1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Submit questions for Maile Flanagan (Uzumaki Naruto)!

Discussion in 'The Konoha Times' started by Tazmo, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazmo The Supreme Cheese

NarutoFan.com will have the chance to interview Maile Flanagan, the voice actress of Uzumaki Naruto from the Naruto anime series coming to Cartoon Networks Toonami this September 10th, and YTV in Canada on September 16th. Maile has very graciously agreed to answer questions submitted by Naruto fans around the world. If you would like to ask Maile a question you can submit it via email and we will look through them and pick the best ones to ask her! In the email please be sure to include your name or username (whichever you want to say the question was asked by) and where you are from. We would like to thank Maile for not even hesitating to take time out of her schedule to do this. Submit your questions to this address:

Tags:
  2. NecroManc3r Guest

Thats nice. Now tell us something we care to hear...

Im sorry I must have failed to see what was so great about you.

Some ppl seem to think its blasphemy for saying that no one really cares about this no name actor and she sure in the hell doesnt care about the naruto fandom =/

This topic gets two thumbs down.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  3. Sayo The Hedgehog

and i thought naruto was a guy :/

lol shut up.

well here's a Q. why have a guy's voice done by a girl?

4. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

I thought that the Japanese VA was a gal, as well? :huh

You cared enough to post something here :p

Q: Have you ever read/watched the Japanese series?

[edit]wtf...ergh...didn't see the e mail there...ignore the above post. :tem

5. Sayo The Hedgehog

. . . . .

i realy dont understand the logic in that :S

6. PATMAN ASDganp90 sd(*)(* 0989()*)

Hello, my name is pat, What is narutos middle and if naruto was a girl, what type of hair band would he wear? Thank you for your help.

7. Bobku Blue Beast of Konoha

did u know that goku and gohan and goten were done by a girl? and bart simpsons

8. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Naruto is gonna have a voice of a girl? Another reason why the dub sucks.

I have a question for her, ask her why the hell is she going through this acting? There is going to millions upon millions planning her death.

9. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Dub hate much?

Did you know the Japanese Orochimaru is a girl? Not to mention the Japanese Naruto.

10. Anki Rendan ポケモントレーナー/Pok?mon Trainer

My question to her is if she tries her best to imitate the Japanese actress or does she try and come up with her own voice for Naruto?

Maybe someone can word this better, I dunno. XD

11. Prodigy-child :P

Naruto's original Japanese voice is played by a woman. A woman--Takeuchi Junko.

And a lot of anime shows whether it is the English dub or original Japanese version have females playing males. A lot of times young boys. Junko Takeuchi has played some other male roles such as Gon from HunterxHunter, Mokuba Kaiba in Yugiou, Takuya from Digimon Frontier. And there are some Japanese female actresses who don't just voice boy but even men. Megumi Ogata is a great example. She played Kurama from YYH, Yuki from Fruits Basket, Yue/Yukito from Card Captor Sakura.

12. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

I don't watch the subbed anime. I read teh manga. Naruto and Bleach are the only animes I don't watch, I read the mangas instead. I am a One Piece fan, all of the oNe Piece fans were screwed over with the dub and the Inuyahsa dub.

13. Utz Allure in the Wind

Most Japenese + English dubbed voices for the younger characters are done by girls since it suits them better.

And this is cool news! Thanks Tazmo, looking forward to seeing that interview :amuse

14. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Ive heard a compilation of her various roles.

trust me she sucks.

how about, 'How do yuo feel about taking on a role where you are guaranteed to let down 90% of the series's fans?'

15. KK Guest

Hey everyone...*throws dirty unmentionables in the crowd*
    An email address was included for a reason. You all fail to realize that if your questions suck, they won't be submitted. Now disperse.

16. Sayo The Hedgehog

do you have an interesting Q. for miss ozumaki?

17. KK Guest

If I do, I'll email it. :tem

18. Ultimate_Idiot Inbreeding chocobos since FF7!

The person who does Ash's voice (U remember pokemon!) is a girl. Also, thx to tazmo!
    ( l l,)b NICE GUY POSE!!! But anyways, why are we posting questions here rather than
    e-mail?

19. Anax Ονειροβάμων

To anyone on this thread complaining about the English dubs: You should hear the Greek ones!! Once Goku and Vegeta's VAs where switched for half an episode!! Not to mention how few VAs we have on the anime scene... that's why the same actor gets to do more than one voices often in the same series (almost the case with all special appearnces like characters that only show up for one episode). And the if you ask me about Greek actors in general? I'm not sure if they all suck or is it the Greek directors (because if you watch certain shows, like "Shine" which ended a few days ago after some 12-13 seasons, you will notice all the actors suck in the same way...).

On subject: That is really great!! I'll ask her something general because I won't have a chance to watch the dubs and judge her (though I don't like dubs of any kind, not even when the film is French or German!).
    *opens mail page*datte bayo

20. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

I have one.

Given that she is new, can she give us an exert of Naruto's dubbed voice imitiation? (maybe you can record it and post on the website or something so we can get an idea of how Naruto's dub voice will sound like).

21. Kno7 o.O

Do you visit the narutofan.com main site? A link to a video was posted.

Get the video here.
    music media section

judging by those 3 words she say, she doesn't seem to grasp naruto's voice, but maybe that's just me.

22. Ah B Member

I think the part where she said "what is this" is maybe when he sees Mizuki try to kill him/Iruka at the end of the first episode? I'm hopeful that's not how Naruto sounds throughout the dub regularly.

23. Lammy 

Awesome, Naruto sounds like... um, well how I'd expect him to sound for a US dub. It's good, kinda like Ash Ketchum from Pok?mon.

Anyway on to the question, from BandanaDan, or Daniel if she'd prefer:

24. skmt999 4th Division Captain

Did you email that off to the site? I'd like to know about the moustache too. That would be cool for the later seasons. Like as soon as Lee starts getting taller, we need some way to tell the two apart. The Moustache would work nicely. :laugh

Yeah, email that off if you haven't, Danny-boy. We'll be waiting with bated breath.

25. Ah B Member

I wonder if they even know about Gai yet, seeing as how they didn't license a lot of episodes.

26. Lammy 

Haha opps, almost forgot to email, sent it is ^_^

27. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

I have a some questions, Is Yondaime the Akatsuki leader? Is Yondaime still alive? Is Gaara dead? Ever thought about dieting? When do you think Sasuke will appear in the manga? Does Kakashi have mangekyou? Is Orochimaru stronger than Itachi? Who is the strongest ninja alive?

Thanks Maile!

Sincerely,
    Master Hiko​

28. DeathIsComing Nobody loves me. awsome!

they picked females to do the VA for younger guys because they'll sound like they're, well, young. i mean, if a 30-something grown-ass man did Naruto's voice, then he'd sound VERY old for a 12 years old. come on, he hasnt reached puberty yet. got it?:leepose

a question to the voice actress. do you watch any anime series? if so, what's your favorite? and did you ever go to an anime convention?

29. Ardus Sax and the City

How much do you weigh? Do you work out?

30. occasionalutopia Active Member

Best question yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.