1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Last Jedi [December 15th, 2017]

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by Sennin of Hardwork, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

2. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

So crying when you kill your own Father= 'cry' based nickname?

Instead, it should be...Whylo...Whino-F@ck it, Crylo it is.

3. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Crylo sounds better the point was he was a whiny bitch most of the time.

4. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

I disagree with that, as, prior to Disney acquiring Lucasfilm, the writers did an excellent job of having Leia being happily married to Han and Luke finding love with Mara Jade.

5. Zef Dark Magician

Crylo should have been bald if they were gonna have him remove his mask.
    I can't take him seriously with his Snape hairstyle.

Also he flips flops more then Saauke. Worse villain ever!

6. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

I wish I coulg rate your post 100 timed over.

Crylo is the worst shit to ever happen in SW.

7. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Simply put thinking of Crylo makes you think of a crying bitch.

He should run for president at Holdo's planet :LOS

Faylo would also be a most suitable name.

8. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

Because he was so bad that fans dealt with the trauma by forging him into the villain, as that was the only way to bring balance to the saga, apparently.

9. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

No anakins social attachment disorder issues, his possessiveness and his use of emotional connections as a crutch is what drove him to the darkside. Anakins problem wasn't love, love of a son for a father he never knew and had every reason to hate is what ultimately destroy the Sith. A general love of life and the living force is what drove Qui Gon Jinn and Yoda's selfless empathy are what allowed them both to achieve immortality. Nomi Sunrider's love for her child and the men in her life is ultimately what destroyed the Sith in her period and so on.

Compare that to Palpatines psychotic narcissism, his extreme ego and "love of self" is ultimately what blinded him to Vader and got him hurled down a reactor shaft. Hell, the Jedi Order tends to suffer purges and collapse whenever they go extreme in terms of self denial and discipline.

Anakin Skywalker was a fucked up human being, Yoda and the Council were too dogmatic and orthodox to recognize that telling a guy whose got an intense fear of being alone that's prone to being irrationally resentful to just "bury his feelings" was not going to be very constructive. If someone like say Bastilla Shan or Sunrider or Odan Urr trained Anakin shit likely would have been very different.

10. Fang Titan

I'll point out that the events of TFA and TLJ take place over a few days at most and Kylo's utter obsession with getting Anakin/Vader's original lightsaber is completely ignored as a motivation or factor in TLJ once he has Rey showing up on Snoke's flagship. Rian can't keep plot points for shit in his story. Kylo simply not caring is just another nail in the coffin to me that the man simply decided to jump shark and not care at whatever was set up in TFA's mystery box.

Hell, the original trailers have Luke narrating that the Force is strong with his family and the last line is directed at Rey but that got shafted hard too.

11. Fang Titan

lol

12. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Oh look, its other of those "fans are to blame for not liking this movie.

Girl, I went to this movie WANTING to watch it, to the point I was willing to accept a gay Luke Skywalker and Mary Sue Rey becoming stronger than Darth Sidious in this film. They somehow managed to go below that bar.

Yeah, right. I am sorry, but you don't get to pull that shit for the 8th movie in a 12 movies triple trilogy that is part of a 30+ years saga.

13. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

The problem with Rey and I think a lot of people miss this. Isn't that she is super powerful, I mean we've had chicks go from zero to "savior of the galaxy" relatively quickly, Nomi Sunrider who was probably the most accomplished leader of the Jedi order in history save for Yoda and who a lot of the old EU loved comparing Yoda and Luke too (ie she seemed to be a benchmark?) was basically a soccer mom before she became a Jedi. Now, she was a lot more tolerable and enjoyable as a character, mostly because she had personality and a little depth. Her story was interesting, you wanted to find out what was gonna happen to her and her kid, her master Thon was six shades of awesome and embodied "judge me not by my looks" and her romantic entanglements weren't too annoying. Hell, as forced and poorly executed as Padme/Anakin was, Padme had personality, she had guts, she was an experience politician and it showed the few times she wasn't just a device to forward Anakins plot. Anakin himself was really annoying in the movies, but the character had moments where you felt for the guy, hated with him, raged with him, grieved with him etc etc. He had a soul even if it was a withered, stunted thing.

Rey is nothing..she has nothing, she's got no soul, she isn't even bland because to be bland requires having a personality. She is basically an artifice, a fucking moving point in the story to advance the plot...She's not alive, or vivid, her role in the story could easily have been filled by Poe Damerron who has the guts of Han Solo and the intrepid piloting skills, defiance and recklessness of both Anakin and Luke and he's got the spirit and drive to be a solid Jedi. Hell Finn has more of a reason to be the Last Jedi (urgh), he's essentially a slave soldier conscripted in his youth, brain washed and sent out to do murderous deeds that were against his inner nature which is inherently altruistic. He's got the instincts of a warrior and the wide eyed wonder at the galaxy you'd expect from a Jedi apprentice, from a knight to be. The ethos you;'d want in the founder of your new order and so on.

So not only do these characters fit the archetype of a Jedi, someone you want to pin the future of an order on, but they are established characters, with their own conflicts and story and obstacles an old life to overcome be it pride in Poe's case and being something more than a "mere fighter pilot" or in finns case, the fear of the darkness the FO represents to stand as more than just a run away and fight for those still trapped under their might. But they are also...you know..characters, Finn may be crummy but at least he is a character. So why Rey?

Hell, if it was as simple as needing a female lead you could have easily flipped Finn's gender and made her the new Jedi and not only are there a decent amount of young black actresses you could trust to give the character at least the same amount of life (probably more because lets be honest here, Boyega kinda sucks). So no, there was something more, I think they weren't interest in appeasing the female demographic with Rey because little girls grow up and by the age of like 11 you start to have a better grasp of fiction and you can tell she isn't a character..she's a really shitty living plot device. Young adults? Most of them are fawning over Kylo Ren or Poe or fucking Chewie because millennials are weirdos. So why does Rey exist? She doesn't appeal to girls beyond a certain age and I doubt most womenfolk give a fuck about her?

So why? What possible demographic could she possibly be designed for? Note that Rahcel Hurd-Wood an actress that both looks a bit like what you'd think a daughter of Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker would look like, is an actual talent with experience in the business, is young and is decently pretty (she has fucking stunning eyes) she was called to audition and then..was immediately passed over for Daisy Ridley an actress of comparable age with zero personal experience, a very stunted roster of facial expressions and ultimately not that pretty. Ontop of that Ridley has massive health problems, to the point where the companies that insured the movie were actually protesting her casting on the basis that they were worried she was going to fucking die on set (this is something that is glossed over and ignored and Ridley has only alluded too), so why cast a generic looking, limited performer with a severe set of ailments that put her at risk? There is no valid answer if you look at this from the perspective of showmen and entertainers crafting a story for the purpose of telling a story and making a fuckload of money...but if you're an SJW in a bubble..and the only feedback you get in your little echo chamber is from a certain..notoriously bland, ragey, hyper sensitive, weak and ultimately unremarkable corner of the net..then well it begins to make sense.

Rey wasn't created to be a central character in a story, whose trials, tribulations, struggles and victories all lead to the restoration of the Jedi and the ultimate and triumphant return of the light...Nope...she was a tumblr users understanding of what they think a character is. In all their bland, generic, boring, dull idiotically "inclusive while not really being" propagandist, nonsensical world views glory...the lame ass, generic art everyone mocks them for...The stupid views they have that even other progressives point and laugh at..their macabre glorification of disability and crippling impediments and their fetishistic praise of "non traditional beauty standards" and "strong female leads' (which are ultimately rather demeaning to women if you think a strong woman equals to having the personality of a wooden crate :skully) and its very clear Kennedy who was once a force of quality in the industry got drunk off her own ego and went looking for the loudest echo chamber she could find and her penchant for hiring wastrels and talentless hacks like Chuck Wendig and other sycophantic idiots..who frequent the same cesspits of the internet for validation and confirmation.

See, thats the problem with Rey, she was created for a demographic that is worthless, means nothing, contributes nothing and is such a minority they'd be lucky to get a few hundred bucks out of them..by people who were convinced their little gilded exile in that shithole bubble was indicative of the sentiments and desires of the whole fucking world and they forced this...worthless monstrosity on us and on a franchise that has been shaping pop culture for decades...a new and modern mythology, the new trilogy was supposed to the Aeneid, the Achaean's (the first order) had already destroyed Troy (the new republic) and the last of its mighty champions fell, consumed by his own despair and failings and it now falls on Aeneas to reform the line, rebuild and start a new. Only this time Aeneas isn't some bold hero and adventurer who thought gifted by the gods still struggles, naw she's a pointless, soulless...automaton that moves the plot forward in ways that could easily be done by competent story telling or by one of the aforementioned characters.

so yeah, Rey isn't a marry sue, she isn't even that "developed" she's a fucking thing...she is plot points with legs, a living Deus Ex machina..and people inherently dislike her because she isn't there...your senses see this weird desert dweller with a forehead Ted Danson, Kristen Stewart and Ron Pearlman would be impressed by but your brain, especially the critical part instinctively recognizes there's nothing there, you're looking at something that isn't supposed to be.

And that, ladies and gents is whats wrong with Rey...she's a piece of behind the scenes movement that was thrust into the spotlight where it never should be and like some fucking lovecraftian horror that shouldn't be...we as readers and viewers inherently reject her existence because she is a deconstruction of story telling without meaning to be.

in other words...Rey is a fucking fourth wall breaking Abeloth :skully

fuck her and fuck the Tumblr like fantards she was created for..that thing...pretty much kills star wars by its mere existence.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  14. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Jar Jar Binks was annoying, maybe unbearable, and theres that. Nothing else. He got pretty much shoved into the background in Ep II and was nigh non existant in Ep III.

Kylo, you can't ignore him, because he is one of the core characters of the film and has a core impact on them.

Ep VIII is like seeing Jar Jar overthrowing Palpatine and having to live with him as the main villain for Episode III (not even for a new trilogy, but for its home trilogy).

15. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

Its funny when you consider that a trilogy and creators obsessed with diversity, creates shit like Rey and the best they can come up with is Finn. Yet when Star Wars didn't gave a shit about that, we got Mace fucking Windu.

16. Mider T VM Rapist

17. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

The problem I have with this statement is that Jar Jar wasn't just annoying, he kept disrupting the tone for the rest of the movie. You have this big final fight where the hero is slain, but it's surrounded with the goofy shenanigans of Jar Jar, whicvh ruins the intended emotion. Kylo Ren might not be a good primary villain, but he doesn't have a toxic effect on the scenes he's not in.

Granted, I think it's kind of a pointless debate until we see what they do in the next episode, as they have to do something to make him as a credible final threat. J.J Abrams isn't Rian Johnson. He's not going to shake the status quota and formula demands that the stakes are completely against the heroes. Unless they introduce someone new, they'll have to find a way to make Kylo Ren threatening. If they pull it off, then would you agree that vindicates this problem that you have with these movies? I never minded Kylo Ren because I see him as a developing villain. In Episode 7, he's revealed to be nothing more than an insecure Vader wannabe. In Episode 8, he realizes that living in Vader's shadow is counter-productive. It is a step forward for his character development, but Episode 9 does need to complete his embracing of villainy. If only because J.J is a safe and reliable director, I think they'll pull it off...somehow.

It would've been interesting though if Rey's allegiance wasn't so clearly defined at the end of Episode 8, as it would've been funny if she became the villain of Episode 9. It would even be funnier if Kylo Ren was forced to become her servant and Finn had to step up to be the main hero.

18. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

Kylo first needs to build himself some hype before he can be wroth considered a monster.

I'm guessing he will either kill Chewbacca, Poe or Rose, possibly he may injure Rey.

Because right now he isn't worth calling a villain.

19. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

It wouldn't surprise me if he was originally supposed to kill Leia in Episode 9.

Another amazing ending is that it's revealed Kylo was Jar Jar Binks all along. I'd totally be down with Jar Jar's voice coming out of Adam Driver's mouth.

20. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

Probably, but now Uncle Chewy is all he has left.

21. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

22. Skaddix Well-Known Member

PREACH I TRADE FINN FOR LANDO OR MACE IN A FUCKING SECOND. And they call George the racist at least he kept his racist caricatures as fucking Aliens.

They wont even let Finn beat TR-8R meanwhile Mace got to put in work against fucking Palpatine. Heck Mace looked better against Palpatine then fucking Yoda and he got a unique lightsaber, Finn dont even own his jacket. And Lando was a king of cool with a fucking city and lead the Space Battle against Death Star II, Finn gets led around by fucking Rose, a supporting character.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  23. TrueG 37 Active Member

:hestonpls even China knows this film is shit.

24. Saishin Hajimemashite

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  25. Jouninja Well-Known Member

Anyways, I thought the newest movie was good. Would it have been better if the Luke scene wasn't a hologram, but that he actually blocked all those lasers with sheer force power, and had an actual lightsaber fight with Kylo? With blades clashing and everything? Then after some awesome swordplay, turn into force energy like Obi-Wan did in his final fight, once the others escaped or maybe he himself escaped but weakened? I don't know, I guess the way it went is still good since it represents the light side and it ultimately defends without attacking at all as it's best merit.

I think they are saving the awesome lightsaber fight for the final showdown of Episode 9?

No, I have not fallen to the derp side of the force or anything. Mockery leads to absurdity, absurdity leads to triggering, triggering leads to the DERP side of the farce.

26. Shiba D. Inu Will of the D.oge

27. RAGING BONER Rape Culture Enthusiast

are you mentioning Luke's Mirage scene because you think that's the biggest problem people have with the movie?

because I can tell you now that every scene -from beginning to end- is poorly thought out and terribly executed...with, ironically, little to no consequence to the overall story.
    Which after this fiasco leads one to wonder: What is the overall story_and do I even care now?

I hate to repeat myself (but I love doing things I hate): the blatant disrespect of the lore is the least of this movie's problems.

28. Fang Titan

TLJ is a convoluted mess and a steaming pile of MCU crappy "humor" shoved into it. The franchise is poisoned by it, and the Soylo movie is only going to make things worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  29. Shiba D. Inu Will of the D.oge

MCU humor is great, cant get enough of it

30. Fang Titan

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List