1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Tatsuki's New Role.

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Red Viking, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Red Viking

Before you ask, no, this is not another thread about whether Tatsuki will gain powers or not. By now, I think we can all agree that it's painfully obvious she will.

It's quite apparent that Kubo has big plans for her. After all, not only has she been popping up everywhere lately, but it was established early on in the series that she had spirit pressure. In addition, I've noticed that she keeps being mentioned in passing by the other characters during the Soul Society arc. (If you ask me, I'd say that was Kubo's way of reminding the readers that she was still in the story.)

All of this makes me wonder what exactly her role in the series will be. Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Furious George

I believe Tatsuki's role will be dependant on whether the rescue team returns with Orihime in this Arc. If they do not, it is likely the rescue team will return to Karaka Town (I think that's what its called) to find that Urahara has completely developed Tatsuki's "spirit powers". She will likely then make it her business to return Orihime to safety, and will join the others in thinking up a way to get her back. Just my thoughts....

3. Wrath

Yes, this mission is doomed to fail because Tatsuki needs to have a hand in rescuing Orihime. To return the favour.

4. Predator

I dun think right after they get back, that they will go right back with tatsuki. Cuz, once she gets her powers, she will be just like ichigo in the beginning of the manga. She will need to build up her powers. Granted, she will have like 2 months like ichigo did to get his bankai, but if they come back from HM and she already has her bankai sorta thing, im gonna be pissed.

5. blazingshadow

tatsuki will just pwn non espada arrancar ass and help a bit in the upcoming war

6. Jh1stgen

I believe the the save the Orihime mission is going to phail ~ And Ichigo is going to come back empty handed, and this is where Tatsuki's role will perhaps get bigger as a character .. hopefulyy

7. ez

if the rescue some how fails, she'll be the one to take Orihime home :]

8. Mukuro

How in the world is Tatsuki gonna do any of this?

9. blazingshadow

she is going to develop a power that rivals orihime's. not only that it probably is going to be an offensive power so all the better for killing arrancar and everybody that has powers way beyond hers

10. Kisame

All the rest ichigos friends are going to get some shattered shaft treatment and learn the name of their zankpatous.

Tatsuki will gain a fox thingy.

11. Low-fi Boy

I'm still hoping Yoruichi'll teach her a thing or two eventually

12. Mukuro

Well, I can't lie...I can't wait to see any of this. :)

13. Zefiris

And also get hollowfied otw....then become the next generation vaizard.

14. jariroth

Yoruichi teaches her some basic shunpo and some advanced melee fighting. She becomes as good as Yoruichi is.

15. Marsala

I concur that Tatsuki will be the one to eventually save Orihime, but not with brute force. Tatsuki will be the only one capable of reaching Orihime after Aizen finishes brainwashing her in the current arc, because Ishida and Chad will be too distant to reach her and Ichigo and Rukia will be the ones whom Orihime will hate the most.

In terms of strength, Tatsuki will probably be able to take on Gillian-class Arrancar, alongside Jinta, Ururu and other low level supporting characters.

16. Red Viking

You know, if that happens, I wonder how many people will start claiming the lesbian vibe...

17. Marsala

Start claiming the lesbian vibe? That's already done. :p Chizuru, Rangiku, Tatsuki, and even Rukia have had scenes with Orihime that look sexual or romantic. Everyone wants Orihime - except Ichigo, alas. Maybe if he was a girl.

18. lyrs_amv

New role, same as old role: Smashing Ichigo's head into windows

19. BladeofTheChad

i hope she gets powers and then gets utterly decimated by an Espada.

20. Kri

Tatsuki is probably going to act as a protector of the living world, as the majority of the characters introduced thus far are going to take the fight deep into Hueco Mundo or deep into Soul Society as the fight gets closer and closer to the royal dimension. Someone has to watch over the living world, and I'm sure that Ichigo (and company), Isshin, Kisuke, and possibly even Ryuuken are going to be involved on a far greater level than mundane defensive positions.

Of course, she isn't limited to that. That's just her lower boundary. I think she's going to train under Yoruichi and rival the skills of Soifon in terms of both speed and combat ability (minus her heavily broken shikai). Then she'll be set up as a primary fighter in the upcoming battle barely a tier behind Ichigo's on the frontline.

21. BladeofTheChad

^that would suck horribly. I liked the idea of her being a defensive position, but gettting up to Soi Fongs level, F that...

22. delirium

Anyways. I like the idea of Tatsuki being the offense to Orihime's defense. Sine Orihime's pretty much useless on the battle field offensively, that would make for a nice duo.

23. meatballs2007

Well, you thought wrong because I don't agree at all.

Tatsuki isn't gonna get any worthwhile powers. It's just some story thing that the manga author got himself accidentally caught in. LOL, thinking that Tatsuki will get the stregth of captain class is laughably stupid to me. If that happens, then it's official that Kubo smokes up before making each chapter.

You know what he role will be? She'll have a long hard talk with Orihime while everyone protects her, and then something happens. That's all that will happen.

24. Jh1stgen

Why cant Tatsuki get worthwhile power? Orhime and Chado got theirs from Ichgio, and it is inevitable that Tatsuki will too~ Chado now has power that of bankai level ~ So why cant Tatsuki?

25. Marsala

Because it's too late in the story for Tatsuki to suddenly go from "trash" to captain level. Chad has had his powers for a very long time and they are unique to him, but Tatsuki has only generic higher than normal human reiatsu and hasn't even begun to train her powers.

26. InuBlade

Hmm. Everybody I talk to would've preferred Tatsuki to have powers instead of Orihime (or Chad) from the start. Fox powers wouldn't be ironic, lol. Junko Noda ftw

27. lyrs_amv

Meh, the way things work in Ichigoverse, Tatsuki could go Bankai level in a week or so. However, it should be something that fits her character...such as bashing Ichigo's head into windows.

28. Red Viking

I agree. It took Ichigo a grand total of 12 days of training to become uber captain level so I would actually be surprised if Tatsuki's not significantly powerful when the time comes.

Still, even though it's hinted that her role will be important, it's not like she'll turn out to be Shiba Miyako reborn or something along those lines.

(Although that would be an interesting plot twist given the implications...)

29. BladeofTheChad

nothing much up here Del...just got unbanned, so im stretching my legs before the mods get uppity again and decide to ban me for being to cool for school...

Tatsuki on the other hand isnt too cool for school, so she should just stay put...

30. Shikamaru-sama

Gah, is this whats going to happen? It was bad enough with the SS scooby gang.

I hate the fact that everyone who ichigo ever talks to gets spirit powers. Personally id rather Tatsuki enver get spirit powers and commit suicide after it hits her that she will always be unable to help any of her friends.