1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Super Mutant (Fallout) vs Brute (Halo)

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Ultra, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Ultra Revolutionary Booga

Scenario One: SM vs Brute, no armor. Super Mutant gets a Minigun, super sledge, and Light machinegun; Brute gets Brute shot, spiker, and a gravity hammer.

Scenario Two: No armor, no weapons.

(May add additional scenarios later).

Who wins?

Tags:
  2. NemeBro I is unicorn

Super Mutants are kind of lacking in feats at the moment.

Halo tech is also superior to Fallout tech.

Brutes, as well as being stronger than a Spartan, are faster than a Super Mutant.

3. Raidou Kuzunoha Strongest

I can one shot a SM in the head with a shotgun. Brutes on the other hand can go to Hell. :pek

4. Ultra Revolutionary Booga

Brute weapons have more of a primitive style though, I don't think they have too much of an edge.

I remember brutes being able to leap hella far, but what speed feats do they have? I remember Brutes being stronger than Spartans in-game but in the general series spartans are way beastlier.

You must be playing on easy :pek. Unless Super Mutant strength varies from game to game or somethng.

5. Raidou Kuzunoha Strongest

Bloody Mess Perk helps. And this always happens in FO3 and NV.

6. NemeBro I is unicorn

The weaponry you gave the Super Mutant is relatively tame compared to what the Brutes have.

That's already a better speed feat than any Super Mutant's, honestly.

I was under the impression that Brutes were physically stronger than Elites, who generally are stronger than your average Spartan, or equal at least.

7. Bit Sean It's true, it's true

Make this Fawkes and he solos Halo-verse with his ridiculous HP and his infinite ammo laser minigun shenanigans.

Seriously though, I'd give this to the Brute.

8. Ultra Revolutionary Booga

Then again I do always play on hard, sometimes I forget that :lmao. But without V.A.T.S I think I would hate those things and their beady heads much more.

Super mutants can sprint really faster than the speed the brutes can leap, as far as I can remember, but the leaping seems like a better physical feat.

Some higher elites match spartans, but the vast majority are weaker. Unless you're talking about game cheif.

9. OS The Entity

Supermutants don't do much but try to shoot you. A brute flips vehicles and dem gravity hammers.

10. DarkBladex96 X96

well in space yea, on the ground UNSC and covenant are the epitome of shit, almost as bad as the federation from Star Trek.

A barrage of Covenant plasma weapons cant melt glass.
    There effective range tend to be less then 300 meters.
    UNSC weapons have just barely advanced past what we have now, plus they design vehicles terribly.

Whereas Fallout weapons are a mix between modern weapons and laser/plasma weaponry. Fallout has actual laser weapons used in ground combat by the super mutants which pretty much mean no dodging it and those beams are strong enough to reduce enemies to ash.

well only chieftains have gravity hammers and no, canonically no creature in halo except really big hunters and really big flood can flip a tank.

Most spartans are capped at around 2-5 tons bench press IIRC.

Id have to give this to the Super Mutant for the sole reason that they are much better armed. The average brute is barely armored and has no shield at all. All of thier weapons are ballistic in nature and infinitely shittier then their modern day counterparts (the official stats given for a spiker make it barely as good a a Beretta 9mm).

Super Mutants are highly resilient to everything Brutes have.

You could probably kill brutes with M1 Garands if you could maintain composure.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  11. Colonel Awesome Lol

Is there a quantifiable durability for BoS Power Armor? Because in FO3 I remember a character stating that Super Mutants have ripped soldiers out of their power armor.

12. Platinum Tempest King

This is hilariously wrong. Tell me how many gauss canons and sniper rifles that use mass driver technology to fire projectiles at speeds greater than mach 44 with a range of 4.5 kilometers (technology outdated by the time the series begins mind you) does the navy have?

And your average brute is capable of manhandling a spartan easily.

And someone that thinks a brute is lightly armored knows shit about their armor. Besides they have been shown to shrug off a huge amount of damage without missing a beat in canon.

The gun advantage goes to the super mutant though, since the spiker and the brute shot are ancestral weapons used since they developed firearms. Doesn't really matter though cause a gravity hammer is gonna pulverize them all the same.

13. Gone Lord of Moon's Spawn

Don't some Super Mutants grow to be bigger than large elephants? Idk if it's a unique case or just uber rare, but I remember there was that one that you had to fight to gain access to the GNR building in F3.

14. Bit Sean It's true, it's true

Those are the Super Mutant Behemoths. I'm assuming that this thread is just using a standard Super Mutant.

15. DarkBladex96 X96

You know why i didnt bring that gun up? Because its ridiculously costly to mass produce and issue to soldiers there was only 2 accounts of the same person having it during 2 missions, no more. Otherwise UNSC's Gauss and coilgun tech are ship/vehicle mounted. But their ground vehicles are designed like shit so it still doesnt matter.

The brutes armor doesnt start to get decent until bodyguard rank but even then their armor is still comprised of mostly hard plates in vital areas and soft vulnerable parts over most of their body. And most of them dont have that reactive energy armor. After that its a complete toss up depending on their roles some have more armor some have less; Its just metal --unknown metal-- but weak enough to get through it with UNSC infantry weapons which means Fallout weaponry is sufficient.
    Even the shield they do have is just on par with the what the lowest elites have.

They can tank damage because they are tough, but it really isnt much considering that a laser in fallout can reduce a person to ash...

Strength is irrelevant in a gun fight.

Also your average brute doesnt have a gravity hammer.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  16. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Those are east coast Super Mutants, there is quite a big difference between the Super Mutants. It would help to know which type of super mutant, because if this is a NightKin, the brute loses in a horrible curbstomp.

Also Fallout power armor is very comparable to Spartan armor, it is certainly a hell of a lot more durable, so I don't believe super mutants are at a disadvantage in hand to hand combat.

17. 8-Peacock-8 CHASAH!

Um Chief's spartan armor has durability feats where as the armor from fallout doesn't have much going for it when it comes to surviving this. :geg

these rules.

So Brutes have been known to be able to damage these hunks of metal. :geg

18. Ultra Revolutionary Booga

Powerful enough to repel most hand guns, machine guns, and shotgun pellets or null most of their damage. Spartan/Covenant energy armor can take more damage but absorbs everything that hits it.

Just because cheif's armor remained in tactg after the crash doesn't mean brutes have the power to destroy that vehicle. It's not as if getting into a crash = getting hit by the plane/pod.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  19. DarkBladex96 X96

Using Chiefs Fall as a durability feat for his armor is completely wrong, its not a durability feat at all because:

1. The shields handle the heat of re entry friction
    2. Small metal plates (like whats on his armor) wouldnt be destroyed or badly damage by the fall.
    3. Armor lock and Gel Layer work(against physics) to transfer kinetic energy away from the spartan.

Thats just multiple systems working in tandem to do what it was designed for.

You could drop a tank from 2km up at speed exceeding terminal velocity and it would hit the ground and what didnt burn up would mostly be intact. maybe likely bent because the heat made it malleable.

A suit of enclave or BoS power armor would survive that.

then the energy thing comes into play. Halo shields do diddle poo against energy.

20. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Spartan armor also dies to rockets, even with energy sheilds while BoS armor can tank Rockets with ease. Of course in a physical contest, the spartan armor would win but don't doubt Fallout power armor in durability, it is leagues above sparten armor in tanking damage.

Also since it hasn't been specified, I am assuming that this is an east coast supermutant. Anything below Master Rank gets shit on, in a gun fight or physical fight. Master Rank its gonna be pretty even, but the Brute would win in a gun fight. If this is Overlord or Behemoth, then this is a horrible curb stomp in both guns and in H2H.

21. DarkBladex96 X96

A brute couldnt win a gun fight with a US marine.

well thats a bit harsh i think, maybe a squad of marines?

22. NightmareCinema Okami

23. MrChubz Does want a Custom Title

SM's are more of the power in numbers variety. Brutes are more of the power in power variety. I'll give it to Brutes.

24. Colonel Awesome Lol

I suppose it would be. Otherwise head shots would be an instant kill to an unprotected (or poorly protected) head. But since there are no cutscenes, gameplay is all we have to go off of.

25. Unlosing Ranger The Shadow of Death

It obviously wasn't only his armor there since he veered off like he did. He used a wing to reduce the damage I believe.
    A fall like that usually kills spartans.

26. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

IIRC in the lore states the t-51b armor was as durable as tank and would shrug off anything that wasn't piercing, anti material rifles were used to kill them. Though that's from my memory of playing FO1 and 2 a long time ago, no idea if it holds up now.

27. Ultra Revolutionary Booga

This is the weakest version of power armor. Exept for the NCR salvage armor, but whoever made the claim about the super mutants can confirm what type it was.

28. Platinum Tempest King

Or we can go with the novelizations in which spartans have shrugged off blasts from hunter plasma cannons and rockets too IIRC.

And atmospheric reentry in their armor as some have brought up.

Yeah but that was technology available to special ops and spartans who could get whatever equipment they wanted. Most cutting edge tech is expensive as fuck and thus given only to the elite troops in real life as well, I don't see how scarcity changes the fact it existed and makes your argument that tech has barely advanced in ground weaponry absurd.

It would be like claiming those stealth helicopters seal team six used to pull off the bin laden mission shouldn't be allowed in matches with the US military cause they are expensive as fuck to make.

And again it was outdated tech by the time of The Battle of Harvest.

This isn't your average brute since all the equipment I have mentioned is what the OP says they have :maybe.

29. Distracted Retired Staff Retired Staff

Hey guys, stupid mod thing here: Try to avoid making double posts.

Back on topic, I seem to recall reading somewhere in the games and/or the novelization that Brutes were seen picking up Hunters and ripping them in half. Ignoring game mechanics for a second, I tend to see Hunters and Brutes as the most physically gifted of all of the races in the Halo-verse.

The fact that when a brute is injured they just throw down their weapons and start rampaging with their fists, and that this is effective in an age with ridiculous shields and armor, is a feat unmatched by the super mutants to my knowledge.

We can talk about rockets damaging the shields in the games, but remember that a punch from behind also destroys elites and spartans alike in the game. Gameplay mechanics need to be remembered and, in my opinion, ignored whenever possible.

30. Platinum Tempest King

Sorry Distracted. It's a bad habit of mine that I post then look back and post again. Don't really like edits.

Brutes are basically walking balls of muscle and are shown in the novels to easily manhandle spartans. So yeah they have multi ton strength.

Don't really recall a brute ripping a hunter apart, unless that is in the traviss novel I have yet to get too (don't really want to see how she raped the halo eu). Impressive regardless but Hunters are basically a collection of organisms instead of a single being and have a few obvious weakspots so not really sure how impressive that feat you mentioned is.