1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

That can't be akatsuki leader's face. [327]

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Art, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Art

I don't see how that works. Kishimoto keeps this guy's face a complete and total mystery and all of the sudden, in an irrelevent chapter adds the bottom half of his face? I think that this can't work because it ruins the suspense of finding out what AL's face looks like when the big moment finally comes, the climax of the whole naruto manga in general.

For an idea on who it is, think about Sleeper agents. Yura & Kabuto were both Sasori's sleeper agents, who says that Akatsuki leader, or maybe even other members can't have them either? Maybe this is just one of them.

Sorry, it's an idea. :notrust

Tags:
  2. atom

This is all will add to this thread. If thats really the AL. He will be the ugliest villian ever scene.. he will look completely photoshopped.

3. Megaharrison Retired Staff

How is that an irrelevant chapter? It's the end of major Akatsuki action and I doubt he'll be seen again for quite some time.

4. fender0111

when i first saw it i thought it was ino, but then i realized it was covering shoulders.

5. Art

By irrelevent, I mean chapters that don't focus on the Akatsuki Leader himself. These last chapters have all been about revealing Hidan and Kakuzu for what they really are -- why would he feel like doing the same thing to Akatsuki Leader?

6. Jin-E

Ill hold off any judgements until i have read the chapter in full.

Even if the person in the picture has AL's apparence, doesnt necessarily mean he is there personally. He could have used the same technique he used on those Sasori lackey's in the Gaara arc.

7. Marsala

It could be that the Akatsuki leader really isn't the main villain and is ultimately of no more importance to the story than Hidan and Kakuzu. He might indeed be a Shikamaru-type leader instead of an Aizen-type.

8. KLoWn

Well i personally doubt it's the purple haired aka member since on the pic you don't see any of the persons hair hanging down, and from the pic we've seen her/he's hair is atleast down to chin lenght.

9. sheshyo

Earlier his introduction the better, no one will care for a noname ultra powerful being with weak or no connection to the main characters when he suddenly appears. Of course this is considering he's not someone we've already been hinted at.

10. -GoW-

People need to accept that AL isn't the main villain. As soon as they accept it, his appearence on this chapter won't seem that odd. He might be extremely powerfull... but he won't be the main villain. In Akatsuki only Itachi really matters. AL is second to him.

Im kinda drunk since I've just arrived from a party but still...

11. Sho

So basically, this isn't the Akatsuki leader's face because you don't want it to be, since you think it's lame?

Awesome logic! :thumbs:nuts

12. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    I'm also of the opinion that AL isn't as important to the story as his actions are...I think overall he is simply a plot device to give other, more important character's, power (Itachi, Orochimaru etc.) or to cause some great catastrophe through some foolish actions.

His punk/goth/whatever appearance merely reinforces this belief...Shonen villains are sleek cool and pretty, they don't wear goatee's and have tribal piercings.

AL = no name ninja = plot device

13. Art

If you would be willing to read my thread, you'd see that instead of using the storyline as a medium for my reasoning, i've used the actual story. Kishimoto has kept the Akatsuki leaders whole face besides his eyes in a macabre shadow throughout several chapters. We've just finished a fight that most likely has made some type of impact on the plot concerning Asuma. We've seen Hidan's voodoo technique and what looks to be part of Kakuzu's ability.

To put something in this chapter that's been hidden away from us for several chapters and completely irrelevent to the whole fight we've just seen doesn't fit. It doesn't fit that we've had these action packed chapters and now we're about to completely change gear and see Akatsuki Leaders face? Clearly in this next chapter or two we're going to see the akatsuki leader again - so explain to me this; are we going to see him, or see his shadow?

Maybe the Akatsuki Leader isn't the main villian, that seem's reasonable. But keep in mind that he's been under shadows throughout pleanty of chapters. There is a reason why Kishimoto wouldn't let him be seen; every instance we've seen of him he's either been shadowed or been turned away from the main picture. Face it, we're not supposed to see him yet.

You may argue that we only saw part of his face, but that's just as stupid and leave's to much space for plotholes.

Let's also do some paint stuff, hey, I have nothing better to do.

Look like spikes to you?

This also leave's a perfect entrence for a brand new type of character to enter the akatsuki scene. Maybe purple-hair. Maybe something else. We have 3 pages of the upcoming chapter and to make such inane assumptions that it has to be Akatsuki Leader is childish and concerns me. Sorry.

Think before you speak.

Edit: It show's some major controversy that people have to negative rep me because they disagree with my opinions. I respect everyone's opinion , and all I ask is that people respect mine.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  14. Luckyday

15. blazingshadow

akatsuki leader is probably not even the strongest akatsuki of all but has some leverage on the other members via a super jutsu that gives power or something. if anything that he and sasuke have said oro seems more worried about itachi than the akatsuki leader or other members

16. Marsala

But we're about to have another Akatsuki meeting. It's quite likely that this will be the full disclosure on the Akatsuki and their true motives, so it makes sense to see more of the leader now (and perhaps the whole face next chapter). The leader could also be having his introduction now so that he and his partner can fight Orochimaru and Sasuke in a mini-arc while Naruto perfects his new jutsu and waits for Kakuzu and Hidan to return. That way we could see Sasuke's "that jutsu" before Naruto's, so that we won't see Sasuke's "that jutsu" only when he uses it against Naruto and it fails.
    With that resolution, he could have a freaking Mohawk.

He's giving orders! Of course he's the leader! The other member hasn't even had a line yet; (s)he certainly won't be introduced suddenly usurping the leader's usual role.

17. James

It can be the leader's face because Kishimoto has made a huge deal about the fact he's even showing ANY of his face. It was only a partial reveal and we're not sure what he really actually looks like but he focused an entire page to his figure sitting on a statue (from that distance it's impossible to tell whether he'd have spikey hair or not and zooming in doesn't cover it, the evidence points to it being the AL though because the statue has the damn eyes) and then ended the chapter making a big deal out of getting to see his chin. That suggests that this member is HUGELY important and it seems most likely he'd give the leader this treatment above everyone else.

Yes, we got a partial reveal of the leader before the blue haired member but no, this doesn't mean it's not the leader. Not every manga has to work in the same predictable order you'd expect and I think we'll get a FULL view of the blue haired member before we do of the leader. This was just to tease us until then.

18. atom

Don't mean to butt into you guys debate, but didnt Zetsu order Hidan and Kazuku around?

19. Art

But we're about to have another Akatsuki meeting. It's quite likely that this will be the full disclosure on the Akatsuki and their true motives, so it makes sense to see more of the leader now (and perhaps the whole face next chapter). The leader could also be having his introduction now so that he and his partner can fight Orochimaru and Sasuke in a mini-arc while Naruto perfects his new jutsu and waits for Kakuzu and Hidan to return. That way we could see Sasuke's "that jutsu" before Naruto's, so that we won't see Sasuke's "that jutsu" only when he uses it against Naruto and it fails.

If you're correct about a full disclosure on Akatsuki, then it makes sense. We've already seen a Bijuu extracted though, and nothing ridiculously interesting happened. What makes this different? I always pictured in my head the disclosure of Akatsuki to come when they we're actually challenged by something and had a dilemma.

With that resolution, he could have a freaking Mohawk.

Zoomed in on the original page.

He's giving orders! Of course he's the leader! The other member hasn't even had a line yet; (s)he certainly won't be introduced suddenly usurping the leader's usual role.

You're right about that - it seems most logical that the leader would be giving orders. That's why I ended my post with "It's just an idea." -- I'm not going to cross the line between a debate and argument, it's just my opinion that I tried my best to back up. We've already seen Sasori, Deidara, and Itachi give other members orders. I'm not able to make a full judgement on if your facts render my idea totally useless.

20. James

Somewhat, but he didn't order the extraction of a bijuu. That's something that sounds a bit more like leader material...Zetsu also comes across like possibly being either the leader's messenger or right hand man because he seems to be important for doing stuff like that.

Another thing, isn't the message he orders them with meant to be sent by telepathy or something? We don't have the chapter yet but I think I read that.....with his projection jutsu thing (I think he's probably responsible for the technique all the members use to project their form to different places), something like telepathy sounds like it'd be more fitting for him to use than anyone else.

21. Descent of the Lion

You're wrong...every member of Akatsuki has been significant..it would be idiotic to make the AL a no name...he owns.

22. Marsala

This time they are sealing a free Bijuu instead of one inside a jinchuuriki, which is slightly different. That's probably the reason that we didn't see Yugito's extraction - it would be a near-exact replay of the Gaara extraction. Presumably the current ceremony will be a little different.

Also, The problem with picturing things in our heads is that the actual manga rarely plays out the way we want it to. For my part, I did expect the Akatsuki to gather and talk during the Sanbi interaction, if only for Itachi to get upset about Hidan and Kakuzu going for his target. Of course, I didn't think that the ceremony would be an excuse to end the battle.
    Yep, I know. I'm just saying that the picture in its original or modified form isn't enough to make any evaluations on hairstyle, though the other member's pin should have been visible if it was her.
    Understood. To be more clear on my part, the orders the leader(?) is giving now are more authoritative and make use of the ring system, something only the leader has used so far. It would be a surprise for another member to act in such a way, and indeed would point to Akatsuki having two effective leaders in an almost equal partnership.

23. lazer85

i kind of agree, i dont think he's the main villian, but now that I think about it, if that is the case, why would his face be a secret unless it is a character we already know or has some strong resemblence and connection to a character we already know. I don't know about him being someone we thought all along, but there will defintely be some sort of surprise about his face, otherwise there'd be no reason to show him without showing his face previously

24. vagnard

The bear, the hair style, the nose....Asuma in the last arc.

AL is obviously Konohmaru's father and the son of the Third.

..................no

25. Kyuubi Naruto

Just because Kishi does something you don't like or thinks fits doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It is the Akatsuki Leader and it is being shown.

As for the people saying he isn't going to be the final villain, you would think it would be set in stone now but usually these people are ones that think Orochimaru, the guy that's been in a defensive situation a couple of times, the guy who's shown most of his best stuff, the guy who's been said to be weaker than Itachi who's the final villain of Sasuke and not Naruto the main character, the guy who has been on the wrong side of the manga before and made us think "Is Orochimaru going to survive" or "Is Orochimaru hurt", the guy who's been focused on Sasuke who's not the main character of the series, the guy who's evil but who's shown weakness and has had some problems before, is going to be the final villain.

Good job believing that one guys.

26. Zhero

at least we now know its not the 4th, its either that or hes grown a gotee

27. CrystalCypher

Well pretty much every Akatsuki member has been shown besides the purple haired girl and AL. Only half of AL has been shown and it's just to get fans to speculate more.

28. cognitivedissonance

The reason that IS the AL is because, basically the AL is no one we know. Although people like to suggest he is yondaime or whoever, he isn't. If kishi built it up and then showed the guys face and it was just a new character everyone would be all WTF?!?

So kishi is softening the blow. Letting fans know he's no one.

(though he does look a bit similar to sasori in the mouth.)

29. Mouten

I agree. :cry

30. Di@BoLik

It should be the AL since Kishi hasn't shown us his entire face (Its still a mystery). With the other Akatsuki, he just popped them into the chapter and by the end, we knew their appearance..