1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Yamato/ Yamato and Sai

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Danchou, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Danchou Antagonist

In character portayal, who of the 2 new team members do you like more? Also who do you think is going to be stronger judging on first impression? Perhaps we could soon start to ask who is the strongest in this team.

I myself have grown accustomed to Sai and he is said to be the strongest of the youths, but from the way it looks Yamoto is clearly no pushover. I think he looks kind of funny with his headgear on. Also he seems to be calm and collected.

Tags:
  2. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

Yamato works! there is no doubt that Yamato is probably stronger than all of them, with the exception of Naruto when he uses kyuubi.

Why? Because Yamato was really excited when Tsunade told him that he will be replacing Kakashi on this mission and will have kakashi's team under his command. So Yamato got really happy that Tsunade thinks he is on the same level as Kakashi or close to his level. Not to mention that he will probably know more jutsus that Naruto and Sakura for that matter, and probably has gone in more dangerous missions than Naruto.

3. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    ofcourse i favor my adopted son, Sai...he takes after his daddy.

and I think you ARE mistaken, Yamato is clearly a pushover...anyone who wears headgear like that is overcompensating for some inadequacy that lies deep within his character.
    atleast he doesn't stand in the way of Sai and his commentary of his fellow teammates, he takes the part of a true jounin team leader. let kids be kids.

4. Bosch Banned

I hate that Yamato doesn't go as Anbu. They look so cool.

oh: Because I realized you were right. :wink

5. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

Yes he refers to Kakashi as his sempai for that reason he is happy, because he was choosen to replace someone that he himself knows is better than him. But getting picked by Tsunade for this mission, he also knows that there was none better than him for this mission. Thats why "its an honor" for him, because he got picked when tsunade could have picked so many others, he is surprised that Tsunade choose him, that means he is valued by Tsunade as a good ninja.

oh: why you edit your reply lol.

6. MuNaZ <b>I TOOK IT LIKE A MAN</b>

Sai Is okay... But Yamato is probably Better, he's an ANBU...
    I Hope Yamato Has some Cool Jutsus And he might be a good Leader.
    Can't wait for next chapters:)

7. silverwings Hero of Time

Yamato is probably better than Sai, till the enemy starts throwing Kunai. :p

In all seriousness, though, if Sai is better than Yamato, I'll be dissapointed. Yamato should be the older, more experienced ANBU member than Sai. Ergo, he should be stronger. That, and we need someone who can put Sai in his place. :)

8. geminis Active Member

I doubt yamato and numerous other shinobi from the leaf has gone on missions as dangerous as naruto has. Naruto bumping heads with akatsuki is as dangerous as it gets lets be serious. It is a possibility that yamato has gone on dangerous missions probably more than sakura since he's anbu, but naruto hangs around with a sannin praised for his inteligence gathering. The leaf's top priority now is to keep the kyuubi from the akatsuki as mentioned by the elder council members.

Also, @silverwing... Hopefully yamato is stronger than sai but as it is implied that sai is from that special unit of anbu that was banded. So sai is probably stronger than yamato but < than kyubbified Naruto.

9. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Yamato could probably best any of them in a fight...Though it wouldn't suprise me if Sai poses the biggest challenge. That kid is a super soldier raised from birth to kill.

10. Sh33p Jutsu Theorist

Random aside: Turn Yamato`s hair white and who does he look like?

The second Hokage.

Methinks Yamato might be one of Tsunade`s cousins o_o

11. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

I really don't like Sai (not really hate but still),Yamato is my favorite..i can picture myself him doing some cool jutsus..anything but kage bunshin or rasengan will do!!!

12. maxhrk Legendary Yellow Poster

nah.. i think Sai is in training ANBU organization.. so he might not be equal to Yamato in strength.. who know...

13. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I like both, but I prefer Yamato due to his being the only masculine male to be introduced in Part II thus far. There was no confusion on his gender.

Not to mention he's teh smex! :tem

14. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

I haven't seen either member do shit, so I can't vote. Though both look promising.

15. MS81 Supreme Jounin

16. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i think yamato will turn out to be stronger than sai, but naruto will be stronger than all of them.

17. TenshiOni Active Member

---------

Sai's awesome and Yamato seems promising. I'm inclined to believe that Yamato's of the Jounin-level, if Tsunade had him in mind.

18. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Yamato is probably almost Kakashi's level. Probably better than 3-year jounin Kurenai.

19. Riles481 Jade-Eyed Jasper

I like the way Yamato looks wiht his whole headgear getup

and Saio just strikes me as another prick

meh

20. Efernand Member

Are you guys kidding? If Yamato was chosen to take Kakashi's place he must clearly be a bad ass. Tsunade is not just gonna pick some random ANBU guy.

21. norul3z Hyuuga Neiji

wah .. where do u guys read chapter 284 ? so fast ? im now reading at msn website .. 1st time read diz topic .. kind a weird too .. who is yamato ? then .. read whole topic again .. now i know .. he must be in chapter 284 right ??

22. kel-kel New Member

It'd be good if Sai proves himself to be a really stronger character in this upcoming arc cause when he gets his ass handed to him it'll be oh-so-sweet.

Personally, I hope Sasuke will make an appearance and be the one to hand Sai his ass on a plate... Naruto's going to end up taking Sasuke down in the inevitable rematch.

23. Danchou Antagonist

Yamato is the Anbu captain who takes off his mask. The last member to join the 4man team and he temporarily replaces Kakashi as leader.

24. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

lol everything' considered filler material since people found out about the anime filler going on until April :laugh. I don't know how this could be filler, though, since it involves contacting a spy that is in Oro's hideout, thus getting closer to the revealing of Sasuke.

Seriously I'll just say that I like Yamato right now. He's just cooler right now due to the seemingly polite attitude. As for whose stronger, I have not a clue since Sai hasn't shown his true stuff and Yamato hasn't even made a serious face yet.

25. Kepa spinningkickinyourface-jutsu

Sai, by far...not only is his jutsu intresting, his attitude is hilarious :)

26. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I agree with you on that. I think kabuto is the spy he is also working with ataksuki

27. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Yamato seems to be atleast around mid-Jounin level in strength if he was going to replace Kakashi. With that being said, Yamato is the one I like the most out of the two.

28. SensesFail Don't touch me there!

I think people are understating Yamato's power. He has to replace Kakashi not only as the team leader but as Naruto's protector from Akatsuki. So he will have to be in a strength area where he could pose a challenge to a member of Akatsuki. I don't think Sai is at that level, but more around Naruto's.

So yamato is cooler and the strongest member of his team.

29. Shisui is dead

Yamato will fuck. Your shit. Up. End of story.

30. metronomy Active Member

Generally the quite one proves to be the strongest, however I do not see Yamato or Sai for that matter becoming perminant characters of Naruto.

There seems like there might be some tension between Sai and Yamato because of there obvious ANBU relations.