1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Strongest version of Aqua-Man that Namor can beat

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome' started by Fang, May 15, 2018.

1. Fang Titan

Where Namor Sitting at? Large Planet level or what?
    New 52 Arthur should suffice

3. Fang Titan

Both Namor and Post-Crisis Arthur are sort of in this weird place where they can trade blows with Heralds perfectly fine but lack certain requisites to stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Captain Marvel (Billy) and Thor.

Namor has the advantage of flight, so range is his. But he doesn’t have any ranged attacks like heat vision or lightning that I know of so he still has to go to CQC that shit.

Namor traded blows with Hercules and Hyperion on occasions, though they are both superior to him, while Aquaman has gone H2H with Martian Manhunter and Despero (who are also superior to Arthur)

Pretty 50/50, even their tridents are roughly equal.

I heard Pre-Crisis Aquaman was weaker but I doubt that shit more than a Californian Dad doubts his daughters claims that she’s a virgin

6. Toratorn Well-Known Member

How many time one needs to get in fights with heralds to be considered a herald himself?

Namor had fights with people like Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Sentry, Wonder Man, Red Hulk, Savage Hulk, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Blastaar, Black Bolt, Hercules, Nerkkod (a Worthy who was strong enough to hurt Silver Surfer), Captain Marvel, Super-Skrull, Terrax once IIRC, etc.

Aquaman (Post-Crisis) had fights with guys like Lobo, OMACs, Power Ring, Kyle Rayner, Despero, Olympian (same guy who whooped MMH), MMH himself, some dude who stole Superman's powers, Maxima, pretty sure he also had something of a fight against an Imperiex Probe.

Regardless, I don't think Namor can win a fight against PC Aquaman simply because of Arthur's telepathy.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  7. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

Namor likely has superior strength feats honestly, the fact that he basically one shot the Skrull blackbolt that even WWH had issues with and the times he's torn through Ironman armor in ways that even other Herald class guys wouldn't ordinarily do. Knocking out Savage Hulk in a suicide ram and shit...

Problem is IIRC Namor doesn't exactly have much in the way of resistance to telepathy does he? So Arthur can probably shut his brain off or devolve him into a monkey shark before Namor can fully beat him to death.

I basically see it as 70/30. Namor can more or less beat most versions of Arthur to death fairly quickly (and he's got his own lightning powers and shit) but he struggles with the mind raper on the tougher versions.

Considering Namor slaughtered Skrullbolt and has hung in there against people Gladiator take notice of...I doubt that any version of Arthur beats him in strength.

8. Toratorn Well-Known Member

The best thing I remember is Namor forcefully expelling Strange from his mind (while simultaneously breaking free from Crimson Bands of Cyttorak).

9. Sir Jogga Duke of Inanity

It’s just that they’re more along the lines of the Hulk when it comes to being a Herald.

10. Toratorn Well-Known Member

Huh. Noted. Hulk-like herald as in physically fit to be on that tier yet lacking the versatility and hax common for heralds?

If Namor can be considered a herald tier, could Thing be considered one as well? He clocked more heralds in his time than Namor did, that's for sure. Namor included.