1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Suikoden V...!

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Taciturnity, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Taciturnity

I don't know if many of you are fans of the series but just in case...

I was really disappointed with Suikoden IV (Beat it just for the hell of it and haven't touched the game since) and as a result I'm slightly discouraged in the quality of future Suikoden's. I'm really hoping the developers learned from their mistakes with SIV so that SV will actually have an nteresting story and well-developed characters (Which is what made Suikoden I and II so great originally)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
    Tags:
  2. theoneandonly

yeah i hope Suikoden V will be better...

3. Prince Leon

The link doesn't seem to be working but yeah, I'm happy to hear some news on Suikoden V at least. I'm currently playing Suikoden IV and so far I've been enjoying myself.

4. Mongoloid Gnome

I own Suikoden IV and I'm afraid to play it because of the horrible comments I keep hearing about. I enjoyed Suikoden III a LOT, but I'll start IV soon anyway.
    I like the hero's weapon, it's one of those triple nunchakus (sorry, dunno about the real name), don't like his "shoes" tho ¬¬

5. ageofdarkness

Suikoden I and II were truly grand games. III and IV were fun as well, but not on the level of those first 2.

But yeah, I'm still looking forward to Suikoden V. :)

I'm a very loyal fan of the series. :p

6. Sir.Cruz

I can't wait for Suikoden V!:tem

Too bad they probably won't have Futch in it though. :sad

But all the other parts of the series were great. Suikoden: II being the best while Suikoden: 4 was the worst. The odd numbers are where it's at.

7. Duy Nguyen

Aaaahhh...bless Konami and their greatness.

8. Prince Leon

Now the picture is working and it looks sooo good. ^^ Can't wait til it's released!

9. CrazyMoronX

Suikoden IV wasn't THAT bad... I mean... it was... err... ok it wasn't that good either. Heck, I didn't even finish it, and I was at the last part of the game. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to V, and Suikoden Tactics, sure it's based around the world of Suikoden IV, but I'm in hopes it will be good... I don't want to see the series suffer anymore.

10. Mongoloid Gnome

TGS info:

The old party system is back: 6 characters. Not sure if it'll be buddy system like in Suiko3, but I doubt it.

There are Skills as well.

You will collect 108 stars as always.

Georg Prime is back (yay!!!)

Weapon Range system is back as well (Short, Medium and Long range weapons)

The Queen (Arshtat Falenus) of Falena is a mad bitch with a true rune (the Sun Rune), she destroyed a town named Lord Lake, not sure if it is the rune that is evil in nature (mostly like it), it is said that she's respected among the people as a good ruler. Her Palace brights night and day and it's called the Palace of The Sun.
    I'm not totally sure about this, maybe the rune bearer is the own Palace, it's not impossible considering the "Star Dragon Sword", it may have driven the Queen crazy or something like that.

There are other characters as seen in the first scan:
    The Hero is the prince of Falena but is not the heir to the trone, because he is a... man. Yep, even though he doesn't look like one anyway...

His younger sister is the heir to the trone, there also the Hero's aunt (Syaries) and a bodyguard of some sort called Miakis (she protects the princess I guess).

All the info was taken from forum.

There are new pics as well, I'll post then later, or maybe another suiko fan could find some :)

Right now, all I need is Viki confirmation and a decent map, also, good S-Battles would be great, no fucking random battles every minute would be good as well.

11. Manetheren

Suikoden Overload...

Suikoden I+II for the PSP (1 disc collection)

Rhapsodia (Suikoden Tactics)

Suikoden V

Plus the new video for V looks soooo nice. I cannot wait.

12. Mongoloid Gnome

Oh yeah... The video for Suikoden V ->

I'm not linking it directly because in this particular case that would be lame. The link is in one of the first news posted and it's 33MB.

Meh, not so many Suiko fans around heh?

13. Taciturnity

I saw the trailer a couple of days ago and I gotta say I'm looking foward to this game very much.

14. Prendergast

sun rune?! oh my goodness!! that sounds way too cool. i thought the true element runes were kick arse. can't wait for this one.

15. Kawaii-Chin

im hoping suikoden 5 will be more of a challenge in part 4 a character could level up at least 10 times if he is in a tough area and they need to change the way the main character runs. wacthing that made me angry

16. theoneandonly

hmm... maybe they include the characters from suikoden II! i hope they do :p

17. Taciturnity

So far George Prime is confirmed to be a returning character from Suikoden II, but for some reason he has an eye-patch, which was notably absent in SII.

There's a good chance Killey, Lorelai, and of course Viki (Very good chance for her, just watch the intro of the 10 minute trailer at gamestop.com) and Jeane returning, although nothing's been confirmed yet.

18. The Sandwich Prince

This is going to be a good game. The first three rocked (Especially if you keep up with the series), and I've yet to play the fourth (I hear the sea travel = hell), but I'm sure the story has to be interesting if it involves a true rune at least.

19. Id

I love sukidon 2, My team consisted of Ted, Hero (the new one) Joey ( I think thats his name? oh yeah and i Sharked him!) Permasaga, Mazgus (that one Wizard you get at the end) and That one dude from the fist game that had the lighin rune.

With those 3 it was overkill and beat the game utter ease (havein 3 true runes help!)

Hope suikdon 5 will kick ass to, (crosses his fingers)

20. Mongoloid Gnome

Viki will be in it. In the intro a girl sneezes and asks where is she, yay!

21. Duy Nguyen

Nah, wanna know overkill?

Front Row:
    Viktor (Killer and Double Beat Rune)
    Pesmerga (Double Beat Rune)
    Georg (Killer and Double Beat Rune)

Back Row:
    Hero (Blue Gate, Bright Shield, and Double Beat Rune)
    Clive (Killer and Double Beat Rune)
    McDohl (Blue Gate, Soul Eater, and Double Beat Rune)

Viktor and Georg was seriously the best melee character in the game, they were unbelievably strong, especially Georg. Also great to hear he's returning. Pesmerga was there because he was the game's best tank and he looks badass. No comment on the Hero, he's beastly. Clive was a great character, I think he has the highest SKL in the game, and he once attacked 6 characters at one time 4/6 being crits and he attacked all 6 of them again due to Double Beat once again with 3-4/6 being crits. McDohl was broken.

22. TwinFang

Yes!

I was afraid the series may have seen its end after the solid if unspectacular IV.

...although I'm not sure if I hate these games for all the hours they suck up of my life trying to find all the stars ^^.

23. Taciturnity

The music and character designs are kicking all sorts of ass.

Download the music here:

Check out the gorgeous character designs here:

24. Sasuke X

Suikoden IV is so far the series weakest title that I've played, the world map with random battles virtually every 2 seconds was a joke, not a very funny one at that. I never bothered to finish it, it was that bad. :-/ I'm hoping Suikoden V brings back some of the Suiko II glory.

I'm a big fan of Suikoden I & II. I played Suikoden II first, then some years later I brought Suikoden I for ?60 on eBay since it's so damn rare. Suikoden III never came here, sadly... it looked pretty good.

The Suikoden V trailer that I've seen didn't do much for me. Still, I'm hoping it'll be good enough to regain some of my respect for the series.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  25. Lord Yu

I have owned all the suikoden games. I even bought suikoden 4(I had money and time to kill)I'm certainly getting this one.

26. Duy Nguyen

Suikoden III was good. Sure the fighting system was a bit bleh, but you'll get use to it, and the story was orgasmically good.

27. jkingler

Suikoden III introduced me to the series, and now I want more :sweatdrop

Oh, holy fuck...if this is anything like FFT, but with Suikoden characters...:faint

P.S. Are there PSP emulators? If so, I may need to get Suikoden I and Suikoden II :amazed

P.P.S. Jacques is the most awesome character ever :laugh

28. Mongoloid Gnome

"Suikoden Tactics" (likely it'll be the name of the NA version) a.k.a Rhapsodia is for the ps2 and was released some months ago in japan.
    The game looks good and said to be quite hard, wich is very good IMO, since in Tactical games the battles plays an important role. Can't wait for it and Suikoden V, both look friggin amazing and I think Suikoden V is gonna rock.

29. CrazyMoronX

I liked Suikoden I, I liked Suikoden II, I liked Suikoden III, I even liked Suikoden IV up to a point... it had problems, and I never bothered finishing it.

Suikoden V better bring us back to the glory days of Suikoden II (the best of the series IMO), and then Suikoden Tactics, well the only other tactics game I'm looking forward to more is Capcom x Namco, or possibly Disgaea 2.

30. Duy Nguyen

^You should finish up SIV since ST takes place before, during, and after SIV. As for Capcom x Namco, don't put your hopes up, it's not coming to America, so your best bet is to just import it from Japan. The game has been out for months now, and I guess the majority of the people have come to acceptance that Namco isn't making an overseas version of it.