1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Star Wars EU Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by Fang, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Fang Titan

For all the Star Wars' fans out there. The SW EU Thread can be used to discuss the current events of both the comic, Legacy and the currently ongoing, heavy influnce series, Legacy of the Force.

Past works and creations of the Star Wars universe can also be talked about, debated and discussed in here.

Please post.

I'll kick it off, the direction Jacen Solo taking, believable or not through his character history and evolution? And to the past works of what he should be...ie Dark Empire with his siblings as the literal saviors of the SW universe.

Tags:
  2. Crimson Dragoon Silver Wheel

Well, I have to say Jacen teaches us that it's better to trust strangers than family, friends, or fucking common sense.

3. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Its believable but disappointing. There was a real possibilty for the character when Traitor came around, and even with legacy I was holding out hope at least for something different, but the actions of Exile pretty much summed it up for me as silly. I didn't pay for black evil, I paid for intellectual evil!

That beign said a new main villain was needed and they couldn't keep inventing Nyax's.

4. Lightysnake Niku still has bad taste

Jacen's initial fall was a bit irritating, but made even moreso by how people keep claiming he's redeemable when he's committed murder three times, attempted murder numerous times, declares martial law and takes a 'Darth' title.

With Jacen's whole 'moral relativity' thing, though...it's no surprise he'd eventually go this way. Sacrifice has shown Jacen as irredeemable, however.

5. Fang Titan

Having an elite strike force that's acrynom is "GAG" generally doesn't help.

6. Crimson Dragoon Silver Wheel

What does GAG stand for? I haven't been keeping up with post RotJ EU for a while, with good reason from what I've been hearing of it.

I'm not going to bother with Legacy, since the authors can't seem to do anything creative with it. Clone Wars EU is far more interesting from what I've been hearing. Especially Shatterpoint, which fucking rocked.

7. Fang Titan

GAG is a new organization put under Colonel Jacen Solo's command. He leads them from his forward command ship and mobile base, the brand new Imeprial ISD Mark II Anakin Solo.

GAG stands for Galactic Alliance Guard but in reality with Jacen gradually continuing down the dark side and under Lumiya's tutelage, their taking on a more Stormtrooper like role as the elite. His particular GAG units are becoming like the 501st/Vader Fist's under Anakin Skywalker.

8. Crimson Dragoon Silver Wheel

*Sighs* I guess I was right about the lack of creativity thing. Pre ANH EU seems to be the way to go, especially with novels like Rise of Darth Vader, Shatterpoint, and Labyrinth of Evil.

9. ShinobiOneKenobi King of Sarcasm

Star wars is my life.. My biggest problem though is that I dont read the books.. I own tattoine ghoust.. but i havent finished it.. I should though.

10. Fang Titan

How do you guys think Darth Nihilus and the Sith Trivium would fare agains the Vong?

11. Lightysnake Niku still has bad taste

12. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

I don't see what redeeming qualities Jacen currently has.

And I wish Anakin Solo was still alive. . .

13. Fang Titan

Too bad GL offed him....:sag :mad

14. Fang Titan

I just read Sacrifice from the Legacy of the Force series.

Not happy. Not happy whatsoever.

15. Crimson Dragoon Silver Wheel

Why? Is it because the post-RotJ EU lacks so much ideas that the writers basically have to rehash the Prequels?

16. Fang Titan

Not really. It was because of the sidelining of Luke and Han/Leia for the most part and a certain MAJOR character's death.

And DE was good EU.

17. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I'll be caught up on lotf in a few days, sacrifice should be coming soon :3 Closing my eyes trying to reply to this thread till then ><

Also been reading a lot of the comics thanks to pip using links to them a lot in debates lately.

18. Wesley Guess who it is!?

It should have been Jaina. If you think about it, it's always been Jacen's fault when good characters die. If he had never been concieved, Leia would never have met the Noghri, and Thrawn would be alive.

Personally, I think they should have died of old age in their sleep. It's the least they deserved. And hey, so much for the Unknown Regions right? Spectre of the Past, great ending to a great era of novels, to bad they gave us sadomasochistic aliens that use biotech instead of an era of Star Wars exploration and a return to the exotic and varied universe we had come to know and love.

The Vong were so over the top, it's embarassing.

19. Soul Vibe Formerly known as Espada

i read Sacrifice the other day. Jacen's reason for sacrifice was absolutely dumb.

Spoiler: Sacrifice spoiler
    Jacen killing Mara, then realizing that he was sacrificing the admiration that Ben held for him, which he had come to love, is idiotic. It wouldve been better had Jacen sacrificed Ben like he originally planned, or even Allana. Ben's admiration for Jacen was lost after he discovered the truth about Jacen and Lumiya anyways.

but on the other hand, Luke killing Lumiya was fucking awesome.

20. Crimson Dragoon Silver Wheel

Dark Empire is pretty enjoyable and some of the NJO novels are rather good, such as Star by Star and Traitor. But this is just inexcusable. This certain character's death was pretty lame IMO. Plus, that whole rehash thing.

21. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

I just wonder how SW EU will go from here. . .

22. Wesley Guess who it is!?

Luke Skywalker should have pulled a Raven is all I've got to say. And this time, take the girl with you!