1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by ~Greed~, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Zeta42

When they skipped the OP and just showed the title card, I thought: "This is gonna be long and epic". I was wrong.

The fight was underwhelming, and Naofumi struggling with the rage shield was just more of the same thing we've seen before. Except he's gonna need a whole bucket of holy water this time.

But damn, the Queen is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :catlewd

2. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

It was an okay fight all considering (the set up kind of sucked for a fight), but Zeta is right about the Rage Shield thing being a repeat.

This is probably what last episode should've been.

3. Lew Retired Staff

Well that fight sucked

4. Melodie

Tbh it's not just this fight, I feel like all action scenes in this show are fairly subpar to okay. a lot of breaks during fights, the pacing lacks any urgency, the way they even fight isn't very creative or entertaining either

5. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

It mostly boils down to the heroes charging forward with their weapons or shooting beams out of them or Naofumi using his Rage Shield or one of his shields with a special ability and maybe blocking normally once in a while. Everyone else uses generic magic that never does a lot unless they're stronger than the heroes. Oddly enough the only exceptions to this are Raphtalia who goes in with her sword or stealth kills and Filo who hits people hard and fast.

The pacing has been pretty meh for the last half dozen episodes. Hopefully now that this arc is over we can get some fresher content (kind of like how the Filolial Queen was to a degree in middle of this).

6. Yamato

Flag:
    Argentina, Mexico

heh let it rain blood

7. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

Man, that was an intense episode. Yeah, the pace of the show has been kinda slow lately but this episode brought about a pretty damn good closure to a major plot point. Now to deal with Bitch and Trash King Boss. Have at it Queen!

8. blakstealth Moderator

Naofumi with his last breath shoulda said to the Queen "fuck you...and your family!" then die x_x

9. Zeta42

This episode felt like the finale, but there will be at least one more. Though I doubt there will be enough time to do another story arc.

I'm not sure if the spoilers I've heard were inaccurate or the anime did things its own way, but I'm glad Naofumi's reaction to Malty and the king's fate wasn't as happy as I expected. The dude was shocked, not in the least because he knew it must've been really hard for the queen. The new names were an act of mercy instead of just an unusual sadistic punishment.

10. luffy no haki

Anyway, this was a bit different from what I read in manga tho result is the same.

Also not sure if true but someone told me in webnovel the Queen actually beats the crap out of the king brutally for being such a faggot and cause all this trouble while Naofumi actually kind of enjoys seeing the punishment.

11. Lew Retired Staff

Quite the brutal interrogation scene. Unsure whether I like Naofumi saving their lives or not since their actions didn't really meet the consequences there.

12. blakstealth Moderator

Ah, that was the catharsis I needed. Fuckin Myne- I mean Bitch getting electrocuted with that crest was a sight to behold. The Queen didn't explain what the history was with the previous Shield hero,though. I guess that will go unresolved for now.

13. Melodie

After watching the episode I read some comments that every source material this series has had, they did the scene differently. The web novel did it's own thing, light novel, manga and now the anime. In the anime they made Naofumi a hero. While in the manga he's more of an anti-hero.

page of the manga from this very episode:

In the web novel (the original source material) however, I didn't know this, but
    Spoiler:
    Naofumi is raging misogynistic douchebag. He sends every woman that slightly annoys him to get raped and tortured to death. He hates myne so much she repulses him and makes him hate all women, and her being in agony makes him smile. And his shield of rage is interpreted as a literal shield of rage.

:drake

I suppose the anime did it by far the best in comparison, although I don't know how the light novel did it.

14. Rukia

Flag:
    Sweden, Germany, England

Shield Hero and Melty engages yet? :hmm

15. son_michael

The manga did it the best, there were a ton of changes in this anime episode. The queen in the manga is ruthless, she offers Naofumi their limbs because she can't execute royalty. The spear hero believes Malty till the end like the delusional tool he is whereas in the anime he realizes she's guilty. In the manga, Malty gets on her knees and begs shield hero for him to act like a noble hero and save her. The queen orders all the kingdom it is illegal to ever call them anything other than Trash or Bitch or her adventurer name,slut.

Probably others I'm missing but overall the manga has a much more ruthless feel for it's characters, the anime had Naofumi white knight the king and princess whereas in the manga he wanted them dead and the queen would have been happy to oblige if she could politically.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Yamato

Flag:
    Argentina, Mexico

Not bad. Was kinda hoping they'd get executed but them being humiliated for the rest of their lives is even better. I'm glad his name got cleared.

17. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

Oh. Well. I'm glad the anime chose the path that it did because it would've invalidated Naofumi as a character imo.

18. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

Being humiliated, ridiculed, and having to live on with everyone constantly condemning them for not taking responsibility for the lives they took indirectly doesn't meet the consequences? Because if nothing else, the life Naofumi condemned them to is the same life they condemned him to for their own goals.

19. Garcher

oh yeah I read an excerpt when this started about Naofumi enjoying himself watching Myne being raped to death by a monster pig

actually she seems to die in similar fashion and revive multiple times while staying one-dimensionally evil over the course of the story

great writing :hisoka

20. Lew Retired Staff

Tried to assassinate royalty and over throw them. Killed people in the process. Being called a shitty name doesn't equal their actions imo. Rather just have them imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

21. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

They had their titles and names revoked, meaning their offspring, should they ever have any, won't have any claim to the throne. And yes, they killed people and now they will have to face up to the people whose relatives died because of their actions. To me that does equate to their actions.

22. Lastier

Why did we have to go through a stray of mediocre episodes to get to a decent one again? It seems like this series has a problem with heavy-action episodes, but shines when it comes to character interaction, social issues, real-life struggles, etc.

Myne needs that Orange Clockwork rehabilitation treatment. The cray cray is strong with this one.

23. Zeta42

I bet the part with Bitch trying to poison the pie was anime original. I can understand why she's still allowed to roam free, but maybe she should be banned from the palace. Or is it easier to keep an eye on her this way? I don't know.

Queen fangasming over Fitoria was super ultra cute. I hope they meet face to face someday.

So Filo couldn't upgrade because of her ahoge, but why couldn't Raphtalia? And did Naofumi upgrade? Also, how did the other heroes fall behind Naofumi if they could copy powerful weapons? He learned skills by killing monsters, which is technically a similar proces, but there were very few monsters who could rival those weapons in power. You'd think the heroes would be equal in strength instead.

24. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

I really appreciated this kind of episode after how the last arc's episodes ended up being.

25. son_michael

The pie and the queen gushing over the queen philolial were filler. The 3 heroes haven't had any struggles, they were always in big party's and received all their class upgrades, they don't know what it's like to be put under pressure or face certain death like Naofumi has. In short they are naive and treat everything like a game, if you consider them to be weapons then they have not been sharpened which means they are useless and can easily break.

The fact is that even though they class upgraded, Naofumi is a lot more powerful than they are because he's been leveling like crazy.

26. blakstealth Moderator

27. Lew Retired Staff

I enjoyed this ep more than the last few probably because it was a nice change of pace and things seem to be moving on.

Also enjoyed everyone having to correct bitch's name

28. Tomochii-Chan

Everyone correction bitch/slut's name was the best

FINALLY red haired dude shows up. I was wondering when he'd pop up lol

29. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

Has Naofumi got his class upgrade? It wasn't made very clear here.

30. Garcher