1. img
    We invite you to participate in the NF Christmas Event!
    Deadline to sign yourself up is December 8 at 6 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Super Saiyan Blue (Movie Convo)

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Dr. White, Dec 5, 2018.

What type of SSJB is are they using in the movie?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2019.
  1. PSSJBE (Manga)

22.7%
  2. Regular SSBJ (Anime/Movie) w/ aesthetics

77.3%
  1. Claudio Swiss

And /thread

2. WorldsStrongest

Flag:
    Canada

Except no its not you moron because this is literally a discussion of aesthetics
    No it doesn't

It has similarities

But the thing is EVERY ITERATION OF SSB HAS SIMILAR MARKINGS.

ALL of them.
    Your every piece of evidence is shaky at best and is straight up shat on by the director specifically stating he used SSB in the film.

And any miniscule things you bend over backwards to paint as "proof" that it isnt SSB are aesthetic things explained ENTIRELY by simply having a different art style and better animators.

> Literally everyone in this thread is schooling your ass with the exact same points im raising and all telling you the same thing
    > Moron tries to make it personal

Nice

3. PFM18

...because you said so? That's cool that you like to speculate about the forms in the manga, but for it to actually be false you have to actually have something valid that proves me wrong. None of that crap was ever stated in the manga and boils down to convoluted head canon. Especially since the difference between the first and the second iterations of SSB are clearly just a difference in artistic choice.
    That's factually incorrect. Whis specifically mentions the enhanced speed of SSG and lesser stamina consumption in the anime.

PSSB doesn't have an aura. That is literally how the form was originally described. If it had an aura, then it's progression from SSB would be completely arbitrary, given that the lack of an aura was supposed to be the distinction when it was described in the Zamasu arc.
    LMAO you thought that was released by Toyotaro?? Sorry bud, it is 110% fan-made. Sorry to burst your little righteous bubble there buddy.

Herms himself confirms it is fan-made.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  4. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    These don't logically follow. The "similarities" that you are referring to are literally trademark features of the form.

Flames mixed in with Aura? Darker flame like outline around a brighter inner aura? Check and Check.

With Vegeta we see that the aura as such even when fighting, we of the auras mixing.

Same with Goku when his aura takes on said characteristics in the film

This is a claim and you didn't even attempt to back it up with counter points that directly respond to my "shaky points".

Spoiler:
    and is straight up shat on by the director specifically stating he used SSB in the film.

Okay? They are all forms of SSGSS :lmao

In the manga, there were clearly different forms, and mastered wasn't explicitly given a name until the recent supplementary manga info, doesn't mean we dismiss clear evidence of trademarks signs of a new form, or consistencies like the MSSGSS and the form Goku shows in the movie.

You know what the director did point out?
    That Toriyama is clearly using the manga as a reference point (the movie panel also intro'd it with manga outlines) given that he chose to use something that only existed in Toyo's continuity (red vegeta), and the director's statement explcitly confirms that Toriyama's drafted the concepts and used Toyo's previously established Super saiyan characteristics regarding Red being faster, and blue bringing the power, he literally described the mechanics that toyo used.
    " God relies on predicting and dodging the opponent’s movements, plus godly techniques (prob th eone red goku used on Broly) rather than power. Then Blue puts all the emphasis on bulldozing the opponent with brute force..."

and then right before the movie we are given the supplementary info on the specifics of Super Saiyan Blue grades?

Except it's not. This isn't just random CGI madness. It is explicitly given a charactersitic that remains static while Goku is in that mode evidenced by said aura. It doesn change willy nilly, have no form, or only appear for a second.

It literally lines up with the MSSGSS explanation givne in the manga, and we know Toriyama is including and drafting from aspects of the manga explicitly regarding the characteristics of SSG/SSB stuff.

Super saiyan modes/grades have always had notable differences, with super saiyan two the lightning is pretty much always an indicator, the manga has given us clear indicators of MSSGSS usage which lines up directly with what we see in the movie, at multiple points in the movie with Goku.

Uhm this is not only a major fallacy, but people claiming something means what if they aren't actually arguing and giving counterpoints? Turning your head and spouting your opinion means nothing lol.

5. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Bruh I am just arguing my points. You actually argue but others just come in and claim shit which is why I posit my arguments as such. I understand that it could all just be a coincidence, or maybe they just liked the form design and didn't think much passed it. But these are direct comparisons between forms that just happen to have the same characteristics, coming from a Post ToP Vegeta whose trained and is on par with Goku now (due to them having similar results and fusing with the dance), and for Gogeta to also show it, who should logically easily be able to use the best mode from the SS line?

Vegeta acheiving a form of the SSB that has unique features is a fact in the manga. It is a form Vegeta can access like any other, it has unique features, but it is apart of the SSB powerup line. It doesn't need to be explicitly stated as it is self evident.

He directly states that SSG is faster than Blue, with Blue being more powerful at the cost of speed? Because this was fight relevant statement of fact when seen in the manga, with red vegeta also being a fixture of the manga previously to my knwoledge.

Bruh they are two different modes. You people keep confounding the two as if they are the same, but I am not talking about the mode used in that arc. It is completely different to the one Vegeta acheived in the ToP. The one he used there is stronger, and an actual acheived form as Goku tried to go beyond the power of the Complete blue power, and didn't gian the trademark aura, instead just pushing his power to the limit and tearing up his body.

I can't see the second link, but if that is true then I will admit the name and descriptions would be non official, but it still would not change the fact that the form Vegeta achieved is a distinct form or grade of SSB, whose distinct attributes appear in the movie.

6. Pilaf

No. They're fighting Ikari Broly in SSJB.

7. BlueDemon

Thanks for the info, but the point remains, what the hell are they going to do when he goes SSJ?!

8. rborges01

I don’t think you should ask if you aren’t looking for spoilers.

9. BlueDemon

Meh, apart from the obvious fusion...Oh well.

10. Csdabest

11. King Kakarot

It’s just regular Super Saiyan blue with good animators and a budget

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    It seems to be limit breaker blue which ine of the directors hinted at, and the trademark aura has been seen in other promotional material.

13. PFM18

This. Although I didn't mind the old SSB aura with a lesser budget.

14. buutenks

Seems to be me like standard blue. Unless otherwises stated in the movie.

Pretty sure in Toriyama's mind, not much changed in DBS(post BoG n RoF) for Goku n co. except for Goku using UI vs Jiren so he wont get his face caved in. I believe Toriyama still considers blue to be a powerful form.

15. Louis-954

Just like the BoG and RoF (RoF to a slightly lesser extent since there wasn't a complete manga adaptation), the movies do not follow the anime or manga canon. The movies are their own canon. I'm sure that if Toei adapts this into a television arc we'll see Kaioken, Evolution and perhaps even M/UI. On the same token, if Toyotaro ever adapts this movie we'd probably see MSSB and possibly M/UI as well.

16. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    I disagree about movies being seperate.

Although even if it is, that doesn’t take away from the evidence that it looks heavily like limit breaker SSB which also makes sense given the whole goku/vegeta getting stronger stuff.

Also toyo chose to skip the movie events unlike the other movies and drew MSSB goku and vegeta foghting SSJ broly in the same background as the movie and referenced the events, likely because the movie is canon to his material in his eyes.

17. Louis-954

You can disagree if you want, but they are separate. BoG and RoF (again, RoF to a lesser extent due to having only a partial Toyotaro adaptation) were both adapted by Toei (anime canon continuity) and Toyotaro (manga canon continuity) because they felt those stories needed to be fleshed out in greater detail. If they weren't separate there would be no need for re-tellings. The reason Toyotaro only glossed over what would have been the Broly arc in his manga is because much like with RoF, they probably wanted everyone's first exposure to Broly to be on the big screen. More $$$ that way. A lot of manga diehards probably wouldn't be fussed to see the movie if it were adapted in the manga beforehand.

18. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    That’s your opinion man.

I could easily say it was simply because those events were heavily plot relevant and neccessary for story foundation. Assuming that everyone who reads the manga and/or watches the manga would seek out the movie (assuming they completely skipped the events) would be nonsensical.

You go against this very point with your closing argument which all of a sudden includes context about money and apeculating fans wouldn’t want to see said events in a seperate animated movie.

The movie’s don’t make sense as a continuation of inly eachother for instance having the ToP and zamasu events being completely absent, hell the directors admitting to straight up copying the whol SSG for speed and SSB for power, from the manga, which also featured red vegeta unlike the anime or prior movies.

I honestly believe that while it lacks the action of the anime (for obvious reasons), toyo is much more faithful to Toriyama’s vision.

As for purposes of this thread, the above argument isn’t too relevant.

19. MShadows Moderator

The movies are a separate continuity, and the SSB used in this movie is the normal SSB. It's just a different art style choice.

20. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    I understand your opinion on the matter, it has been noted.

21. Louis-954

Not really an opinion, it’s pretty much consensus that the movies are canon, but that they are a separate continuity. Neither the anime or manga canons acknowledge BoG or RoF as being a part of their continuities. Otherwise why retell? Why not just continue on into the next arc? Why make changes to the movies in the adaptations?

22. rborges01

We know you like the manga but you have to accept that you’re simply in denial. Toriyama doesn’t give a crap about which super saiyan blue is being used so why are you?