1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Team 7 = Late Bloomers?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Devil King Sanji, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Devil King Sanji Blood Flow of Dawn.

Aren't the late blooming flowers the most beautiful flowers of them all? Well, in a way don't they kind of resemble Team 7?

Naruto: When we were first introduced to Naruto, he lacked many skills yet his dreams was to become a Hokage. Heck, even I doubted that he'd receive his dreams. But slowly through his "training" and experinces with Sakura and Sasuke, he slowly became more powerful little by little. Like most main characters, his luck and extreme motivation had gave him the ability to defeat many foes (Neji, Kiba, etc.) Now, if Naruto was to fully master the Kyuubi, do you think he'd be a force to recoken with?

Sakura: Yes, Sakura. When she was introduced, EVERYONE thought she was worthless. She had no strength, no Jutsu (besides Genjutsu) and no Taijutsu skills. Most of the battles were fougth by Naruto and Sasuke while she stood on the sidelines. The only time hse shinned a bit was during the brief battle with Team Sound and the battle against her nad Ino.

Sasuke: Now, I know some of you are saying that Sasuke isn't going to be a late bloomer. But didn't Orochimaru (or someone, I forgot who) tell him that his potential was greater than Itachi. However, at his age Itachi was already ANBU Captain. Still, through the years he slowly and little by little closes the gap between he and Itahci, though we have yet to see how far he has gotten through the timeskip.

What I'm trying to say is, even though during the pretime-skip, they have the potential to be the next Sannin. And before some of you flame me saying that Sasuke is a late bloomer, think about it. It was said that his potential was greater than Itachi yet he's still a Genin. I think during the years he's going to slowly little by little close the huge gap between he and his brother. Team 7, even though they haven't showed the terrific skills like the other Rookie Teams have the potential to become the next Sannin.

Tags:
  2. Crush! Banned

This is obvious to most people. Only the stupidest fanboys would deny it.

3. vagnard Well-Known Member

I would agree with this pre-timeskip. But post timeskip they seem more powerful than the older generations at that age (except Itachi and maybe Sandaime). I think that team 7 are stronger than the Sannin when they were 15 years old. Kakashi at 12-13 seemed stronger than any of his pupils at 13. But I think that 15 years old Naruto and Sasuke are stronger than 15 years old Kakashi. After all they trained with Sannin and they are fighting against kage level and high jounin enemies. I doubt that 15 years old Kakashi could fight against Akatsuki. The same with 15 years old Sannin. I'm sure that before they reach 17 they will the strongest ninjas ever.

4. Raptor Vagabond

Of course they do. One has the best chakra control of them all that lets her control superhuman strenght and cure people, the other has the best bloodline of konoha that allows him to copy almost any move and see what will the next move of his oponent will be, and the other has the greatest raw power of the planet, unnatural stamina and healing capabilities. Anyone daring to show a little interest on them would be able to see that.

5. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Well of course they are late bloomers but not to a great extent. They are very strong for their age compared to most people and they still have a long way to go. Im betting that in the next timeskip (if they have one) they will have surpassed the Sannin.

6. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

You're kidding...right? From what I remember of the chuunin exam:

1. The rookie 9 were the first ROOKIE genin to take the exam in 5 years.
    2. Most people taking the exam were in their late teens or older... They still failed again.
    2. They ALL made it to the second part and many made it to the final part.
    3. Team 7 is decently responsible for saving Konoha.

In no way do I condsider them to be late bloomers. They seem to be MUCH stronger than the average ninjas their ages. At age 15 they are all arguably high chuunin-mid jounin level (depending on who you are talking about). I mean... It took Naruto less than 1 year to go from getting scared crapless by two supposed "chuunin" ninja, to beating a crazy ass powerful Shukaku Gaara.

I don't mean to be mean, but no...they aren't late bloomers.

During Part II, I expect them all to reach the level of a jounin. By the end of the series I expect them all to surpass their respective older generation members. Even then, they'll probably only be like 19 or 20.

7. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Well the term late-bloomer would apply more to Naruto and Sakura then Sasuke. Sasuke's exact term would be an underachiever. This is because one of the principals of being a late-boomer is not being considered as a genius before they start to show off, which in Sasuke's case was totally the opposite.

In a way, Sakura is somewhat is an underachiever also well she is in middle of the two (late-bloomer and underachiever) since well she was considered to have a great mind and good with genjutsu but we hardly seen any of those from her in part 1 and only starting to see it somewhat in part 2.

Naruto would be the only real late-bloomer by definition since well he was considered an idiot. But when he started to show off, it was clear that he was much better then Sakura in "mind" when it came to battles (having a better mind mean tthat it would have been Sakura's job to propose strategies). He also proved to have more potential and much stronger then Sasuke could have. In fact, in most dire cases. he was the last man standing and pretty much doing all the things on his own. Too bad half of the world was never there to see him do it. But in a way that turned out to be a good thing for him in the end, especially how we see that there is an internal struggle in Kononha. I think it would have been much difficult for Jiraiya to take him away, if the elder considered him that strong.

---------------------
    Erm, what you said has nothing to do with being late-bloomers or not. It doesn't matter if they saved Konoha or not, it's alls about how their potenital was ranked by the village during that time which wasn't same as yours. If it was, you would have seen team 7 getting flowers, medales and lots of cheers by the crowd upon their return.

8. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

The only reason Team 7 wasn't on par with the Sannin at thier younger ages is because they weren't taught by the god of all Shinobi, Saurtobi.

I shudder to think at what they would have been like in the chuunin exams if Sarutobi had been personally teaching them since like age 6.

9. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Thank you Captain Obvious :D

10. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Just emphasizing that just because someone gets more powerful at a seemingly slower rate, it doesnt really mean they are a late bloomer. The potential was always there, Team7 simply was not priviledged in the same manner as the Sannin, and thus, their development was slower at the start, even though they are most likely even more talented.

11. Crush! Banned

Compared to every legendary or famous ninja (No one's comparing team 7 to some loser who failed the chuunin exam at 20 or the other loser rookie six) they are late bloomers. You seem to have missed the point of the question.

At 12, Itachi was a legend. So was Kakashi. Yondaime, the Sannin, Sandaime, all of them were legendary or at least well-known by the time the were the current Team 7's age. Compared to all of those people, Team 7 are late bloomers. If they aren't, then Naruto should rival Itachi in power and when Sasuke comes back he should be able to kill all of the Uchiha in a single night and rival Kakashi (as Itachi could pre-timeskip, when he was Sasuke's current timeskip age).

12. sheshyo Doesn't need a Custom Title

About the bold statement, I think the Title ("Naruto") and Naruto having Kyuubi inside him gave that away right from the get go. I think Naruto could be considered a latebloomer in terms of skill/talent, but not power. His fight with Mizuki, Haku, Gaara, etc, reinforced this at every point in the manga.

Sasuke's case is the exact opposite, he developed skill/talent early, but didn't have the power.

In Sakura's case, she obviously gained lot of power and skill under Tsunade; which she lacked pre-timeskip. So Sakura more than the other two could be considered a late bloomer. I believe Kishimoto also addressed this with flash backs, during her fight with Ino.

13. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Again Late-bloomers has nothing to do to with power. It is how they are precieved before they started to show off their true potential. Einstein is a late bloomer, his math teacher called him a failure. Then he discovered physics and started to show off, now he is the most brilliant mind to have existed in the 21st century. See the point?

14. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Well if its just how they are perceived then:

Naruto is definately a late bloomer, nobody thought he would amount to anything, and some still dont.

Sakura is up the middle, nobody expected her to be great, but they didnt expect her to suck either, and they all knew she was smart.

Sasuke would was basically considered a prodigy from the very get go. Even though he doesn't match up to what Itachi was like at that age (then again, he also didn't have the Mangekyo) he was #1 in his class at everything year after year. So definately not a late bloomer.

15. vagnard Well-Known Member

I still can't see why they are called late bloomers. The only guys we know for certain that were more powerful than Team 7 at age of 15 are Itachi and Sandaime (maybe Oro)...Kakashi was more powerful than team 7 at age of 13, but he hadn't particular lessons under a sannin during 2.5 years. Jiraiya wasn't a genius and he hadn't a Kyuubi to compensate. Gai was hardworker like Lee. Yondaime is always compared with Naruto (I don't say he is weak...personally I think he is the most powerful character in the manga...but he could reached his prime at 20)

Sannin and Kakashi were legendary because the wars....they were well-know because their feats. Like Kishomoto said in the Gaiden: they were called heros after the War against Rock. Team 7 born in a time of peace and they spended 2.5 years far from Konoha (except Sakura) without people to recognize them.

16. shibigoku Master of the fist

For what I know, we can only imagine a little percent of Sakura and Naruto's true potential. Sakura is like Tsunade's clone but she will surpass her thx to genjutsu and combine the two styles. Naruto will become a Jiraiya/Yondaime ninja but even stronger: Yondaime/Jiraiya jutsus, frog summons, more controlled tails (four would be unstoppable) and his own jutsus (kyuubi related or not).

The reason I didn't add Sasuke is this:

We know he'll become strong but we can tell in what way he'll stand out. Either he'll be a mix between Itachi and Oro or he'll get strong in his own way (which I seriously doubt can happen). There's nothing unique about the future Sasuke for me. Naruto'll be a legendary unique ninja and so will Sakura but Sasuke'll be the next legendary Itachi/Oro mix with a CS.

17. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Well because my friend late-bloomers doesn't depend on the old it depends on the character itself. So it wouldn't have mattered they surpassed Sarutobi or even Itachi if they did't beat their own predicted achievements first.