1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

[Complaint] Stop fucking ignoring The Alley.

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by jayjay³², Oct 15, 2018.

1. jayjay³² Drug Addict

The Alley thread selection process for the Dumpster was a catastrophic failure.

We want you to go back to your private pruned threads section and bring back successful threads to the Dumpster (so people can read them for archival purposes) or for the process to be discontinued altogether.

Solutions:
    A) Any thread that had 10+ ratings on the OP is what we consider successful, put them in the Dumpster. OR
    B) Alternatively, retire the pruning process and bring all threads back.

One Alley mod retired after mishandling criticism and the other mod is ignoring the thread, therefore, we need other staff to intervene.

If this shit isn't taken care of, then I'm not posting in the section anymore. This is not how you treat posters who gave the section one hell of a debut, just makes us not want to come back and post in the section.

Tags:
  2. Nataly Goddess

Mary who has recently retired said that there was a possibility of a helper Mod for the section who will hopefully take care of the pruning process

Also this for a reference:
    So far Santi is in charge of the section along with GMod and Smods, but this discussion is something to consider for the next prune session if it will even happen.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  3. Azure Ihrat Thresher Retired Staff

why don't y'all tag someone who isn't retired :laugh

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. jayjay³² Drug Addict

C'mon, Nataly. If that shit was relevant, I would've brought it up. The Helper mod position narrative is a common tactic used by staff to delay simple processes and ultimately redirect the issues at hand when mods are being lazy.

Here is the issue: Great Alley threads are currently unfairly hidden.

Here is the solution: Mods need to bring them back.

Helper mods are irrelevant to this.

5. Nataly Goddess

That's why it's in the Q&C section so other staff members can be acknowledged

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. jayjay³² Drug Addict

7. Nataly Goddess

I mean that can be considered for the future.

As of right now, I understand and agree that the issue has not been solved and users are not able to access relevant threads after the pruning. And there were several worthy threads that need to be brought back.

8. sworder    

remove the prune, bring back all the threads

if a mod actually wants to do more work and create an area where the good threads go, then go ahead, but i don't agree with deleting every topic every few months

that's my suggestion

i don't expect much to come from the staff at this point, they can't keep anyone that actually cares

9. Azure Ihrat Thresher Retired Staff

Fair. I'm peeved at all the effort I put into growing the Alley and making it a nice place to post though. Be fucking fair. Just because OP, an individual poster, don't like a small thing doesn't mean mods need to bend over backwards to accommodate you and your massive glass ego.

Again, I respect good points when you make it, but I'm not fucking playing your distorted games. I hope y'all can work something out that makes everyone happy. Don't make your point like an abusive, gaslighting asshole and it will make the process much more fruitful for everyone involved.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

I proposed this as a short-term fix in another thread. Was planning to make a thread in HR soon.

11. Azure Ihrat Thresher Retired Staff

12. Azure Ihrat Thresher Retired Staff

Personally I'm not opposed to digging through the pruned threads and archiving the ones that fit the current criteria, you just need to find a person who will do it. It's a capacity issue that needs to be discussed internally - I've already brought it up but I don't have access to HR anymore.

And OP needs to stop throwing disproportional shit fits whenever things don't go exactly their way. The Alley wasn't being ignored. I nursed it like a kangaroo baby.

13. Azure Ihrat Thresher Retired Staff

i wonder why

14. jayjay³² Drug Addict

All of us put in effort in the Alley. We made great threads to give it a fantastic launch.
    I was being fair with you. I asked you for a compromise between the people of this section who made great threads and you, the active mod. You ignored the compromise, proposed new rules, and pretended you solved the problem. You didn't solve the problem, you ignored it, and trolled the feedback thread. And then retired, to avoid responsibility for the issue you created.
    Thanks for showing your true colors in such a fiery fashion. I could not care if you retired. You are not mature. You messed up, you complained about doing extra work to correct the catastrophic failure of the prune (despite volunteering for the position), and you insulted the regular posters of the section by not returning us our threads. Good luck with your future endeavors.

15. na good kush

Catdank Faction:
    we need a new alley mod
    santi cant do it alone
    i for one recommend
    not modding someone from the alley that will help connect with the community and enrich the environment
    but rather assigning modship to an already existing section mod from another section who has little to no involvement with the alley and will show little interest in furthering the section's growth and prospeirty
    it is the NF staff way
    yeah ♫ !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. sworder    

it really is time for WADmin (WADmod?)

17. SupremeKage Hunter x Hunter > ur fave

18. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

It might also be a good idea to mod two people. Robotkiller and Renee were a great team for the Blender from what I remember.

That might also stop folks from burning out, which seems to be more common than even back in the day.

19. Lewd Super Moderator

Nothing is perfect first time round. We'll take suggestions under consideration and improve for next time. You'll have to wait for Santi to discuss details.

I'm the new Alley mod

But really I agree we need a new mod in the Alley.

20. na good kush

Catdank Faction:
    how is a global mod a new mod of the section u fuckwit

man u guys are incompetent smh

THAT SAID

its gonna be

A) Kiseki
    B) Natty
    C) Chloe
    D) colours

bet :yousmart

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Nataly Goddess

This thread isn't much about discussing new Alley mods; however, a nomination thread in the section where the regulars can advocate for good candidates might be helpful.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  22. SupremeKage Hunter x Hunter > ur fave

23. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

24. Nataly Goddess

It was done in other sections and it was productive to say the least

25. Azure Ihrat Thresher Retired Staff

Santi seems very busy, he's also modding two sections. I'd agree with previous suggestions and advocate two mods that can be dedicated to the Alley at this point. I already shortlisted some of my picks.

26. dream kneepad prince Administrator

Time to embrace The future and create a script which counts the Ratings the first post gets and save those that have over x ratings. The rest get pruned in time.

27. Azure Ihrat Thresher Retired Staff

yeah you see, i am not scripting unless i'm getting paid

Xiammes could commission me for that since i owe him 2 more scripts for this teal username but you'll have to see if he wants to use his credit on that.

28. Lewd Super Moderator

I'm not going to speak for staff here, but I feel like this should be discussed openly since it's more a specific section issue rather than a global site issue. Pruning will probably stay since this was something we decided on doing when creating the section, but we can look to improve it for next time.

I know I'm saying a lot of nothing but I don't want to step on the toes of the staff who have a lot more investment in the section than me.

29. Lina Shields Look! A zombie!

This refers to the positive ratings received only, not the negatively related ones, yea?

Also, what was the initial criteria that were stated in order for threads to end up in the dumpster? Because that criteria should have been double checked before being implemented in the Alley pruning process if there were going to be these many problems arising from it.

30. jayjay³² Drug Addict

We don't really care about mods right now. We want our threads back. Then we'll talk about the fact that you guys are understaffed for the section.

It really isn't hard to go through 27 pages (even less if you change the setting) and bring back the 10+ rated threads, since there's only like 1 or 2 on every page and you just check the box.