1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Starcraft: Ghost

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by theoneandonly, Jun 12, 2005.

1. theoneandonly

the game has been delayed till idon't know and I'm really want this game so badly...

Starcraft ghost is a third-person spy game, much like Splinter Cell. But this time you play as a Ghost from Starcraft (snipes, cloaks, launch a nuclear warhead...?) i think this game's gonna be great. any comments?

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX

I don't know about this game, it looks like it might be pretty good, but then again so did Warcraft III, and we all know how that turned out... well it wasn't too bad I guess.... uhh... too bad it won't be on PC.

3. Saurus

Yeah i saw i preview for the game, AGES AGO like about 1.5 years ago. U play as a female ghost (kerrigan??) And u have to infiltrate a bunch of crap...

Looks good

4. TheRamenEater

Yeah, I've been anticipating and looking for stuff on this game for a long time. The first preview I saw for it said coming November 2003. I believe the ghosts name is Nova, unless they changed it. Not too long ago I was lookin up some stuff for it. The multiplayer looks pretty good. There are 4 classes (for multiplayer mode, i don't think you can use the other ones during campaign): ghost, marine, firebat, and light infantry. ghost and light infantry are the only two capable of piloting the vehicles, if I remember right (there are some old favorites as well as a couple new ones). Marines and Firebats have more armor and are capable of using stronger weapons. Ghosts have a couple special abilities, including cloak. I think light infantry are the only ones who can see through ghosts cloaking, and they also have the biggest selection of weapons they can use.

5. theoneandonly

Ghost's name is still Nova. I've been waiting for it since... I've forgotten... It's been delayed several times, thats all I know. But I still can't wait for its release! You get to hijack vehicals XP Plus cloak and even go into a Zerg hatchery. I think they still have the shots up at Blizzard's Ghost site along with the pre-game concept art. Some of them look pretty wicked.

7. Ah B

I'm pretty sure this game comes out very near New Year's Eve. Check GameFAQS.
    They usually have updated release dates (when games are delayed).

8. Kucheeky Badkuya

They said this winter, it would come out. I doubt it.

9. misfits412

if ghost doesnt come out this winter and they delay it again im just gunna give up on it. but from what ive seen it may be worth waiting for

10. n8dogg

I admit that I thought the game looked terrible for a long time. But after seeing some of the newer trailers and screenshots, I must admit that I"m more impressed. I'm especially excited about the multiplayer mode.

11. Keramachi

This looks to be one of those games that never comes out. It looks great, but so did I was a big fan of Starcraft, though, so I'll keep an eye out for it.

12. TDM

I'm not getting it. The game isn't even for PC rofl.

13. Toadstule

This game does look pretty cool, but I pretty sure it will be delayed. AGAIN.

14. theoneandonly

this time blizzard announced that if by october of this year this game is still delayed, then the game will be developed for the next gen consoled (PS3 probably). i heard that the game's delay was caused by the development of Diablo III

15. CrazyMoronX

One could only dream of that being true. Personally, I'd rather get D3, than SC: Ghost.

16. Dionysus

Yeah. I'd rather have D3 as well. Though, I love sneaker games. How well SC:G stacks up to Thief in that category... I have my doubts.

By the way, I'm still looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever. :nuts

17. Buskuv Retired Staff

I doubt anything good will come of SC: Ghost, 'cause it doesn't seem to be very high of Blizzard priority list as of late. With their latest announcement of indefinate delay, I'm pretty sure Ghost is dead and decomposing in Blizzard studios.

18. theoneandonly

yeah i'd rather see Diablo III, or StarCraft II :amuse