It's Manaka fault that Toujou is "dumping" him. He was to slow about every thing. Well, that's the way he is, I can't complain about it.

Nishino.... she's great too, but it didn't seems fair that Manaka and her was the only from the gang that had contact with each other.

I agree, that chapter was the most heartbreaking ever. How come can Manaka letting her go there? His feelings towards her are stronger than Nishino and Satsuki, but why letting Toujou go?

17. rokkudaime

I hated Manaka for not saying anything about his feelings!!! Toujou deserved to know that Manaka really loved her too. All he got to say was "sorry". Im sure both of them had a strong feeling towards each other, enough to be able to notice their feelings for each other but manaka was too much of a coward to even admit his love for her!!!!. At times, i was swayed by Nishino, thinking that Nishino deserved Manaka better, but when it all comes down to it, Toujou deserves manaka more that anyone!!

18. Lingz

It's true that Manaka and Toujo were meant to be with each other, but I thought by the time they both knew they had such strong feelings for each other,, Manaka and Nishino have already been through so much togeather it's just not fair on Nishino if after Nishino got dumped, confesses again, finally gets to be back with Manaka yet dosent get him at the end. I think although Manaka and Toujo were "meant" with each other, Nishino kind of broke that rule as she really did deserve Manaka.

19. Hero kun

Wow, I totally agree with you. Manaka has always dream of beeing with Toujou all his life during his school life, bur he seems not to be able to dump or say no after Nishino confessed to him. Nishino will understand, she has always feels that Toujou is the one for Manaka.

20. rokkudaime

But toujou didnt even get to know his real feelings. that is what really chaps my hide!!. Nishino ending with Manaka wasnt so bad coz it wouldnt have been fair if manaka goes to hook up with toujou after nishino left. im sure nishino would have understood. At times, It seemed to me that Nishino would be the one but i never expected the ending to be so painfull to digest because of the untold love that manaka has for toujou. unrequited love is really painful

21. Hero kun

Yeah, the Nishino ending was the best way to end the serie, to be fair to the girls. However, can't Manaka really let his feeling for Toujou flow away?

22. Lingz

I don't think it's fair on Nishino if Toujo and Manaka pair up after she leaves. I mean, they (Nishino and Manaka) never officially split up even when she left, so technically, Manaka shouldn't be doing that. And it would be even more painful for all three of them to face the consequences when Toujo and Manaka date, and then Nishino returns, in the end, probably all three of them would be hurt somehow.

23. rokkudaime

i suppose its all for the best, but if nishino never got back with manaka, toujou would have bagged him

24. Hero kun

Didn't they broke up when Nishino was to travelled to france? In ch 165, Nishino said that she still Manakas girlfriend until she was going to France.

25. Lingz

I still believe Manaka had feelings for Toujo in the last chapter when they reunited, same applies for Toujo, yet they had to face the fact that Nishino existed and prevented there relationship to go any further. I even believe Manaka still had some feelings for Satsuki at the end, but he chose Nishino over them back at the festival, that was a major turning point in the manga.

26. Lingz

They broke up? Hmmm...it was obvious they both had feelings for each other, so I suppose they broke up to make the possibility of dating someone else during the few years they are apart. Never knew they "officially" broke up.

27. rokkudaime

^if manaka didnt misunderstood toujou to be with someone, then maybe they still had a chance. I knew at the end that strong feelings still existed between toujou and manaka when they reunited but manaka had chosen nishino because she was more important to him at the moment. the last page even indicated toujou marrying manaka lol.

28. Lingz

Haha, true. But if Nishino didnt confess in such a cool way, then Manaka would probably of never taken her to the festival, it's just all misunderstandings. Blah

29. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

I'm glad to hear that a thread like this exists. I had to bite my tongue for quite some time :xp

well, Nishino definetly was the right choice even though I'm an Aya fan. I can't believe that Junpei finnally took the initiative and kissed Nishino and they kissed 3 times that night :tem

but the last chapter still left a few questions about some other characters not shown such as did Kozue fight her fear to start a relationship with the guy. She even mentioned that they were alike since he went to an all-boys middle school and had no experience talking to girls, but she was still afraid of him, lol.

And I guess Aya didn't end up with anyone (at least the writer didn't let on if there was a guy in her life) And Junpei attitude changed so dramatically at the end. He was so cool and confident (not to mention he got a little bigger thanks to some physical labor xDD) But in the end I liked the ending, I'm just sad that it's over =/

30. Lingz

Yeah, the kiss part was cool, reminded me once again how much more of just a harem manga this is, I mean, how many times do you actually see a harem manga go more then the two main characters blush while having "eye contact".