• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Tech Support Thread

I may have already asked this, but why is it that computer cases rarely have side fans, recently? They still have front, rear, and top fans, so why would side fans be any different?

@Ren., are you well-versed in setting up home theater systems?
I can't help you there, my experience is limited.

I may have already asked this, but why is it that computer cases rarely have side fans, recently? They still have front, rear, and top fans, so why would side fans be any different?
You can put top under for PSU, frond 3: 120mm, back 1 120mm.

That is enough, right side is usually for cable management so no air flow and the left is for temperate glass and no space as that is where the components are inserted on the motherboard.

I now have a center-channel speaker and four satellite speakers for my own home theater system, so I need only a subwoofer, now, but I have noticed that most subwoofers have two inputs: a left and a right, so do I need two cables to connect the subwoofer to the receiver, or will a single cable suffice?

This question is not strictly related to technical support, but why do most LED flashlights today have multiple modes? I find that to be terribly annoying, since I prefer simply on and off for flashlights; I could tolerate multiple modes if the flashlights used a sliding switch, so that I could instantly set the devices to the desired brightness, but using a push button switch, requiring the user to cycle through the modes, is very annoying.

blakstealth

Plus est en vous
I now have a center-channel speaker and four satellite speakers for my own home theater system, so I need only a subwoofer, now, but I have noticed that most subwoofers have two inputs: a left and a right, so do I need two cables to connect the subwoofer to the receiver, or will a single cable suffice?
if the subwoofer you're looking into getting has an input labeled "LFE", then you can just use one cable to connect the port that's labeled "LFE" to your receiver.

if the subwoofer you're looking into getting has an input labeled "LFE", then you can just use one cable to connect the port that's labeled "LFE" to your receiver.

I am planing to purchase this subwoofer, the , which does not have an LFE input, so I could purchase a Y cable for it.

I also noticed that the costs only $20.00 more than does the PSW 10, so I wonder if I should get it, instead.

blakstealth

Plus est en vous
I am planing to purchase this subwoofer, the , which does not have an LFE input, so I could purchase a Y cable for it.

I also noticed that the costs only $20.00 more than does the PSW 10, so I wonder if I should get it, instead.
Owner's manual:

PSW10—NOTE:The PSW10 subwoofer does not have an LFE input. Instead, use either the L or R Line input (another hookup option is to use a Y-split cable and connect bothL and R Line inputs). After you make this Sub Out connection, turn the "Low Pass" filter fully clockwise. This will in effect create an LFE input.

Owner's manual:

PSW10—NOTE:The PSW10 subwoofer does not have an LFE input. Instead, use either the L or R Line input (another hookup option is to use a Y-split cable and connect bothL and R Line inputs). After you make this Sub Out connection, turn the "Low Pass" filter fully clockwise. This will in effect create an LFE input.

Do you own the PSW 10? You seem to be very knowledgeable about it. A Y-splitter cable is only slightly more expensive than is a normal cable, so I see no reason to not purchase one.

Also, on that subject, I purchased the PSW108, yesterday; originally, I had planned to purchased the PSW10, as that model is $20 less expensive, but the PSW108 was available at the local electronics store, so I decided that I did not wish to miss that opportunity, and I also have read that the PSW108 has the advantage of being able to produce sound frequencies as low as 35 hertz, whereas the PSW10 can reach only as low as 40 HZ; I am not certain how often that I shall actually notice that difference.

Also, I have been reading that some home theater systems has two subwoofers, placed on opposite ends of the room, for symmetrical bass production, an idea that sounds appealing, to me, but, after all the money that I have currently spend, and still have yet to spend, I am not certain if I wish to spend even more money for another subwoofer; what does everyone else think about that?

Why are video cards so expensive, currently, and will the prices decrease in the near future? I am very glad that I purchased one when the prices were still low, so that I was able to build a new computer with it.

I have an .mp3 player with a memory card that has a storage capacity of 128 gigabytes, which its instruction manual says is the maximum that it can accept, so I presume that it would not be a wise idea to put a larger memory card into it?

Also, I now have all the speakers that I need for my own home theater system, but I am planning to wait until shortly before I move into my own house to purchase a television, disc player, and A/V receiver, as such items are updated relatively frequently; is that the best course of action to take, in this situation?

First, why are people using GPU's and not CPU's for data mining? GPU's are intended for graphics, not anything else; second, why did it take until now for the prices to skyrocket? Third, what can average consumers do about the high prices of video cards?
GPUs can do complex algorithms way faster so way more money like 20x.

GPUs can do more than playing games or videos.

This is not the first time GPus are expensive, it happened before in 2018, but now we also have COVID.

The average consumer can do what all of us do, also mine with it, in 6 weeks I paid for 40% of my GPU, not taking into account the money I will get from the stocks that I bough with those funds.

Last edited:
This is not the first time GPus are expensive, it happened before in 2018, but now we also have COVID.

In that case, hopefully, when the pandemic is over, the prices shall decrease, again.

The average consumer can do what all of us do, also mine with it, in 6 weeks I paid for 40% of my GPU, not taking into account the money I will get from the stocks that I bough with those funds.

I care nothing for data mining, nor does anyone else in my family; I just built myself a new computer, so I do not need to worry about the high prices of video cards, but, when I eventually build a new computer for my father, I am worried that video cards shall still be prohibitively expensive.

Again, I have a question: if my .mp3 player is rated for a memory card with a maximum storage capacity of 128 gigabytes, I should not attempt to use a larger memory card with it, should I?

Top Bottom