1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

System of a Down - Hypnotize

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Efraim Longstocking, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Efraim Longstocking Indeed

I love the new damn album. MUCH better than Mezmerize and that says alot I think. I really loved that album. This album contains so much more highlights. U-Fig, Stealing Society, Hypnotize, Kill Rock 'N Roll, Dreaming..
    Damn it..lets just say that each track is brilliant in itself..

The only thing I don't understand why they let Daron sing so much when Serj do such an amazing job. Daron can do backgrounds but when he's voice are mixed so high, it's just annoying.

Despite that, it doesn't ruin the songs. I think it did on Mezmerize some times. BYOB is the best song ever by SoaD until Daron completly ruins it with his singing.

I'm amazed by the madness that is SoaD.. And I'm a Bungle fanboy ^^

Hypnotize is this years fifth 5/5 for me ^^

Edit: It's too damn short though :sad

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
    Tags:
  2. skunkworks Member

I like just about anything System releases. This album is no exception.

3. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

I'm up and down on them. They are a by track basis band for me.

That said, I haven't heard anything off of Hypnotize yet, so my opinion would be invalid :D

4. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I am a huge fan of this album. The only song that didn't click with me at all was She's Like Heroin. Aside from that, I like every song on the album, and love most of the tracks.

My highlights are (abundant):
    Dreaming
    Kill Rock 'N Roll
    Stealing Society
    U-Fig
    Holy Mountains
    Soldier Side

EDITTED: If you enjoyed MeZmerize at all, you will no doubt love this album. I can't say it tops MeZmerize, but in certain moods I prefer this album, in others I prefer the former. It's a really close call. :amuse

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  5. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

6. clockwork .

I like this more than Mezmerize (all z's check your album cover)

If I had to sum them up quickly Mezmerize is "red" and this is "blue".
    This album takes more than one listen to like though, and I was not too impressed the first time.

That said the first and hundreth time I listen to the full version of 'Soldier Side' I get goosebumps. That song is brillant, by any means.

Holy Mountains is also System at their best. It's what new System does well, Daron backing, Serj singing and awesome music. It reminds me of listening to their first album, which is my favourite. (P.L.U.C.K will always be my most beloved System song)

Anyway to sum it up I like this album, and although I was stoked to find the torrent that is real I'm still going to purchase it when it arrives.

EDIT: Also it has to be said that 'She's like heroin' is a terrible terrible song, with terrible terrible lyrics.

Terrible.

7. sasuke_limays I want to be HOKAGE!!!!!

why you all give the long post

8. Syrah not inspired when typing this.

This new SOAD album is great, as usual, period.

The whole album is a highlight... Wish they always give us masterpieces like this one !!!

It's emotional and amusing and crazy and....; well, in a word, it's perfection once again...

9. Efraim Longstocking Indeed

This album is the higlight of their carrier from my point of view. All the songs just tops in melody and in their crazieness.

10. Hellcrow Silly freak

MTV has the album out streaming at the leak! check it out at

11. ~S?lvia~ Torakouhi

I agree, It's great...
    better than the others..
    they came to ema!!
    have you watched?

12. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

I still don't think it's as good as Mez. Then again, that album is pretty special to me.

I agree that "Heroin" kinda sucks. They could have done so much with that wicked little riff, too...

13. Personal Jesus Maurice Chavez, the asshole

After having listened to the album for a few days and absorbing the songs, I have come to the conclusion that "Soldier Side" is fucking amazing. I rarely get chills when I listen to a song, but this one... wow.

"Holy Mountains" will go down as one of the best songs the band has done. Period. It's very reminiscent of "Aerials" from Toxicity. "U-Fig" is unpredictable and unstable -- IE, the classic SoaD formula. "Vicinity of Obscenity" is cheesy but hilarious, and along with "She's Like Heroin", it gets the honor of being the song that makes you go, "WTF did I just listen to??!"

Honorable mentions: "Dreaming", "Kill Rock 'n Roll", and "Tentative" -- hell, all of the songs on the album are great.

TERRACOTTA PIE, HEY!