1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Tenketsu affect on special abiitys

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Dark Uchiha, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Dark Uchiha

Curse seal, a power given from orochimaru that when activated forcefully extracts your chakra to its limits. Even sealed if the user wants to use it, it will be released, so its safe to assume it reacts to the will power of the user

open gates requires a special knack or do how into opening it. The first lotus forcefully opens the first gate and gives you chakra

now the jyuken is a hyuuga taijutsu art that a highly skilled byuukagen user can see and find the tenketsu and aim to increase/decrease chakra in the body of a opponent by closing the holes

but as seen from naruto, asking the kyuubi for chakra, it poured kyuubi chakra through his pathways *as i believe reopening his pathways* to use chakra as i understand must have chakra and chakra travels through these pathways through each point

now the question

if any of the naruto chars were to have there tenketsu closed would these special abilities such as curse seal or opening the gates allow them to break through this like naruto did? if you believe either way plz discuss

p.s, i didnt see any search comment or anything like that around so... please forgive me and beLIEve me.

Tags:
  2. BattousaiMS

Curse seal really doesn't affect tenketsus per say though. What curse seal does it's pretty much what the celestial gates of Rock Lee does without Sasuke having to perform it or release it. That is basically all that is in its base term. Everything else is pretty much depending the character effect then an effect for overall users.

For your question:
    Well if we go by the CS = Dark Celestial Gates thingly then we must relate it to how Naruto broke from Neji's blockade via Kyuubi. That is a huge surge of chakra started to pour out from the inside to the outside in one form or another. In that case, having CS will most likely break the tenketsu bloakage too. In fact we can go as far as to say that the blockade will allow the seal to breakout much easier as we have seen what happened to Sasuke when he was near depleted chakra state in the prelims. After all, that what tenketsu blocking pretty much does un terms of ninja abilities without the person being battered that is.

3. masta_phat

when naruto fought fought neji he had a second source for chakra where as cs and gates is still the same chakra...i know where ur coming from, i just think that the only reason why naruto could keep fightin waas cuz he wasn't using his chakra no more it was kyuubi...whereas if u lock someone with cs and gates the would not have another source to pull out cuz their only source of chakra has already been shut down...

4. Dark Uchiha

understandable, but CS forcefully extracts your chakra. How would having your chakra sealed effect this from happening and getting your chakra to flow again

5. masta_phat

Good point, i suppose it all depends on how strong neji/the user is cuz wasn't it mentioned that it would be up to neji when the person can use their chakra again.. or something along the lines of that.. i guess if lee just bursted out all gates neji wouldn't be able to hold it all back or something i ono i could be wrong about the neji being able to control when the chakra can be re-released

6. Devilguy

Completely sealing an opponent's tenketsus is extremely difficult anyway, unless the victim is much slower than the Hyuuga performing the attack.

7. soulman

Hmmm... Well I think that jyuken actuly damages those chakra holes so they become unavalible for some time. Cuz I think if there was chakra bloking another users chakra flow holes then the user would`t be able to use chakra ever again or just until Neji released his chakra from his opponents flow holes.

So its safe to say that when naruto using Kyubi chakra actuly healed his flow canals so he could use his chakra again, although he was using Kyubi chakra agenst Neji. But then when he fought Gara he was using his own chakra and I think Neji actuly said that he won`t be able to use chakra for a couple of days or some time or something. So how was he able to use it?? Well Kyubis chakra healed his chakra flow holes. So unless you have Kyubi you could not release the flow holes I think.

But I could be wrong...

8. Devilguy

The palm strikes and tenketsu sealing are two different things with different effects.

9. Moccanime

Gates don't think so. The Cursed Seal might however do the trick.

But before we discuss this we need to be sure, that we think the techniques work the same way.

Tenketsu Sealing: The way I understand this, is that the technique "inserts" a small bit of chakra into the enemy's tenketsu, blocking chakra flow until the foreign chakra is absorbed or forced out of the tenketsu.

Chakra Gates: My understanding of this technique, is that the user forces enough chakra into the gates to forcefully open them.
    So if the user had enough chakra gates sealed, to prevent him from controlling his chakra, he would not be able to use the gates.

Cursed Seal:
    The effect of this is similiar to the gates with one major difference. The seal activates when the user wills it to, you don't have to focus chakra to activate it, you just have to think about it.
    So in that case it might be able to, if it pulls out massive amounts of chakra like Sasuke's did in the forest of death.

That's how I think these things work, but I might be wrong

10. masta_phat

i personally think that whether or not you think about or not, it would still be extremley difficult... yea the curse seal lets out a massive amount of chakra without u even havinig to focus on it but if ur chakra has been all sealed up theres nothing left to pull out

11. Dark Uchiha

your chakra maybe sealed, but u dont lose it. its just the trouble of accessing it.

Curse seal extracts it, seal or no seal. as even a sealing jutsu really doesnt matter to it

12. BattousaiMS

I never said CS and the Gates were exactly like Kyuubi but they pretty much do the same thing. The only big difference between the two is that in the case of Kyuubi it's another entity that gives the chakra. While the gates and CS just takes the chakra normally reserved for regular body function. It's pretty much like using berserk spells on RPGs except instead of your physical defense being taking for your full out attacks it's your chakra that gets taken out. The chakra that these two jutsus take out is the chakra that would have permmited you to still live normailly if your useable chakra was totally depleated.

13. nIsmoAddict

Curse seal would not unseal the flow of chakra

If the curse seals of the likes of Sasuke and sound 4 would cancel out tenketsu points blocks, one of the sound 4 with the spiderman abilities wouldn't have lost to Neji at the end of the rescue arc.

14. John Connor

Neji was also(probably) damaging his organs while he closed the spider guys tenketsu not to mention Neji damaged the spider guys organs when he sent juken(not sure on this one) through the spider web before he closed the spider guys tenketsu

15. Dark Uchiha

true, in combat having your tenketsu closed for even a sec would place you in a unfavorable situation