1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Tech/Customer Support Sucks!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by ChipsAndSnacks, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ChipsAndSnacks The Anti-Bishie

I quit. I fucking quit. 6 months of this bullshit ain't worth the measly 12 bucks an hour. I was able to hold so long. I've only held this long because since we're short staffed, I don't like leaving friends behind. But now sometimes I have to know when to look out for number one. Other issues:

1. My new boss has the "making a name for himself thing"
    2. Boss used to be from a rival company
    3. Did not hang out or drink with the crew at my former boss's going away party. (although I was the only one drunk, still...)
    4. Micro-managing
    5. Wants a "middle-ground" when dealing with customers and eliminate our own personality from the phones.
    6. A business method has been added into our jobs dealing with companies rather than just customers this time. Although I don't mind the extra work, they should of gave us courses on it, rather than give us an introduction on how it'll benefit the company and their business partners. The tech support ARE NOT READY. The techs on the phone are going to take the full brunt of this first if something goes wrong. We've been given the heads up on it a month ago. But still, there was no training.
    7. No benefits at all. No discounts, anything, nada. Just free coffee which you brew yourself. I didn't care much. But in a meeting where they brought in ergonomics and stuff, I found out the company doesn't even look after their temps to little bullshit like this. Theres only 10 of us in the tech center. All temps. The whole ergonomics thing is only for the permanents. Being how young I am, its not a big deal. But its nice that the people you work for are looking out for you. Even if something as little as ergonomics. I DID NOT NEED TO KNOW THIS. I was comfortable THINKING that the company doesn't look out for their temps than KNOWING.
    8. First meeting. Boss wanted to break the ice to make us comfortable with him by asking some bullshit about "what your favorite book and movie is" and then blindsides us with the "Okay, this is how things are gonna be."
    9. $12 an hour

This is just reasons why I don't like working at the company. Other reasons:

Customers:
    1. Always expect at least (1) irrate customer per day.
    2. People who don't understand their warranty
    3. People who expect they get treated like royalty
    4. People that run their own business that have a busted computer part that decide to call a month later to get their part replaced yet complain for getting their part shipped back to them by ground like everyone else rather than overnight.

I'm out. They don't deserve my 2 weeks notice.

Tags:
  2. Mecha-Kisame Buckle up your head belt.

I hear far too many horror stories from the tech support crowd. Apparently it truly is as close to Hell on Earth as we can get.

I don't do it professionally, but I do it for relatives and the like, it's pretty lame stuff. "I've somehow lost 4 megabytes of ram, I had 64 but now I have 60."

"What?"

3. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

wow. i can understand why the people i talk to to get a part replaced are such douches now...their jobs suck.

4. ChipsAndSnacks The Anti-Bishie

Yes. Job sucks. An almost thankless job really. Just take the bitches and complaints, and try to bottle it up. Its pretty hard to not snap back to a customer that doesn't understand his warranty and complains and insults you. Because you're not allowed to. Just take it in the ear.

5. foxStick Custom user what now?

Damn, I only get paid $10 and hour, but then again I mainly do dial-up support, which normally isn't a problem, but right now we're getting shit-hammered. Still not as bad as some of my other jobs though...

6. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Oh, boo-hoo. I've been working at IBM doing tech support for a year and a half.

And I have to pay for my coffee, thank you very much.

7. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

You seem to get easily irritated