1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Take a break from Naruto and enjoy something new

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Helix, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Helix T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕

I'm sure everyone has done this already, but here is another promotional idea to get away from the fillers.

The first volume of .hack's next new video game series is coming out October 24th (tomorrow) for the PS2. This game is going to be really hot, besides the first series dot hack has came out with, the storyline is new with a lot more sinister plot.

Some voice actors that are in it are:

Yuri Lowenthal (Haseo), or Sasuke from the US dubbed Naruto
    Dave Wittenberg (Gaspard), or Kakashi from the US dubbed Naruto and Sora from .hack//SIGN
    Steve Jay Blum (Yata), or Spike from Cowboy Bebop and Zabuza from the US dubbed Naruto

They are other famous voice actors in this game also, but those are the most interesting ones in my opinion. Plus the fact they also act for the Naruto series.

This new series is one of three so far, be on the lookout for this game when you go to the store because it'll definetally keep you occupy till the fillers end. :)

Tags:
  2. Konoha Leaf Village Hokage

still dont get it :)

3. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

Uhhh...hack sucks.

And I don't get the point in this thread.

4. xSHiNOx I don't do Shippuuden rips

it doesnt suck. you just have to get into it if you really want to enjoy it 100%
    also, the TC is probably advertising.

5. Konoha Leaf Village Hokage

true true rikki lee :)

6. bustedbrian Not Newbie.

not a game im dieing to get, but its worth a look. the .hack series wasnt so bad, the storyline was great. due to its mysteries and cliff hangers. ffxii is coming out [: and for the voice acting, we'll see

7. Helix T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕

Wha? Are you dense? I told you in the first sentence that it's another idea to wait out the fillers and check out something new. If posting something creative to ignore the fillers for awhile was such a bad idea then sorry. Thought I might help some of those brainless people out there that don't know what to watch or do besides Naruto. Not to mention the connection with the american voice actors for Naruto.

8. Purgatory Banned

....Are you fucking kidding me? Have you seen DotHack//SIGN? Read ANY of the mangas? Geeze, I don't get people these days.

But to make a productive post, I have more than enough to buy .Hack//G.U....IT'S GONNA KICK SO MUCH ASS! Yuri Lowenthal as Haseo..There IS a God! I just hope he can capture Haseo's bad-ass attitude.

*Squeals like a schoolgirl and pisses himself*

9. Senior_Superboy The Pirate King

I'm getting this as well. I like .hack. The anime series is alright but the trailers for this game look awesome. In two days I get to play it so I'm stoked. ^_^.

10. kevo2488 Mighty Konoha Senpuu

I would like to summarize the .Hack games:

-watch way too many cutscenes-
    -run around like a retard-
    -use some crappy way of transporting to horribly-rendered environments-
    -go into a dungeon-
    -run around the monotonously annoying maze-
    -press x A LOT-
    -get some treasure-
    -fight a boss a few times-
    -leave the dungeon-
    -rinse, wash, and repeat-

Honestly, .Hack has to be the apitamy of fanboy interest.

Saying .hack is a good game is like saying the Naruto games are good.

And we all know they aren't. D:

Oh, and One Piece, too. >.>

I understand how much you like it because I like the DBZ games, but they actually suck. I just like them because they include characters from one of my favorite anime.

I understand fandom, but don't make people seem like their losers for liking a mediocre (to most) anime.

It really isn't good, mechanically, when compared to games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

Heck, Chrono Trigger is more enjoyable than .Hack; to me at least.

And Chrono Trigger is more than 10 years old. D:

11. Helix T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕

I very much agree with you kevo. The first series of .hack games were a lot of cutscenes and the fighting style lacked, not to mention the gameplay.

But you just gotta wait and see on how much they really revamped this new series. The storyline is fresh, the graphics are waaaay better, the fighting style/method is kinda like ocean star and a mix with FFXII, and a new Avatar fighting mode (play as Skeith).

Don't forget you can now PK people, join guilds, and not always do boring dungeons. The kite view of .hack in the old series was too giddy and lame, you kinda play on the darkside now with Haseo.

12. YoYo Turkish till I Die

Let me ge this straight...you want us to play a video game instead?

Why don't we just all recommend exercise techniques or decent books instead?

13. D?j? Vu ಠ_ಠ

Those .//hack games are boring in my opinion. If you wanna take a break from the worthless Naruto fillers that are killing the series, watch One Piece. :)

14. Helix T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕

Whatever floats your boat, but you know that it is slightly related with Naruto because of the voice actors if you are a fan of them. And the game looks promising. Again, just an idea, related to naruto. Besides that, I don't see exercising techniques or decent books lasting as long as a video game series.

15. Purgatory Banned

Would you rather wait in anticipation just to be let down by another shitty-ass filler arc? Besides, .Hack//G.U. is like...100 times better than the thing you'd call Infection. You actually get to play as Skeith, the Terror of Darkness, and he looks so much fucking sweeter now. You're a multi-class PKKing bad-ass in search of Tri-Edge of the Azure Flames to take vengeance on his friend who DD'ed her. The storyline is just amazing. You'd also get some Yuri Lowenthal action from Haseo, Liam O' Brian from..some other character (Piros the 3rd?) and Dave Wittenburg.

16. dragonbattousai The Lost Jedi

I stopped at Part II of the first .Hack series. The game gets old. If there is a new element to the gameplay or something like that, I might consider it. Until then I am happy with the Nintendo DS games, Pokemon Pearl (jp) and Contact.

17. Purgatory Banned

It is WAAAAAY better in terms of graphics, battle systems, etc. There's also an arena for players to fight each other. It's like a PKing thing. You get EXP points and all that. You can also fight PKers in fields since you're a PKKer. The awesome part about this game is...HASEO GETS A MOTORCYCLE! You can use it in fields and even bash the enemy to dent some HP from them to start the battle.

18. Production hi

Isn`t playing a rpg the same thing has watching Naruto?
    No thank you, I want to find something heathly to break me from Naruto and the computer.:nod

19. Senior_Superboy The Pirate King

There are a bunch of videos there for the game. Both Trailers and gameplay vids. The first .hack// games were horrible but these games look promising.

20. PIB-Chaotic Bringer of Infinite Justice

Woo, a horrible video game based on a horrible series with horrible voices from the horrible dubbed ver of Naruto. I simply cannot wait. -.-

21. Senior_Superboy The Pirate King

Do you even know what your talking about?

22. PIB-Chaotic Bringer of Infinite Justice

Quite.....

23. Senior_Superboy The Pirate King

I will admit that the .hack//roots anime is pretty boring. But the game looks way better than that. I think you should give things a chance before you judge them. I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything I'm just trying to prove a point.

24. PIB-Chaotic Bringer of Infinite Justice

With the 3 other points and a history of lack luster games, I have no high hopes for this one. (=

25. Senior_Superboy The Pirate King

I downloaded this game when it was released in Japan. It's actually quite good. Especially if you compare it to the other game which were god awful....except for the ending of the fourth game.