1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Superman (Normal) vs. Hulk (Normal)

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by lucky, Jul 6, 2005.

Superman (Normal) vs. Hulk (Normal)

1. The Kryptonian reigns supreme.

36 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. Hulk smash! Hulk Bash!

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Draw.

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. lucky

I know that Supes beat Hulk in the crossover, but alot of the crossover fights were so gay. Like STorm beating WW and Wolverine beating Lobo.

But i want to know what people think of this fight. They're both 'normal', this is post-crisis superman and normal green hulk.

I think physically Superman is at least on par with Hulk, if not marginally inferior. But Superman has much more variety in powers. So i'll give it to the big Boy in Blue.

Tags:
  2. Insipidipity

I think Superman has to be weaker, but makes up for it with his other abilities(flight, etc.) In an allout fight, Superman would probably die a much more painful death than against Doomsday. He lacks regenerative abilities which would be his downfall.

3. Viciousness

But how fast is hulk compared to supes? Couldnt Superman hit him like 1000 times and dodge every blow from hulk if hes capable of running around the world 8 times in a second or something?
    People were saying Supermans speed made Goku's and his instantaneous teleportation look like crap. Then again come to think of it hulks fought people fast as hell before and wound up knocking them around like ragdolls once he gets in a fight long enough his reflexes go up along with his power. So Id say hulk

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  4. Insipidipity

Except we've seen normal hulk somehow manage to take on and hit with amazing accuracy, things much much faster than he. Its just one of his abilities I guess. BTW, I say Hulk is stronger for 2 reasons: 1, his entire being is formed from the desire to be strong and strength is pretty much his main thing. Superman is a jack of all trades while Hulk is the god of ungodly strength and 2. he can keep getting stronger.

5. lucky

Lol superman prime, then yeah i can believe it. But otherwise, i don't think superman is faster than Goku's IT. Long distances, anways. In the anime, Goku 'fizzles' a bit before teleporting, so i can see how superman can fly faster than goku fizzling. :p

nahhh. while i think the hulk is stronger than doomsday, when doomsday fought superman he made sure to make the fight as tortorous as possible. He's kind of a sadist. :xp Like instead of punching him, he'd use his bones to cut up superman, just to make him hurt more.

6. korican04

Superman can do a lot more than the hulk. Although Hulk's strength baselevel is lower than supes, he gets stronger the madder he gets so no upper limit, superman hasn't shown an upper limit yet either though.
    In a fight superman would have a tough time with the green machine, but hulk would be frustrated as hell if superman decided to go 99% lightspeed. Or shoot from afar hulk with his heat vision which would just keep piercing him but regenerates at the same time. The issue with superman is that he fight in space also, so that gives him an edge. Where he can bring the fight to outer space (which he does a lot) if he wanted to and that would make the Hulk a suffocating dull while not dying. Who knows.

(i'm assuming this fight is with post-crisis superman)

On a side note, I recently read wrath of gog, and superman is a jerk bahahaha, he just punched darkseid to the ground and just starting talking smack, but his powers are going hey wire again, it's getting good.

7. Insipidipity

Hulk is about the same as doomsday so I dont think superman can win just by going into space. Plus frustrating the hulk isn't a good idea. Remember that he becomes increasingly invulnerable with his anger as well as regenerative. Heat vision might hurt him but eventually do nothing. Superman hasn't shown his upperlimit, but he has one. On the otherhand, Hulk doesn't.

8. Takuza

well, is ther NO LIMIT to how angry the Hulk can get?

9. korican04

mmmm, not sure about that. Hulk gets cut up a lot by adamantium (which i'm not saying it's the same as heat vision) and doesn't become invulnerable to the same attacks. When he gets madder he gets stronger, i don't recall when his regenerative powers gained strength cause he got madder. superman's heat vision is as hot as the inside of the sun, so that would mean hulk would be invulnerable to being through the sun cause he gets mad, which maybe is true but i haven't read in any comic that he gains regenerative powers.
    Also what is superman's upperlimit?

^to the above, hulk just gets madder and madder...so not really. lol, he does get played around with by the surfer, and hulk got mad, but there is nothing he can really do anyways against SS.

10. Viciousness

Yeah I didnt see how it was possible either, but I think it was code who pointed out in the dbz manga it says goku's teleportation moves at the speed of light, While Supes is actually faster than the speed of light or something.

Still Kibito and Kaioubito's teleportation has got to be way faster since its range is telporting billions of miles to distant planets with no limits instantly, and Buu stole the technique to start taking out planets one by one.

I wonder about Hulk hitting fast things. Was it an incoming rocket he held his hands back to bat away? If so that means hes really accurate at hitting something with predictable movement.But the way Goku fights his hands and body are moving like a mile a minutehitting like 1000 times a second faster than the eye can see, and if Supermans fighting speed is supposedly supposed to be faster than that, will hulk really be able to keep up and dish out punches at that speed continously?

11. lucky

nah superman isn't faster than light-speed... at least not normal superman. Superman Prime is rediculous... but normal superman has sublight speeds. He just doesn't move that fast on earth because of fear of destruction to the environment. He's like... around at least mach 10 on earth usually.

12. Insipidipity

I meant in the same fight. If he kept getting cut up, he'd get angrier every time it regenerated until he was mad enough that it had no effect. Not an immunity like Doomsday, but just the fact that he gets stronger when he's mad makes it so that if its pissing him off, he'll get mad enough that it stops hurting him eventually. When he calms down, he'll be vulnerable to it again but thats different.

Seriously, the only way superman could beat him is to tickle him to death.

13. Viciousness

Juggs is like at least on par with hulk in most of their encounters I thought, and he got beat by thor when he swung him into the far reaches of space, while he was holding the end of a pole. Isnt supes fast enough to Somehow fling the ground hes standing on far far away, and thatd probably be considered a victory like Thor vs Juggs was.

14. Kamendex

The one thing Gokuu has going for him is his Instantaneous Movement. It is INSTANT....faster than anything any comic/anime character can go.....it's INSTANT....the only bad thing is that it takes time to lock on to a ki source.

Edit: I take that back....apparently the Flash outran Instantaneous Travel...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  15. Viciousness

lol didnt one flash go so fast he went backwards in time? See DC gets simply ridiculous sometimes.
    And I thought Instantaneous was instant too, but Code or someone seemed to think it was exactly the speed of light, which superman or superman prime seems to have gone faster than or something. But is supermans fighting speed really as fast as goku? sure he can run faster but when he battles people is he really dodging and throwing like 1000 punches and kicks a second like Goku? Or have slow but super strong people hit him before? I know supes has dodged bullets for no good reason before, but does he really do those types of movements in the heat of battle, or just when he decides to go running or something?

Cuz Goku goes leaving trail images of himself and stuff ever since he was a kid. But this is about hulk, and I dont really think hulk throws that many punches in a short amount of time or dodges that quick, so if Superman does like Goku does then Id have to hand it to him. Even if Hulk can throw one quick and super accurate punch when he sees a really fast target coming.

16. Luffy2692

also, since the hulk can be harmed by some fire arms that the military has used. superman is mildly, if at all, affected at all by any thing along the lines of standard human development

17. Insipidipity

The military has designed things specially to fight the hulk, superman doesn't even have that honor. Besides, the thing about superman is, if the military didn't like him, they could just fire a kryptonite bullet at him.

18. Kamendex

Well Code is wrong....stupid FUNimation said that Instantaneous Movement was 186,000 miles per second....which is the speed of light. But that was a dub line....its not even canon. It's instant.

Also, in one fight Superman was fighting so fast he was leaving sonic booms...so the fighting speed shouldnt be a factor.

19. Insipidipity

Well somehow Maestro took out the Silver Surfer, so the slightly physically inferior Hulk shouldn't really have any problem taking on superman's speed.

20. lucky

well we don't exactly know how Maestro beat Silver Surfer... cuz from what i gathered hanging around here, even Maestro shouldn't be able to beat Silver Surfer.

21. Bullet

He shouldn't be able to beat Surfer going all out (useing all his abilities, he could use energy blasts, put up force fields, drain the radiation from him and fly), but in a physical fight Hulk will beat Surfer.

As for this match, Superman takes it.

22. Reznor Administrator

Supes can dodge.

Hulk has to rely on durability/regen.

23. konflikti

If Supes plays smart(like he should) he wins. KO or disabling. If he plays around(doesn't go for the kill) he loses.

24. Scorpio3.14

Superman wins. Supes is stronger then base Hulk, waaaaay faster then base Hulk, its a given that hes smarter then base Hulk :p, and has a much wider variety of powers then the Hulk. Hulk is going down, hard.

25. Rangamaru

During a crossover, I'm pretty sure supes beat the Hulk, but I thought it was BS. There is no way in my mind that the Hulk would lose.

26. Bullet

How can Hulk win? Superman has every single advantage over Hulk.:oh I don't go by crossovers, but even in there own comics, Superman is superior. The only way Superman whould lose, is if he forgets his abilities and just stand still.

27. Rangamaru

28. Bullet

He can be KOed though and can be badly wounded too, slowing down his healing factor.

29. Tousenz

Hulk catching Silver Surfer's board musta just been bad writing. He doesnt move nearly that fast + all that muscle would slow him down wouldnt it.

I give it to SuperMan.

30. pnoypridz

give me a scan of Maestro beating surfer or even just give me the issue #

cuase im pretty sure maestro never fought silver surfer