1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter Vs. KoF Vs. Tekken

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by "Shion", Oct 22, 2006.

1. "Shion"

The best and most famous fighting games. But in your opinions, which is the best?:wink

Tags:
  2. MegamanXZero

Street Fighter for me, I love the series.
    Second would be Tekken and third KoF.

Shinkuu Hadouken !!!

3. bhdsfjvclzxkfcpdskfp

5. RockLee

Street Fighter Third Strike: Fight for the Future owns most, if not all fighters. Only contenders in it's class are Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (soon to be Virtua Fighter 5) and Guilty Gear XX: Slash (soon to be Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core).

King of Fighters comes in second, and Tekken, a distant third.

Thank ye kindly.

6. AFreak2005

We talking about their 3D games? If so, the order is Tekken>King of Fighters>Street Fighter EX.

7. BattousaiMS

It's the only game that has multiple features and various levels of combos with power moves depending the characters frustration, combo breakers and team support attacks. Street Fighter is more of a special move shooter game cuz most of the time knowing two of the moves suffice winning all the fights. Tekken has an indept fighting system but it also takes way to many directional button mashing to enjoy the battle and lacks more interesting characters.

The only one which I can beath KoF in terms of overall fighting game is MK Armageddon which has specials, combo breakers, fatalities, 3 different fighting style for each characters and best of all air to air combo and special's in 3d form which is pretty much a first. But the problem with the MK series is that it only had 3 really good games (MK2, MKA, MKD) while KoF had been pretty constant in its releases.

8. Astronaut

God I love that franchise.

9. Vegitto-kun

tekken, i generally don't like 2d fighters and I honestly don't see the point in street fighter, i HATE the character designs and animation

10. "Shion"

11. Shunsuii

12. competitionbros

Tekken
    King Of Fighters,

that's the order basically

13. Gunners

You know you can't step certain areas and say this? :amuse There is a point to street fighter much people like the game and it is cool to play against freinds, it is a good game.

Anyway I probably like Tekken the most out of the lot. I have a reason just don't have the time to go into it.

14. Supa Swag

If you say otherwise you are a devil worsipper.

15. Haohmaru

What's Tekken doing in the line-up? Virtua Fighter would be a better choice then Tekken.
    My favorite series is KOF but the best game is Street Fighter III third strike. I play KOF (not the later KOF's, just up to 98) more then SF III though.

16. Duy Nguyen

Street Fighter for me, but you would already guessed that.

This has been a long hard arguement since both companies were going at it and competing with one another. Capcom and SNK does their thing right, and it all depends on the player.

If you like zoning, poking, ticking, and mind games play SF. If you like rushing, jumping, and extravagant combos play KoF.

17. ez

street fighter for me

18. Powerman

Street Fighter 3rd strike is the best well rounded fighting game.

Street Fighter as a series is great.

Tekken 4 was one of my favorite fighting games, ever.

Tekken as a series has grown in such a great way, it's just getting better and better.

KoF is just... there...

19. Ssj3_Goku

I would have to say that Street Fighter is the most famus fighter, althoug the best for me is a tie between Street fighters and KOF ( King Of Fighters)

20. Pink Floyd

Well, I like King of Fighters more. More variety of characters and different moves.

21. Tone

This is a stupid thread. SF, KOF, Tekken.. they all play VERY differently.

SF = Mindgames

KOF = Rushdown

Tekken = Juggles

yeah. What do you like to do more?

22. Mighty-Whitey

sf3s is awesome fun gamelay and whatnot

kof i really dont know how to play it much i know hyperhop and all but I just dont spend enough time with it.

tekken I know nothing about gameplay wise so thats why its last in my book.

23. "Shion"

Firstly, if it is a stupid thread, why are you in it?

Secondly, how is Street Fighter a mind game?

24. Tone

It's a stupid thread because as I said, you're comparing three games that have completely different playing styles.

SF is primarily mind games due to the massive amount of zoning, pokes, baiting and such. The reliance on rushdown and big combos is significantly less than in games such as KOF or CVS2.

25. Vegitto-kun

i don't know, street fighter really seems slow, and the art and animation just sucks (horrors at the jump kick being something resembling a straight L)

26. MS81

I agree Rock I think 1.SF3rd strike is the best then VF4 evo.
    2.K.O.F. series(soon to be the type-x version) GGX slash I got the reload version of Chipp not much diff I love ex ver. better.

3.Tekken and DOA series I love those for fun but Competition those games reek.

27. Gunners

You find street fighter slow? I found that it moves a little bit fast to be honest. Also the animation isn't bad I kinda like it. I guess to each his own, but I am supprised that people find it slow still, I probably have crappy reflexes.

28. Duy Nguyen

Go on youtube and look up Daigo. Watch his ST matches against John Choi and Alex Valle, just bare with the O.Sagat matches because all O.Sagat matches are long and repetetive, but watch Daigo's Balrog tear shit up. You can also watch some of his 3rd Strike matches as well, still tops.

Capcom animations aren't bad, you should bag on SNK for using pretty much the same sprite since forever. Well that might change soon, cause a recent rumor said that the next KoF game is going to have brand new sprites, but we'll see if they can top 3rd Strike's graphics.

Shion: Lets take 3s for example since it has the most mind games out of all the SF games and pretty much a lot of other games. Now lets say I pick Ken (most likely I will), and I land a knockdown on the opponent at the corner. Here are my options:

1. I can s.mp-s.hp hit confirm to super or dragon punch
    2. Throw
    3. Short short super
    4. Dash back c.mk xx super
    5. Walk out of throw range and in c.mp into super link
    6. Overhead kick linked into super
    7. UOH, quite possibly position for the UOH super
    8. Tick throw
    9. Walk back wait, block, and see what they do for further analysis

There are more, but those are the most common I do. Now, for the counter on the enemies part when he gets up. He has to guess what he has to do in order to protect himself or counter. All of the options stated above that hits the waking up opponent can be parried or block. Parrying is the less favorable being that you would have to guess to parry high or low, guess wrong, and you'll eat a super or a followed dragon punch. To counter a throw attempt from me the aggressor is to throw back, but what if I choose the hitting option instead, he'll get hit trying to throw on wakeup and eat a combo. The dash back or wait option is to see what he does. Once I dash back and I see him whiff a throw or move, I can c.mk xx super on reaction, or wait for him to mess up and counter. Same thing for the knocked down opponent when he wakesup and block. If I throw, he'll eat the throw, if he blocks high he'll eat a low attack, if he block low he might hit a high attack, again guess wrong and you'll eat it.

That's just a gist of 3s mind games by playing rock, paper, scissors. The only character I know that can just mess you up with only 2 mixup options is Chun-Li. She can one Kara-Throw (HUGE bullshit range) you or c.mk xx super granted she has the meter. It is soooo scary to get hit by a c.mk cause it's easily hit confirmable to super that you will just sit aruond and wait for a c.mk, but she'll kara-throw and you'll eat a throw and reset her mixups. Other characters has some very extravagant mixups, for example Makoto, but I'm too lazy right now to explain some Makoto bullshit.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  29. Chamcham Trigger

I like all 3, but I give Street Fighter the win by far. The matches all come down to mind games in the end for street fighter...at least for 3 it does. KoF comes in second with Tekken coming in third.

30. Roy

I preferr Street Fighters than Tekken and KOF :amuse