1. Alley-Chan contest
    Join us in the Alley's anthropomorphizing contest!
    Deadline for entries is on May 31th at 4pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragon Ball Banner Contest
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is June 24 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Strongest character seen so far?

Discussion in 'Tokyo Ghoul' started by Tempproxy, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Tempproxy

Is it Arima or Eto? In their fight at the end of part one it was hard to call. Was Eto being serious or was she merely stalling and then bowed out before things got heated. If I had to call it I would say Arima took that one as he just came across as untouchable but others might feel differently.

Tags:
  2. santanico

3. SkitZoFrenic

Eto Full Kakuja was pretty fuckin overpowered. Arima is as well...especially since he "won" in their fight.

4. GIORNO

Eto and Arima.

Until we see more from them I think they both have a high likelihood of being the strongest.

Though I think Arima might be on the decline considering he's trying to have a CCG Investigator groomed to be superior than him.

5. Datassassin

I'd like Eto to prove to be the strongest so far though because Arima's unexplained pointless strength is just stressful.

6. Romanticide

7. Vitriol

I dont understand how people think eto > arima

He destroyed her even without ixa ._.

8. GIORNO

What....?

He tagged her once, and this was before she realized he was there.

After that neither of them tagged each other and both of them went on the offensive once each until she left with Kuzen to which he tried to pursue her and failed. He wasn't even capable of injuring her with his first attack, by the way.

9. Ghost

1. Arima
    2. Eto
    3. Kuzen
    4. Kaneki

imo

10. GIORNO

Yet he was stalemated by Eto.

How can he be called the strongest if he's canonically not superior to someone?

:geg

Also Ken wasn't even stronger than Sachi, much less could he be stronger than Uta, Noro, Tatara, etc.

11. Ghost

Sachi was stronger than pre-Kakuja Kaneki. I'm fairly certain Arima fight Kaneki was the third strongest Ghoul. I don't really see where this Uta hype is coming from. Always thought he is S-rank at best. Noro and Tatara give me that SS-rank vibe.

12. GIORNO

Shachi is seemed sufficiently stronger than most SS.

Uta was able to keep up with Yomo whose SS without his Kagune. If that portrayal isn't ridiculous I don't know what to tell you.

13. Ghost

Where did you get that Shachi is SSS and Yomo SS? I don't remember it mentioned in the manga? :hmm

edit. Shachi is SS level. Aogiri didn't manage to get to the SSS level in Kokuria when they raided it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  14. GIORNO

Shachi was a typo, I meant SS.

Nevermind Yomo, that was me mixing my speculation with canon. :lmao

It's 'cause Ayato is SS, Nishiki is S~, and Shuu whose S. He seems stronger than all of them to me. I'd be really surprised if he was weaker than Ayato considering he was capable of living in the 4th Ward and tussling with Uta.

15. Ghost

Ayato has always been very strong for his age. He was like 15 in part 1 and already S rank. Yomo and Uta probably have already reached their prime and I don't see them being much stronger than Woof woof and Demon Ape who both were SS rank and weaker than Kaneki (without using Kakuja).

16. Vitriol

She fought one on one with him and she lost a leg and she certainly knew he was there, he outright beat her in the clash. She ate kuzen and escaped because she knew he was superior. There's no other explanation; bottom panel shows her leg gone and she probably instantly calculated she wasn't going to win. Getting Kuzen was the ultimate objective not killing Arima.

17. GIORNO

For his age, yeah. But he's not a veteran like Yomo. Renji and Kaya were kind of disappointing but like I said, Yomo and Uta have better portrayal, and Uta having far better hype.

Uta has been one of the only Ghouls who can live in 4th Ward, that means A LOT. It's known as an inhabitable place where Ghouls cannot live whereas he's been there for a long time. He's never shown his Kagune and has been able to keep up with Yomo and the others which is not something one should take lightly.

Considering Uta has constantly been shown as this villainous, sinister person who cares about nothing but chaos and is constantly trying to pull the strings behind the scenes to create further chaos I don't see why people think he's tame.

I mean the dude ran the 4th Ward without releasing his Kagune, a place literally uninhabitable by Ghouls because it's a death zone. :lmao

Her intent was not to fight Arima, it was to take Kuzen. She was not fighting with the intent to kill or even injure Arima whereas Arima was trying to stop/kill her, albeit, his demeanour is dubious.

He cut her leg off which had literally no effect.

He didn't demolish her, nor was she even fighting seriously. He got in her way and she was forc d to tussle with him for a short period of time. He had a better portrayal, but he didn't destroy her nor did she fight with the intent to kill whereas he was most likely fighting with the attempt to kill her, all things considered. The two mindsets and goals are a huge factor in the outcome of their fight and considering she was able to heal within seconds which means losing limbs are the equivalent of superficial wounds to her meaning Arima's attack was impressive, but not as impressive as you make it out to be.

Ghouls are able to fight recklessly, they have regenerative abilities. She has no reason to be as defensive as Arima does because she knows she can heal a limb within seconds.

18. Vitriol

Actually, those are fair points. But Arima wasn't exactly in a different mindset than usual, he looked quite casual infact. But the fact that he still won the clash even though she may have been careless means she can't be far above him otherwise she would've considered him as trash like the rest but she knew he'd be a handful or at least the fact she just didn't destroy him means she considered she could lose otherwise why wouldn't she stay for more fun? she'd been wasting time eating people until then anyway.

Because of that I'd say we just can't know since we've seen practically nothing of her and what we have seen, Arima looked better even without IXA. I'd put them joint top coz of lack of info imo.

19. GIORNO

Yeah which is why I said his demeanour as dubious. He's a very emotionless, ruthless killer. We may not be able to distinguish when he has the intent to kill as a result. He's been shown in JACK to have the intent to kill Ghouls without necessarily acting in a bloodlust we mindset, or at least not visibly. I was never saying Eto was stronger, I was saying Eto and Arima were equals, at least roughly. Neither of them would be able to take one another carelessly, you could tell both of them knew that. One reason why I think that Eto may have acted more recklessly than if they were one-on-one without any hindrances is because she was trying to take Kuzen away for whatever she has planned with him. Arima looked slightly better because he cut her leg off, but if you take into consideration how fast she regenerates, she probably knows that she can lose a limb and be fine. Not that it's a smart decision but she's not as calculating as Arima nor does she have to be. Both are exceptionally strong fighters in their own rights.

20. Vitriol

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you but I still hate how if she was just being careless it was on purpose even when knowing who arima was.

Also she didn't actually regen the leg instantaneously, only after she came out of kakuja(correct me if I'm wrong) I dunno if hers is as instant as noro's but we don't know how his even works.

21. GIORNO

Well it kind of fits her character rather than her being meticulous, cunning, and careful.

It wasn't instant regen, but it was very fast. Well, assuming there wasn't an extended period of time between when Arima stopped chasing her to when she dropped Kuzen and came out of her Kakuja form. It's kind of hard to tell it her Kakuja form is independent of her human form, as in if she has her limbs torn off in Kakuja form it doesn't effect her human form or if they're both the same body. I think it's either the former or it's like Eren's Titan Shift where her main body is covered in her Kakuja form and the damage done to her leg didn't even effect her because it didn't touch her human form.

22. Vitriol

Hmm, I'd prolly go with your last idea because of the way the kakuja sort of disintergrated rather than morph back(dunno how else to describe)

But in the panel I think you see SFX on her saying ow so it must effect her slightly I suppose.

23. GIORNO

Yeah, it's hard to tell. Maybe it's something new that we've (at least I've) yet to see before in anime.

24. santanico

Eto said Arima was scary lol. still. Eto is a beast

25. GIORNO

A lot of stuff like that needs to be taken with a grain of salt though.

She could have been merely commenting on the fact that in contrast to the fodder she was fighting, she knew Arima was know joke. She could have also been genuinely fearful of Arima. She also could have been looking down on him.

It's hard to gauge statements like that as they're ambiguous.

26. santanico

she still fled from him tho *shrug*

27. GIORNO

Yeah but not because she was scared of him or anything.

She fled because her intent was to get Kuzen, not fight Arima.

28. Quuon

Arima fended off Eto with Mid-Difficulty at most. The guy is a beast, and the strongest character seen so far in the manga.

29. Morglay

Arima is the strongest character seen so far. Eto is second in my opinion.

30. santanico

she stayed long enough 2 fight most of the CCG right until Arima showed up, c'mon now :sag

:noworry