1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Gai and Team 7

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by fortykoubuns, Oct 24, 2005.

1. fortykoubuns Kat

Yah, hate me, I'm new here :p but I can't get over how alike these two teams are. There are so many parallels between the two teams. I wonder if Kishimoto intended that...anyways, here's my list of comparisons..

Lee and Naruto
    - drop-outs
    - at the academy, they could not perform ninjutsus to save their lives
    - they have someone important to them who believed in them anyways (Naruto and Iruka...Lee and Gai of course!)
    - I don't know if it should really count, but they both like Sakura ._.
    - Rivals, Naruto and Sasuke...Neji and Lee
    - they both have that thing for that green jump-suit (yah, Naruto does! And you all know it)
    - they can both flash out those nice guy poses
    - If teams are based upon balance, and Neji was no.1 (and so was Sasuke), and Naruto was last, Lee must have been last in his class too...unless Tenten was...which I seriously doubt...

Neji and Sasuke
    - they were both no. 1 from the academy
    - both have that elite attitude
    - family died and they plan to take revenge on more family (granted only Neji's father died and he tried to take it out on Hinata)
    - they have that eye bloodline ability going on!
    - pretty boys..hahaha..it's true
    - There always saying that either the Hyuuga family or the Uchiha family's the strongest in Konaha..something to that nature...

Tenten and Sakura
    - no matter how much we try to defend them...they're both pretty useless actually
    - they both like the 'cooler' guys, poor Naruto and Lee
    - they...umm...wear pink and they're girls?

Now I'm just running out of ideas....is there anything else I missed? I'm not so sure, but I'm sure there is ^.^;

Tags:
  2. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Tenten and Sakura are not useless at all.

Tenten seems to be a more than competent ninja with great potential that will eventually be realized.

3. lwong81 Member

4. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yeah tenten is ok, but sakura is supposed to become an elite jounin, even s-class. it's sad to say but it's true.

5. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

I wouldn't say Tenten and Sakura are useless. But other than that, I see your points.

6. Nintai The Dark Side

Yeah, you do have some valid points there. Tenten and Sakura are not useless but they do fight less than say Naruto or Sasuke. In the last battle though Tenten fought pretty well.

7. Chorismo Highjumping Japanlover

Can see your paralels but as the others mentioned both Sakura and Tenten gorws powerful along the series though they were weaker in comparison to their teammates in the beginning I suppose :)

8. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

<<

They are useless. Kat, be careful or you'll start a flame war XD.

*runs away before he dies*

Iwong...going to uconn doesnt mean we're obsessed with the huskies >O I personally thought they were idiots when they focused half their campus tour on the damn basketball team instead of the academics.

9. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

They're so much more opposite than parallels....all they've really got is the stereotypical genius, dropout, female that almost EVERY team has because they intentionally set it up that way.
    Naruto - Luckiest person on the show, almost always wins, some of the most powerful ninjutsus, student of one of the sannin, shows tactical thinking, heals himself whenhe powers up
    Lee - Least Lucky, always loses, no nin/genjutsus, student of a dropout, shows no critical thinking skills, hurts himself when he powers up

Sasuke - Clan killed by brother, went from good guy to ass
    Neji - Father killed by his own choice, Went from ass to good guy

Tenten - Actual worthwhile combat skill, has always wanted to be like Tsunade
    Sakura - Completely noncombat skills(genjutsu counter, chakra control, analytical thinking), actually was TAUGHT by Tsunade.

So in the end...theres no point in comparing, they're 2 separate teams. Thats that

10. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Regardless, Team Gai has always been able to kick Team 7's ass.

Neji: Genius of genius's, he really beat Naruto but the writers just let him win because Naruto is the main character aka main-character no jutsu. Could beat anyone on Team 7
    Rock Lee: Could beat anyone on team 7 besides Sasuke perhaps
    Tenten: Could soundly beat Sakura and perhaps Naruto.

11. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i'm pretty sure post time skip team 7 can beat team 8. infact i'm positive.

12. RyuusaBakuryu_Gaara Ryuusa Bakuryu!

Sakura and Tenten are not useless. Sakura gets pretty kickass in Part 2, and Tenten was good to begin with, it's just Temari had the fan and nullified all her attacks since all Tenten uses is weapons from scrolls.

But other than that, yeah, I see your point.

13. Ikke AshLEE That loser fangirl

I noticed some of those paralles as well. I think the reason why Naruto and Rock Lee get along so well is because they're alike and can understand each other.

I personally don't feel Tenten and Sakura are useless, though. It's just that they'll never be given a sufficient amount of spotlight for their characters to grow in both power and personality as their teammates. That's how I see it, at least.

14. hitori78 Narf!!!!

I like tenten, she has shown off some pretty good techniques and she's pretty intelligent, (like sakura) but she's not as "popular" as some of the others so they are always showing her getting owned.... too bad she doesn't have more chakra infused attacks (Katon,Doton) even if they are applied to her weapons...I think that would probably help her a lot......I mean sasuke in the past has sent fire through wires he's used to subdue his enemy.... as for just her being a girl..... well temari quiets that theory...she has kicked plenty of ass over and over.....

15. Sasori-Bot Gay for Sasori.

team gai is alot awsomer then team 7. and in the future english manga, why is it master "GUY"???

16. Kahlua2606 ANBU

Interesting theory, but it's true that Teams Kakashi and Gai are not the only ones that are that similar. For example, Shikamaru is the most 'genius' of his team, ie the best tactician and overall shinobi, like Sasuke; chouji is the kinda goofy one who doesn't have a lot of shinobi skills and messes up a lot, but he also is the best fighter and has the most power, like Naruto; Ino was kinda flaky during the chuunin exam, and really didn't do a whole lot to help out, like Sakura was also during the Chuunin exam, not to mention they both are obsessed with Sasuke.

You can make comparisons with almost any different groups--the most common comparison (and I think the most accurate) is between Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Jiraiya, Oro, Tsuande.

17. Lullaby my greatest treasure

Read the manga. They both have improved A LOT.

18. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

Ten-Ten and Sakura just have not had their moment to shine as of yet.

I guarentee that we will soon see Sakura busting out of her old mold and becoming a truely poweful ninja. We have gotten a tiny taste of what is in store, but are still in the dark with a lot.

As far as Ten-Ten goes, she has been getting some action in the fillers, but I bet we will see more from her in the actual manga sometime as well. She is too much of a unique ninja to completely overlook.

As in with real life, everyone develops at their own speed, and to call someone "useless" is a harsh statement to make.

19. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

sakura is going to be very useful in the future, a medic. not to mention her crazy strength and chakra control.

20. Terumaru Phoenix of the Hidden Blaze

I say that Tenten has no personality.. but that doesn't make her useless. Sakura has a very annoying personality when the series starts, and she WAS useless, but now she's really cool in the newer series.

21. ddrussianinja Member

Also, Neji and Sasuke both have curse seals that they'll never be able to remove and Lee and Naruto have both been told by their masters not to use that jutsu.

22. KunoichiTenten is irrevocably dark-humoured.

Wait............Sakura is supposed to become a elite jounin? Well, I have to say, they are not useless, TenTen definitely does her part, and in post timeskip Sakura has greatly improved her techniques, so these two kunoichi are helpful. I can see your point though, they are alike ^_^ which explains why some fanfics always connect both of them together.

23. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Well, I guess all teams have many similarities. But the thing with Gai?s team and team seven mostly exist, I think, to tell about rivalry and friendship. It starts with the sensei, Gai and Kakashi - who are nothing alike, but are rivals. It serves to show how things might turn out, with Lee and Neji being rivals, never friends, but a team, a very professional one. In team seven, there are more bonds, but things didnt turned out so great. And show us, in Kakashi and Gai, that both hard work and genius can do well if well orientated.

24. danthegenin uhh...

i never really stopped to think how alike they are. you should have done a kakashi/gai comparison

25. yummysasuke Kim Jaejoong

The two teams really do reflect each other, now that I have thought about it. Neji and Sasuke are both the tensai's of their respective teams.

Also, about Sakura and Tenten, I find that Tenten is actually much more useful and more of a competent ninja than Sakura. But as I haven't seen much of Tenten's fighting in the manga, I would say that Sakura and Tenten are quite equal in skills, especially after Sakura's training with Tsunade.

26. Heavy Arms Active Member

Sakura's hotter with the gloves on
    and TenTen got that whole Chun-Li thing going on